General Discussion and Theories

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was it confirmed he was an alcoholic? Link please.

I wrote 'It seems to be confirmed' because it has been on these threads as accurate but I did not come across the actual source.So maybe someone who posted this news originally can help with the actual source. Thank you in advance.

It was stated (trying to find either the article or the pc to relate) that HPS said: TPS may want to conduct their own investigation on these properties

Can anyone remember where this was?

Thanks, kramkat! I very distinctly remember hearing Kavanagh, when refuting the stories about "other remains found on the farm", stating that 'We are dealing with ONE set of remains ~ Tim Bosma's. Toronto Police may want to conduct their own investigations...' I've been combing through the news reports, trying to find a link that includes this part of the comment, but haven't had any luck. His words really stood out to me at the time that I heard it, but there seems to be no written confirmation to be found! Perhaps one of the videos contains the full quotation, but I don't have any speakers connected to my computer to search through those. I believe the presser I'm looking for would've been aired on May 21.

Thanks, kramkat! I very distinctly remember hearing Kavanagh, when refuting the stories about "other remains found on the farm", stating that 'We are dealing with ONE set of remains ~ Tim Bosma's. Toronto Police may want to conduct their own investigations...' I've been combing through the news reports, trying to find a link that includes this part of the comment, but haven't had any luck. His words really stood out to me at the time that I heard it, but there seems to be no written confirmation to be found! Perhaps one of the videos contains the full quotation, but I don't have any speakers connected to my computer to search through those. I believe the presser I'm looking for would've been aired on May 21.

This is what I mean by semantics...they didn't lie...the truth was there to see...but they kept the heat off of TPS while they got their ducks in a row. It makes for 2 distinct charges to insure they get their man...and the right man.

I wrote 'It seems to be confirmed' because it has been on these threads as accurate but I did not come across the actual source.So maybe someone who posted this news originally can help with the actual source. Thank you in advance.

There is a freelance journalist who has written for the Star, Post, etc who posted on her Twitter feed that she had heard WM had these issues from a extremely reliable source. Not MSM so not linkable and she has since deleted the three relevant tweets.

As a freelancer who writes then sells stories she would have no market for this kind of expose because after all WM is innocent in this and doesn't deserve to be publicly shamed this way. True or not I don't think this will ever find it's way into MSM.

Anyway this info now falls in the 'strictly rumour' category.

http://www.chch.com/web-extra-glenn-de-caire-interview/

not sure if this has been posted or not, good interview with HPS Chief Caire

Thank you, I missed some of this on TV. He said forensics spent two full days going over just one of the vehicles.

Regarding the tip line, which remains open, Chief De Caire said "...people in this investigation who have called to say 'I don't know if this fits, but I want to tell you about it', that's been critically important because we do know where it fits. And not everybody out there has all the answers, and we certainly don't have all the answers yet, but as people give us these small pieces of information we're able to plug those into the story line..."

There is a freelance journalist who has written for the Star, Post, etc who posted on her Twitter feed that she had heard WM had these issues from a extremely reliable source. Not MSM so not linkable and she has since deleted the three relevant tweets.

As a freelancer who writes then sells stories she would have no market for this kind of expose because after all WM is innocent in this and doesn't deserve to be publicly shamed this way. True or not I don't think this will ever find it's way into MSM.

Anyway this info now falls in the 'strictly rumour' category.

Yes I guess it does if the woman has deleted her tweets. However it is also still rumor that DM had anything to do with his fathers death imo. In fact it is very unlikely IMO.

Yes I guess it does if the woman has deleted her tweets. However it is also still rumor that DM had anything to do with his fathers death imo. In fact it is very unlikely IMO.

Yes, honestly I think WM sadly committed suicide. LE is acting with an abundance of caution in researching his death, but I think there was enough going on in WM's life that he chose to take his own life. Very, very sad that after death he is having all the darkness in his life publicly catalogued and unfair to DM whether one wants to hear that or not.

This is what I mean by semantics...they didn't lie...the truth was there to see...but they kept the heat off of TPS while they got their ducks in a row. It makes for 2 distinct charges to insure they get their man...and the right man.

