General Discussion and Theories

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO - I don't think you have done many real estate deals. We bought our place cash - no mortgage!! yay!

I'm not sure why this keeps coming up, and of course you don't know anything about me or who I am, so you can assume what you want.

It is however a known fact that wealthy people don't usually buy their property outright. They lease their cars and mortgage their houses because their money is better invested elsewhere. If you have no interest in using your money to make more, then sure, buying your house or your car outright will work for you. It isn't the smartest thing to do, but I guess it's admirable.

In hindsight, this discussion has revealed something - DM is not the most savvy when it comes to money. Buying that condo in Toronto "in cash" is not something his Dad or Grandfather would likely have done. They would have used that money to invest in their business, or to buy another apartment building like the other one they own. I wonder if he financed the farm, or paid cash for that too? Was that ever mentioned?

laura last call July-2012
dad dies - November 2012
Tim murdered - March 2013

all 4months apart? Does Millard and friends kill every 4 months ?

Just read that article about the yacht charter in Little Current -- one of my first thoughts early on when DM was caught was that it would have been easier for him to dispose of bodies and other things by flying over Lake Huron using VFR (no tower log) and throw out whatever into the lake -- it would take years, if not ever for anything to turn up. DM has access to all manner of aircraft and vehicles that us normal folks don't usually have.

Strangely they don't mention where DM was anchored but there's a lot of remote places in the North Channel where you'd never see a soul. Even with popular well-visited places like the Benjamin Islands it's not unusual to be completely alone. It could very well be that DM was disposing of things in a multitude of ways all over Ontario and elsewhere -- a different method and vehicle for transport every time.

Wonder what the explanation for blood [on the boat] was?

Simplest explanation would be that he cut himself trying to open an access panel to see if it was something simple he could fix. I mean, say you murdered someone on a boat or disposed of a body and it left some blood, and then you had engine trouble -- would you not at least try to clean up the blood? If there was too much to clean up or there was no way you could get all of it the next best thing to do would be to say the blood was yours. The first thing a mechanic will think after hearing that the guy cut himself would be "Been there. Done that. Many times".

Remember too, two people left on the boat at Little Current, two people were on the boat where it broke down and was anchored, and two people came back to Little Current (before one person left and another joined). I can see why someone would be suspicious if only DM came back... but this guy obviously didn't think it was significant until the allegations against DM came out.

Also, he noted that DM didn't seem like the spoiled rich brat type that might be ranting and upset that his boat broke down. Mechanics and technical people I know tend to notice when you can speak their language or know your way around machines and tend to have more respect for you. I can definitely see a mechanic type person who runs a yacht charter business accept that type of explanation for an injury from someone calm and knowledgeable like DM was than from a frat boy type frothing at the mouth threatening to sick his Dad's lawyers on him because his weekend was spoiled.

Simplest explanation would be that he cut himself trying to open an access panel to see if it was something simple he could fix. I mean, say you murdered someone on a boat or disposed of a body and it left some blood, and then you had engine trouble -- would you not at least try to clean up the blood? If there was too much to clean up or there was no way you could get all of it the next best thing to do would be to either injure yourself and say the blood was yours. The first thing a mechanic will think after hearing that the guy cut himself would be "Been there. Done that. Many times".

Remember too, two people left on the boat at Little Current, two people were on the boat where it broke down and was anchored, and two people came back to Little Current (before one person left and another joined). I can see why someone would be suspicious if only DM came back... but this guy obviously didn't think it was significant until the allegations against DM came out.
agreed

Remember too, two people left on the boat at Little Current, two people were on the boat where it broke down and was anchored, and two people came back to Little Current (before one person left and another joined). I can see why someone would be suspicious if only DM came back... but this guy obviously didn't think it was significant until the allegations against DM came out.[/QUOTE]

Quotes from the article--
When Mr. Blodgett came aboard to fix the problem, he noted a quantity of blood around the boat, which he questioned. Receiving a satisfactory answer, Mr. Blodgett fixed the problem and departed back for Little Current. During his visit, the woman was not in sight. Thinking about the encounter now, Mr. Blodgett said it was “troubling.” While tales of the encounter have grown and morphed into tales of a blood soaked boat and a missing woman, the proprietor said this is not the case, nor can he claim that the second woman on the boat did not return with Mr. Millard, as he did not see his client depart from the boat upon its return to Little Current.

