General discussion thread #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they'd quit saying "4 year old Madeleine". The poor thing was still only 3 when she disappeared, and as much as I hope she is 4 years old today, I doubt it..... But it also just annoys me, she was 3 when she disappeared, not 4. Not sure why that's such a big deal to me, but eh. It's like it's some kind of disrespect towards Madeleine, like the details don't matter or something. Dunno.

Funny you say this. It annoys the heck out of me too!!!! She was 3 :banghead:

"DNA doesn't have the words innocence or guilt in it - that is a legal concept. What it seeks to establish is connections and identifications," he said.

But for the right price he will try to help them establish innocence or at least reasonable doubt?

A business move, there is always money to be made in court proceedings. I am not putting him down, Henry Lee makes a lot of money this way.

So... what do you guys think of Brian from Brian's Prediction opening up a fund drive to gather money to go to investigate things in Portugal. He thinks the McCann's are being set up, from my understanding... so he is going over there to investigate and find Madeliene. No one would come forward to manage the fund, so he is using his own merchant and giving people directions on how to go to his store and send him money for the trip.
My personal opinion: scam... Madeleine's name is being attached to yet another scam. But he is wise in not actually using her name... but it is her that he is using to set the scam up, IMO.

http://www..com/onlocation/index.htm

This guy is the biggest fake and idiot I have ever come across in my years of sleuthing!

Whateva.

Don't forget to pay your $800 yearly membership for the winning lotto numbers, LMAO!

This guy is a fake!

He is a cheat!

He is selfish and doesn't give 2 toots about Maddie or her case.

JMO, FWIW.

Please refer to post #182 in this same thread.

And yes, it is only rumor. No one stated it as fact.

The Westwood group states it as a known fact, but what is their source??

we also found that Madeleine is a kid with a disability (autistic) which could explain her behavior and explain some witness declarations.

How did they 'find' that she had a disability? Is this their opinion or did someone tell them this or give them docs showing or what? Are they just speculating?

I wish they'd quit saying "4 year old Madeleine". The poor thing was still only 3 when she disappeared, and as much as I hope she is 4 years old today, I doubt it..... But it also just annoys me, she was 3 when she disappeared, not 4. Not sure why that's such a big deal to me, but eh. It's like it's some kind of disrespect towards Madeleine, like the details don't matter or something. Dunno.

I feel the same way!

Need help finding a link to any reference to a report or statement, that the resort staff advised the McCanns to refrain from leaving their children alone in the apartment.

CaliKid, have you run across any suggestion of this in the news? I'm not sure, but I thought it was you who wondered about this, or suggested a theory about this, very early on in the case.

Where am I going with this? I want to see if we can get any closer to witness statements, that might be more a more reliable source about this. As I believe CaliKid theorized, it just may be the connection between what some news sources have reported as Kate McCann's cry of, "They've taken her!" ...or something to that effect. The point being suggested here is: The McCann's were warned not to do it, and she breeched their rules.

Thanks in advance

CaliKid, if I have the wrong person, please excuse ;] So hard to keep track.

Need help finding a link to any reference to a report or statement, that the resort staff advised the McCanns to refrain from leaving their children alone in the apartment.

CaliKid, have you run across any suggestion of this in the news? I'm not sure, but I thought it was you who wondered about this, or suggested a theory about this, very early on in the case.

Where am I going with this? I want to see if we can get any closer to witness statements, that might be more a more reliable source about this. As I believe CaliKid theorized, it just may be the connection between what some news sources have reported as Kate McCann's cry of, "They've taken her!" ...or something to that effect. The point being suggested here is: The McCann's were warned not to do it, and she breeched their rules.

Thanks in advance

CaliKid, if I have the wrong person, please excuse ;] So hard to keep track.

Hi BSE,

I was able to find this reference which, unfortunately has a bad link. The quote also mentions Globo.com but that site is also entirely in Portuguese.

http://helpmadeleine.proboards79.co...rence&action=display&thread=1188632132&page=1 post #3

Quote:
Now the night before she went missing, on Wed night, there was a complaint to the Gen Mnger Mr Hill. Gerry went back to the apt to watch and take care of his unhappy and crying children, and in a link Kate said he was not at all happy about that. Mr Hill spoke to Gerry the next day and asked if there was a problem with leaving the children uncared for while they dined. Gerry said no, Mr Hill offered him a walkie talkie which Gerry refused.

oh - keraste, re the offer made by mr Hill: i have been backtracking for the source that said mrs. Batista (ocean club) made an offer of babysitter and it was turned down, here it is:

http://www.infobae.com/contenidos/33...dres-Madeleine (bad link)

"The Technical Services Director of the Ocean Club resort, Silvia Batista, affirmed that the same night on which Madeleine disappeared, she in person offered child-minding services "because the hotel is responsible for its clients' children, but they rejected that". Madeleine was seen for the last time on the 3rd of May when she was sleeping next to her siblings in a rented room in a hotel in Praia da Luz, in the south of Portugal. The parents of the little girl are being questioned for having left her alone in that room in order to go to eat with some friends.

According to the director of the hotel, "every month registries of robberies in the area are kept, and we therefore advise the service of a child-minder", but even knowing this, Maddie's parents did not accept it. Batista confirmed in an interview with the website Globo.com that the hotel has been working from the start with the Police to find the little girl. The director added that the room used by the McCann family was closed the first two months, then was opened for 15 days, but was then closed once again. Also, the director of the resort pointed out that in the area there are "many inquisitive people, but they do not disrupt the routine of the place.

"We did not bear the blame for the disappearance of the little girl, it couldn't be said whose fault it was, but certainly not ours", assured the director and indicated that "the parents of the girl that night were very unconcerned", and there was no reason they should not have requested the service of a child-minder.

So do you think they have turned down TWO offers for babysitting? Despite the burglary warnings and the (alledged) complaints etc?

ETA do you have a link for mr. hill's comments?

Also the report that referenced the "They've taken her" quote comes from:

One source: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/article2948182.ece

"according to Gerry McCann's sister Trish Cameron, "They've taken her! They've taken her!"

I have seen it reported many times that Trish Cameron is the source of that statement.

Hope this helps...I wish I could nail down some better links.

A couple of things make me think there is a whole concept that we have not touched on as yet.

First the phrase supposedly quoted from Kate "They have taken her". (All the previous comments and conotations notwithstanding about how inappropriate etc i.e. leaving the twins etc.)

Secondly the reaction (I read, just where, I can not recall at the moment)
Gerry's reaction "That can't be right".

The inclusion of Murat:facts, suspicions, rumours, reactions etc.

The ever present quandry over the time line, O'Brien etc.

Kate & Gerry's initial reaction seems to me,to be that there was a plan in place to cover the event of the disapearence of Maddie, contrived with one or more others, but something changed or went wrong without them (the McCann's being told.

Maybe something happened that evening to alter the original plan set up during the day of May 3rd.

So I guess what is niggling in my mind is a rather elaborate set of circumstances involving the McCanns , Murat and O'Brien.

Maybe some of you with a more creative, intuitive bent can advance this thought or discard?

Thanks

Incredible, Colomom! You are the best! A human database ;] Our very own library.

Thanks very much for squaring up the edges on this issue; I think it is very important, to go back to some of the first interviews. The interviews with the resort staff, that you quoted above, are key. They help to re-establish the conditions and interaction that occured in the few days prior to May 3. And, they are among the few interviews, that appear to be a direct Q&A between an interviewer and witness, rather than rumor.

Just my beach-chair opinion:
In general (sweeping generality here), I think we are more likely to see evidence of a pattern of behavior (be it neglect, planning, stalking, or plotting - that directly causes about the death/injury), in the handful of days immediately prior to the crime. This interval of time, seems to be where people have their guard down. There are no investigators watching them. No reporters chasing them. And they do weird things...like make concrete weights using plastic containers, in their storage locker (ref: Peterson). ;]

Patio, I totally agree with your take on O'Brien. The reported casual meeting of Obrien and Murat, in the day/days prior to Maddie's "disappearance"...if it is an accurate report...is not good. Let me leave it at that.