I imagine that the massive expense associated with the search and forensics testing would also play a role... TPS is already on record in the investigation of LB (and WM). HPS has recovered the evidence that they were looking for, and has surely been in communications with TPS with respect to the investigations involving DM's properties. Seems rather significant to me that it's TPS that are onsite and not Waterloo, as the property would fall in their jurisdiction aside from that which is directly related to the TB investigation, would it not?

MOO

I imagine that the massive expense associated with the search and forensics testing would also play a role... TPS is already on record in the investigation of LB (and WM). HPS has recovered the evidence that they were looking for, and has surely been in communications with TPS with respect to the investigations involving DM's properties. Seems rather significant to me that it's TPS that are onsite and not Waterloo, as the property would fall in their jurisdiction aside from that which is directly related to the TB investigation, would it not?

MOO

I'd say yes...except for 1 thing. Toronto Police have greater resources, manpower, and the ability to claim both WM and LB as open cases. They can simply apply for warrants on an open case. Waterloo regional would have to open a new case. Why compete when you can co-operate and pool resources and share credit?

Yes, honestly I think WM sadly committed suicide. LE is acting with an abundance of caution in researching his death, but I think there was enough going on in WM's life that he chose to take his own life. Very, very sad that after death he is having all the darkness in his life publicly catalogued and unfair to DM whether one wants to hear that or not.

Unfair to DM? Did you mean unfair to WM? After all, if DM hadn't made a huge mess, WM would not be in the headlines.

Unfair to DM? Did you mean unfair to WM? After all, if DM hadn't made a huge mess, WM would not be in the headlines.

IMO I don't believe we have all the facts as to who actually created this mess. I think it is unfair to DM and his mother to rehash his (WM's) suicide. JMO.

IMO I don't believe we have all the facts as to who actually created this mess. I think it is unfair to DM and his mother to rehash his (WM's) suicide. JMO.

Sympathy for DM?? Seriously? How do you think the Bosma family feel?

Sympathy for DM?? Seriously? How do you think the Bosma family feel?

Yes I am quite serious. I think the Bosma family feel a terrible loss at this time. It's the fact that as yet we have no-one convicted of a crime, that finds me dubious about laying blame at anyones door. We know that we have been told that someone has been found dead and subsequently burned. As awful as this is, I still believe we need more facts to begin casting blame in full on anyone. Thats not to say that the one(s) arrested had no part , just that we do not have the full disclosure of the case...so IMO we are without a few chess pieces.

It's all very sad MOO

Yes I am quite serious. I think the Bosma family feel a terrible loss at this time. It's the fact that as yet we have no-one convicted of a crime, that finds me dubious about laying blame at anyones door. We know that we have been told that someone has been found dead and subsequently burned. As awful as this is, I still believe we need more facts to begin casting blame in full on anyone. Thats not to say that the one(s) arrested had no part , just that we do not have the full disclosure of the case...so IMO we are without a few chess pieces.

It's all very sad MOO

Seems like there's plenty of facts and evidence to arrest DM and MS. We all want justice.

<modsnip>

From personal knowledge, quote me on this...part of it...most of the woodlot, was provincially protected wetland. But it had a Massive building envelope. Yeah, he could build a mansion there.

These posts are referring to provincial regulations regarding development of land that is zoned agricultural. Unless a dwelling already exists on the land (making it agricultural with a dwelling), it can be very difficult to re-zone to allow a residential dwelling to be constructed. Difficult, but not impossible. It all comes down to the viability of the land being used for legitimate, worthwhile agricultural purposes.

Why would you doubt it? He paid cash for his condo that he bought in Toronto.

Paying cash for a property is fairly rare (and no, I'm not talking "suitcase full of money" cash), even for people with lots of money to burn. It's unlikely, but I guess in DM's case, entirely possible based on his purchase of the condo.

Paying cash for a property is fairly rare (and no, I'm not talking "suitcase full of money" cash), even for people with lots of money to burn. It's unlikely, but I guess in DM's case, entirely possible based on his purchase of the condo.

I paid cash for my condominium.

My sister paid cash for her $75k Lexus.

It does happen more than people think.

Good for you. I deal with extremely wealthy people all the time, and they never "pay cash" for their property. Take from that what you will.

Any cash payments over $10,000 apparently get reported to '''authorities'''

People can pay cash, but would risk bringing the heavies to your door if you can't say where money came from. I dont agree with this, but thats how it is. Cheques are referred to as cash quite often, so possibly a cheque has been used where cash has been stated. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smash5070