Paying cash for a property is fairly rare (and no, I'm not talking "suitcase full of money" cash), even for people with lots of money to burn. It's unlikely, but I guess in DM's case, entirely possible based on his purchase of the condo.

Just clarifying here - by paying cash, do you mean not taking out a loan/mortgage?
EDIT: Just saw your response to someone else about this.

In this case, I have to agree and disagree lol. I know my parents paid for their house in cash, and they're intelligent, so I wouldn't expect them to do that if they could have made more money elsewhere (so I initially thought this might not make sense - but it turns out they did this because the interest rate was quite high at the time they bought, so investments elsewhere might not have made more). I don't think it's necessarily rare for cash transactions to occur, but I do understand that the money could be better invested if the person knows what to do.

I'm not sure why this keeps coming up, and of course you don't know anything about me or who I am, so you can assume what you want.

It is however a known fact that wealthy people don't usually buy their property outright. They lease their cars and mortgage their houses because their money is better invested elsewhere. If you have no interest in using your money to make more, then sure, buying your house or your car outright will work for you. It isn't the smartest thing to do, but I guess it's admirable.

I am just trying to get you to be more respectful of other posters' posts! You are certainly not the expert on real estate dealings or wealthy people, now that is just my opinion. My opinion is based on my life experiences. Just like everyone else who posts here, so lighten up.

In hindsight, this discussion has revealed something - DM is not the most savvy when it comes to money. Buying that condo in Toronto "in cash" is not something his Dad or Grandfather would likely have done. They would have used that money to invest in their business, or to buy another apartment building like the other one they own. I wonder if he financed the farm, or paid cash for that too? Was that ever mentioned?

Do we know whether his dad or grandfather did cash deals or not?

Something that isn't sitting right with me is suspect 3. They don't seem to be concerned that this person is out free. And they have stated that this suspect has not been identified. I find that hard to believe. I wonder if 3 has cut a deal, and has been talking? Or that 3 maybe from a well off family that has kept (influenced) their name out of it because they played a minor roll? I don't know, just thinking out loud, because its just odd.. Moo

I think whoever mentioned Dellen possibly gaining access to a trust fund at age 25 (summer of 2010) might be right. It seems most of the photos and info we've been able to access or read about starts in late 2010 and into 2011- land purchase, property transfer from Dad, trips, yachting adventure, etc. There isn't much information available on Dellen prior to 2011, except for his record setting flight in 1999.

It's almost like his 'life' started at age 25.

I wonder if Dad limited his funds prior to that time and when he was able to access his inheritance, he went on a two year spending spree.

The farm was paid "in cash" that is what started the whole cash conversation.
http://www.therecord.com/sports/article/941160--investigators-return-to-millard-s-roseville-farm
It was continued by the revelation that the latest condo was purchased "in cash"
http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/05/16/...condo-the-day-after-tim-bosmas-disappearance/

The possibilities of the where the money comes from are numerous, I think. the ones that first come to mind are: the company is using it for their own investing purposes and/or as a method to pay down shareholder loans DM may have inherited; or a trust/ inheritance from when CM passed away.

The farm was paid "in cash" that is what started the whole cash conversation.
http://www.therecord.com/sports/article/941160--investigators-return-to-millard-s-roseville-farm
It was continued by the revelation that the latest condo was purchased "in cash"
http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/05/16/...condo-the-day-after-tim-bosmas-disappearance/

The possibilities of the where the money comes from are numerous, I think. the ones that first come to mind are: the company is using it for their own investing purposes and/or as a method to pay down shareholder loans DM may have inherited; or a trust/ inheritance from when CM passed away.

Good point, the money trail would be the easiest to follow and would highlight any money that was not legit(if it went through a bank) which may in turn, shine a light on any illegal activity and thus a motive.

When I think innocently about a boat and blood, I assume fishing. Perhaps that was his explanation? I though the guy in the article was intentionally vague. Weird.

When I think innocently about a boat and blood, I assume fishing. Perhaps that was his explanation? I though the guy in the article was intentionally vague. Weird.

Very vague. I was thinking fishing too but he said blood around the boat not in the boat. I would think unless something was caught and bleed out seconds before the owner showed up to help, then blood would dissipate in the water pretty fast??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo