General Discussion Thread #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked the (potential) witnesses list for a better understanding what kind of witnesses PT maybe will call to the witness stand.

- Where do they come from (what kind of purview)?
- What could be the point of their testimony?
- How many witnesses per purview?

Hope it helps a little bit, even though I couldn't allocate everything :)

-------------

SAPS South African Police Service……………………....24
(WO Hilton Botha)

Detective Service…………………………………………..........1
(Col. M G Botha)

SAPS Investigative Psychology Section (IPS).........1

LCRC Local Criminal Record Centre……………..………....2

NCRC (?)………………………………………………….............…1

LLCRC PHO (?)…………………………………………............…1

DPCI Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation…….3
HAWKS

Chief Forensic Analyst…………………………………….........1

Forensic Science Laboratory…………………………….......5

Forensic Science Laboratory…………………………….......2
Ballistics Section

Forensic Service Division…………………………………........1
Psychologically motivated crimes
Analysis of Crime Scenes

Local Criminal Record Center…………………………….......3

Netcare 911…………………………………………………...........1

Netcare 911 East Base……………………………………........2

Netcare 911 MIDRAND…………………………………….........1

Mamelodi Thutuzela Medico-legal………………………......1
Health and Social Development
Forensic Pathology Service

Medico-legal Laboratory………………………………….........1
Forensic Medicine

Steve Biko Academic Hospital……………………………......1
Radiological Expert

Dept. of Health……………………………………………............5

Dept. of Pharmacology…………………………………….........1

ERGOTECH (Medical Scientist ?)………………………........1

Silverwoods Country Estate (Staff ?)……………………...4

Silverwoods Country Estate (Residents ?)……………..12

Lowveld Firearm Collectors………………………………........1

South Africa Weather Service……………………………......1

Friends/Relatives OP
Aimee J Pistorius
Heinrich C W (Henke) Pistorius
Arnold Pistorius
Christo Menelaou *
Justin Divaris
Samantha Greyvensteen
Kevin Lerena
Mark Batchelor
Jason Loupis (Manager Tasha restaurant)
Maria L Loupis (wife of Jason Loupis, Tasha restaurant)

Ex-girlfriends OP
Melissa Rom (2009, tweets with Samantha Taylor + Cassidy Taylor-Memmory)
Samantha Taylor
Patricia Ann Taylor (Samantha’s mother)
Erin Joy Stear

Friends/Relatives Reeva
Gina Myers
Kim Myers
Cecil Myers
Desiree J Myers
Darren James Fresco

Ex-boyfriends Reeva
Warren Anthony Lahoud

Unknown (friends/neighbours ?)
Matthew Buirski
Robert M Rein
Carice B Stander (relative of Johan Stander ?) *
Anne-Carine Stander (relative of Johan Stander ?) *
Charl Peter Johnson
Michelle Burger
Jacobus Johannes Stevens
Hendrik George Kinghorn
Sean Patrick Rens
Sakki Buthelezi

[The three persons with a red star (*) actually belong to Silverwoods staff resp. Silverwoods residents]

-------------

Mr Simasiku [National Prosecuting Authority spokesman] says they will not necessarily call all the witnesses identified on the hefty list accompanying the indictment to testify.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/161348107/Oscar-Pistorius-indictment

From Feynman:

Well the WhatsApp servers don't keep the messages at all, so the delay is not about that. See

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/wp/23607796

I agree OP is lying about the pwd. What is this business about WhatsApp messages after the event. I missed that. Do you have a link?

I think that person could have meant before the event:

Affidavit Graham Binge

At around 20:10, on the 13th Feb 2013 Oscar Pistorius and I exchanged various messages on the cell phone based messaging system WhatsApp.

I have posted here numerous times since February, that it is quite common to have witnesses report more shots than were actually fired.

So hopefully, one last time.

A gunshot's sound pulse or wave pattern will reflect off objects. At greater distances when these reflections off other objects reach the listener, they will be far enough apart in time that he/she will be able to differentiate the reflections from the direct gunshot pulse. At close distances, such reflections will be too close in time, and the brain will incorporate them as one pulse (shot.)

At greater distances, the reflections may bounce off other houses etc, and these reflections may be heard as separate gunshots. The reflections are commonly called echoes.

All Pros. needs, as I have said, is a physicist witness to explain this.

And IMO, the key point RE PM charge is the 17-minute gap between the 2 sets of shots. THis, of course does not change regarding echoes heard during either set of shots.

BETWEEN THE TWO SETS OF SHOTS??????

I am confused now. It appears now that they are not referring to two sets of shots. Is that correct?

The prosecution’s charge sheet produced at court on Monday said that when she locked herself in the toilet adjacent to the couple’s bedroom at 3am on February 14, Mr Pistorius had “armed himself with a 9mm pistol” and fired four times through the door.

During a previous hearing, Hilton Botha, the detective originally in charge of the high-profile case, said police had statements from witnesses who heard voices raised in argument between 2am and 3am, then gunshots followed by screams. “We have the statement of a person who said after he heard gunshots, he went to his balcony and saw the light was on. Then he heard a female screaming two to three times, then more gunshots,” Warrant Officer Botha told the court.

ARGUMENT 2-3AM...GUNSHOTS....LIGHT ON....SCREAMS...GUNSHOTS

On the charge sheet released Monday, there was no mention of an argument, and the screams preceded the gunshots."Some of the State witnesses heard a woman scream, followed by moments of silence, then heard gunshots and then more screaming," the prosecution statement read.

NO MENTION OF ARGUMENT... SCREAMS.... SILENCE..... GUNSHOTS.... SCREAMING

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...esses-heard-a-woman-scream-then-gunshots.html

Now there are not two sets of gunshots!

From Feynman:

I think that person could have meant before the event:

No, I did mean after the event. The police, of course, are interested in all calls from that phone which was not introduced as evidence until the BH. There were no calls on the other phones to the medics or security and it looks as though security called Pistorius. Think about it, calls to the medics have to be after the event and the police are interested to know what other calls may have been made. I cannot find the link but as soon as I do I shall post it.

@ FENYNMAN
Whatsapp messages kept for only 7 days unless saved by the user but it appears it may be possible to retrieve these messages.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-04-13/how-to/38510499_1_backup-android-files

“I am sure that most of the WhatsApp users are not aware of the fact that this messaging service takes backup of all the shared stuff every 24 hours and it keeps the backup files intact for last 7 days. Yes, it's true. And there is a way which would let you use those backup files to restore things.”

I should have said messages not calls after the event. Brain not in gear again. It may have been on a blog which would have been more unreliable than the media. I thought there may have been certain actions Pistorius needed carrying out to give him some sort of protection, such as the immediate removal of items from his home, tell people to say nothing, etc, which he would obviously want to keep private. It will all become apparent at the trial because I feel the powers-that-be will find some evidence there.

I haven't seen this before but it is only a blog and in response to an obviously prejudiced blogger. It was the piece about OP making 2 calls, one to a lawyer and one to a friend before calling the medics that interested me.

“Reeva arrived at his home at 6PM Wednesday - the previous evening. Police and neighbors report that they were arguing loudly during the evening. She was in the home with him all evening. Friends of Reeva reported that Oscar was increasingly insecure and possessive toward her. It was starting to annoy her as her career was blossoming. She notified her flatmates that she was going to come home, but then decided to stay with Oscar for the evening. Based upon these facts, it could be speculated that Reeva tried to break up with Oscar, but he begged her to stay and reconsider. She was shot 4 times through the bathroom door - she apparently seeking the bathroom for her safety. The most daming evidence is that after shooting her, he called a lawyer friend and his best friend BEFORE he called emergency services ( ambulance, medical assistance, or police). He also carried Reeva's bullet ridden , bleeding body downstairs before any witnesses arrived. Why? You don't move the body of a person who has been shot - you can cause massive bleeding.”

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mo...-pistorius-charged-with-murder/#ixzz2cbTGfgsv

No, I did mean after the event. The police, of course, are interested in all calls from that phone which was not introduced as evidence until the BH. There were no calls on the other phones to the medics or security and it looks as though security called Pistorius. Think about it, calls to the medics have to be after the event and the police are interested to know what other calls may have been made. I cannot find the link but as soon as I do I shall post it.

@ FENYNMAN
Whatsapp messages kept for only 7 days unless saved by the user but it appears it may be possible to retrieve these messages.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-04-13/how-to/38510499_1_backup-android-files

“I am sure that most of the WhatsApp users are not aware of the fact that this messaging service takes backup of all the shared stuff every 24 hours and it keeps the backup files intact for last 7 days. Yes, it's true. And there is a way which would let you use those backup files to restore things.”

As I understand police was able to retrieve "normal" phone calls but NOT SMS resp. WhatsApp messages. So, after DT surrendered the 5th cell phone PT could check whether OP called Stander and Netcare as Roux said.

But I have an idea for a WhatsApp message that OP could have sent after the shooting from this cell phone:

Remember: OP's father and sister were among the first relatives OP contacted after the shooting.

And OP's father Henke is at the witness list. Definitely not to testify about the ammunition because than he would be a DT witness :).

it's possible he contacted them per WhatsApp message and this could be the reason why Henke is a (potential) PT witness.

I checked the (potential) witnesses list for a better understanding what kind of witnesses PT maybe will call to the witness stand.

- Where do they come from (what kind of purview)?
- What could be the point of their testimony?
- How many witnesses per purview?

Hope it helps a little bit, even though I couldn't allocate everything :)

-------------

SAPS South African Police Service……………………....24
(WO Hilton Botha)

Detective Service…………………………………………..........1
(Col. M G Botha)

SAPS Investigative Psychology Section (IPS).........1

LCRC Local Criminal Record Centre……………..………....2

NCRC (?)………………………………………………….............…1

LLCRC PHO (?)…………………………………………............…1

DPCI Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation…….3
HAWKS

Chief Forensic Analyst…………………………………….........1

Forensic Science Laboratory…………………………….......5

Forensic Science Laboratory…………………………….......2
Ballistics Section

Forensic Service Division…………………………………........1
Psychologically motivated crimes
Analysis of Crime Scenes

Local Criminal Record Center…………………………….......3

Netcare 911…………………………………………………...........1

Netcare 911 East Base……………………………………........2

Netcare 911 MIDRAND…………………………………….........1

Mamelodi Thutuzela Medico-legal………………………......1
Health and Social Development
Forensic Pathology Service

Medico-legal Laboratory………………………………….........1
Forensic Medicine

Steve Biko Academic Hospital……………………………......1
Radiological Expert

Dept. of Health……………………………………………............5

Dept. of Pharmacology…………………………………….........1

ERGOTECH (Medical Scientist ?)………………………........1

Silverwoods Country Estate (Staff ?)……………………...4

Silverwoods Country Estate (Residents ?)……………..12

Lowveld Firearm Collectors………………………………........1

South Africa Weather Service……………………………......1

Friends/Relatives OP
Aimee J Pistorius
Heinrich C W (Henke) Pistorius
Arnold Pistorius
Christo Menelaou *
Justin Divaris
Samantha Greyvensteen
Kevin Lerena
Mark Batchelor
Jason Loupis (Manager Tasha restaurant)
Maria L Loupis (wife of Jason Loupis, Tasha restaurant)

Ex-girlfriends OP
Melissa Rom (2009, tweets with Samantha Taylor + Cassidy Taylor-Memmory)
Samantha Taylor
Patricia Ann Taylor (Samantha’s mother)
Erin Joy Stear

Friends/Relatives Reeva
Gina Myers
Kim Myers
Cecil Myers
Desiree J Myers
Darren James Fresco

Ex-boyfriends Reeva
Warren Anthony Lahoud

Unknown (friends/neighbours ?)
Matthew Buirski
Robert M Rein
Carice B Stander (relative of Johan Stander ?) *
Anne-Carine Stander (relative of Johan Stander ?) *
Charl Peter Johnson
Michelle Burger
Hendrik George Kinghorn
Sakki Buthelezi
Jacobus Johannes Stevens
Sean Patrick Rens

[The three persons with a red star (*) actually belong to Silverwoods staff resp. Silverwoods residents]
-------------
Mr Simasiku [National Prosecuting Authority spokesman] says they will not necessarily call all the witnesses identified on the hefty list accompanying the indictment to testify. .

More details that could be added to this list if wanted.
Jacobus Johannes Stevens FIREARM COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT AND TRAINING CERNTRE http://www.sasseta.org.za/template/providerDetails.asp?id=159

Sean Patrick Rens - Hotshot, Approved Assessor http://www.sasseta.org.za/template/providerDetails.asp?id=1234

I haven't seen this before but it is only a blog and in response to an obviously prejudiced blogger. It was the piece about OP making 2 calls, one to a lawyer and one to a friend before calling the medics that interested me.

“Reeva arrived at his home at 6PM Wednesday - the previous evening. Police and neighbors report that they were arguing loudly during the evening. She was in the home with him all evening. Friends of Reeva reported that Oscar was increasingly insecure and possessive toward her. It was starting to annoy her as her career was blossoming. She notified her flatmates that she was going to come home, but then decided to stay with Oscar for the evening. Based upon these facts, it could be speculated that Reeva tried to break up with Oscar, but he begged her to stay and reconsider. She was shot 4 times through the bathroom door - she apparently seeking the bathroom for her safety. The most daming evidence is that after shooting her, he called a lawyer friend and his best friend BEFORE he called emergency services ( ambulance, medical assistance, or police). He also carried Reeva's bullet ridden , bleeding body downstairs before any witnesses arrived. Why? You don't move the body of a person who has been shot - you can cause massive bleeding.”

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mo...-pistorius-charged-with-murder/#ixzz2cbTGfgsv

BIB - sorry, but this blogger is wrong.

The (first) friend OP called after the shooting was Justin Divaris.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...et-bat-found-at-Paralympic-athletes-home.html

- OP called Divaris at 3.55 a.m.

- Ambulance, medical assistance and first police officers arrived at 3.42 a.m. (according to video estate)

- Justin Divaris and girlfriend Samantha Greyvensteen arrived at the scene at approx. 4.30 a.m. and both are at the witness list, too.

It was the piece about OP making 2 calls, one to a lawyer and one to a friend before calling the medics that interested me.

"He also carried Reeva's bullet ridden , bleeding body downstairs before any witnesses arrived. Why? You don't move the body of a person who has been shot - you can cause massive bleeding.”

I have read in several places that Oscar called for help and was told it would be quicker if he took her to the hospital. Although that really sounds absurd, it seems that could be verified with a recording of his emergency call.

"Reeva was slumped over but alive," he said. Pistorius said he called for help and was told to take her to the hospital himself. He carried her downstairs and tried to help but, but she died.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/19/world/africa/south-africa-pistorius-case

Some "tidbits" as reminder :D

"Tidbit" 1

As we know: OP killed Reeva because he heard a "noise" from another area of his house and believed that someone - an intruder/intruders - had entered his house. It filled him so heavily "with horror and fear" that he grabbed his pistol and fired FOUR shots at the toilet door.

It seems on two other, very similar occasions he had his finger not so fast on the button - despite same panic feelings :whistle:

First occasion

Dexter, the son of Mike Azzie (OP’s racing horse trainer) was at OP’s house two weeks before Christmas and recalled how he knocked over a fan and OP became panic-stricken.