Thank you again Colomom.

http://www.francesoir.fr/faits-divers/2007/09/13/maddie-serait-morte-d-une-overdose.html

Translation copied from: http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=13341

I cannot vouch for the French newspaper and I cannot vouch for the translation but:

"The liquid discovered in the trunk of Renault rented by McCann, twenty-five days after the disappearance of their daughter, was analyzed: the results indicate that Maddie would have swallowed “important” an amount of sleeping pills.

The prosecutor general of the Republic of Portugal ensured yesterday: the diaries and the correspondence of McCann were joined to the report/ratio of investigation, a file in ten volumes of more than 1.000 pages.

Yesterday, the investigators seemed convinced that details on what really occurred with the small English one could be consigned there.

(continues)

**UPDATE**

Found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France_Soir (similar to The Sun or the Mirror) might not be the best rep but file it away...

Forgive my ignorant question, but is Robert Murat still an arguido on this case? Is he still being questioned/suspected? Thanks!

Oh man. Timely post, Colomom.

Hey...O'Brien...
This is me, looking at you...

Did you or did you not, have a chat with Kate or Gerry, about how they might finally get some peace and quite for one damn evening? An evening without the resort staff, bitching about their crying kids. Think really hard about that. And then I want to know about your girlfriends daughter, and this bit about vomiting/changing the sheets.

Is it just me, or has anyone else thought that a sheet would be a very convenient way to bundle up a "package", and quickly toss it into the boot of a car, construction site trash bin, etc.

I stated this in another link, but I've always believed that the McCanns had help, at least in disposing of their daughter's body. IMO, Russell O'Brien, the other doctor with anesthesiology training, knows exactly what happened and is complicit in the cover-up.

Forgive my ignorant question, but is Robert Murat still an arguido on this case? Is he still being questioned/suspected? Thanks!

He is still an arguido but it appears that the active investigation has ceased. See my recent post in Portuguese Press regarding him.

http://www.francesoir.fr/faits-divers/2007/09/13/maddie-serait-morte-d-une-overdose.html

Translation copied from: http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=13341

I cannot vouch for the French newspaper and I cannot vouch for the translation but:

"The liquid discovered in the trunk of Renault rented by McCann, twenty-five days after the disappearance of their daughter, was analyzed: the results indicate that Maddie would have swallowed “important” an amount of sleeping pills.

The prosecutor general of the Republic of Portugal ensured yesterday: the diaries and the correspondence of McCann were joined to the report/ratio of investigation, a file in ten volumes of more than 1.000 pages.

Yesterday, the investigators seemed convinced that details on what really occurred with the small English one could be consigned there.

(continues)

**UPDATE**

Found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France_Soir (similar to The Sun or the Mirror) might not be the best rep but file it away...

Thank you for the expedient article. The PL is on the ball! Awesome!!

I stated this in another link, but I've always believed that the McCanns had help, at least in disposing of their daughter's body. IMO, Russell O'Brien, the other doctor with anesthesiology training, knows exactly what happened and is complicit in the cover-up.

Agreed. :clap:

Surely the police do not expect the priest to give them information on a confession, do they?

Does anyone know the age of O' Brien's daughter? And whether someone (besides him or his girlfriend) can account for their daughter being that sick that night?

Does anyone know the age of O' Brien's daughter? And whether someone (besides him or his girlfriend) can account for their daughter being that sick that night?

She is the same age as Madeleine (3 then, 4 now), she is the little dark haired girl boarding the plane holding Maddie's hand and sitting next to her on the shuttle bus.

Never heard exactly where the information came from about her vomiting. It was not reported early on, just came out recently. I believe it was reported to the PJ by Russell O'Brien when he was brought in to confront Robert Murat. Made for a good reason to be away from the table that night...IMHO.

Link: http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/ireland/mhcwgbidcwql/

"On the night Madeleine disappeared, Dr O’Brien left the table at around the time she is believed to have been snatched.
But it is understood he was looking after his young daughter, who was ill and vomiting in her room."

Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YUcVncYr6xc&mode=related&search=
and http://youtube.com/watch?v=v-EZ-bAJ1lc&mode=related&search=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members