OP immediately grabbed his gun for protection before shouting to check if Dexter was OK.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-suicidal-reveals-best-1753776

Why he (OP) fired at Dexter not as fast as at Reeva? Because he CHECKED OUT THIS NOISE FIRST !

-----------

Second occasion

Three months before he killed Reeva, OP tweeted:

“Nothing like getting home to hear the washing machine on and thinking its an intruder to go into full combat recon mode into the pantry!”

Why didn't he blast the washing machine to shreds? Because he CHECKED OUT THIS NOISE FIRST !

-----------

Two other "tidbits" will follow as soon as possible..... ;)

Some "tidbits" as reminder :D

"Tidbit" 1

As we know: OP killed Reeva because he heard a "noise" from another area of his house and believed that someone - an intruder/intruders - had entered his house. It filled him so heavily "with horror and fear" that he grabbed his pistol and fired FOUR shots at the toilet door.

It seems on two other, very similar occasions he had his finger not so fast on the button - despite same panic feelings :whistle:

First occasion

Dexter, the son of Mike Azzie (OP’s racing horse trainer) was at OP’s house two weeks before Christmas and recalled how he knocked over a fan and OP became panic-stricken.

OP immediately grabbed his gun for protection before shouting to check if Dexter was OK.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-suicidal-reveals-best-1753776

Why he (OP) fired at Dexter not as fast as at Reeva? Because he CHECKED OUT THIS NOISE FIRST !

-----------

Second occasion

Three months before he killed Reeva, OP tweeted:

Why didn't he blast the washing machine to shreds? Because he CHECKED OUT THIS NOISE FIRST !

-----------

Two other "tidbits" will follow as soon as possible..... ;)

Pisto_lius, another excellent post from you! :rockon:

Dexter should be a witness for the State for this statement alone, "OP immediately grabbed his gun for protection before shouting to check if Dexter was OK."

Why wouldn't he check to see if Reeva was OK?

:rolleyes:

"Tidbit" 2
(once more: phone calls Stander / Netcare)

10.39 a.m. - Roux said that Botha had not asked to look at another of Pistorius’s phones – the one which the defendant did use to call for medical help. “That call was made at 3.20am,” Roux said.

A security guard whom Pistorius also phoned [A/N 0 Stander at 3.19 a.m.] heard the defendant continue to cry after he failed to put the phone down properly, the defence lawyer said.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/blog/2013/feb/20/oscar-pistorius-bail-hearing-day-two-live-coverage

So, how could OP only ONE minute later call Netcare, if Stander heard him continue to cry because OP failed to put the phone down properly after the Stander call ended ?

"Tidbit" 3
(offshore-accounts)

8.25 a.m. - Botha says Pistorius made no mention of offshore accounts in his affidavit yesterday.

12.05 p.m. - Roux: There is however an account that he forgot about in Brunswick, Carolina. A dormant account set up in 2002.

That account is not the account of applicant and he can't draw money from it.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/blog/2013/feb/20/oscar-pistorius-bail-hearing-day-two-live-coverage

Doesn't matter whether OP can't draw money from this account. This wasn't "only" another lie by him but conviction of perjury !

And that's not the first perjury - remember his property in Johannesburg which he also "forgot" to mention in his affidavit. Until now he only will be required to pay more taxes.

I hope PT can and will use these two perjuries for their case....

It seems OP has very bad powers of recollection - and this in his youth ! He forgets passwords, properties, offshore-accounts AND Reeva, his great love :tears:

Things can't get any worse - but let us be surprised....

Some interesting links:

FORENSIC/THERAPEUTIC PROFILING
"UNDERSTANDING HUMAN BEHAVIOR" On a FORENSIC level, Handwriting Analysis is used for, Assisting Criminologists & Law Enforcement agents in behavioral profiling involving crimes of violence.

Excerpt:

I also find it very curious that he had all the emotion in the incident portion of his narrative which is out of place, and very little emotion in the post incident portion of his statement where true emotions should be placed. His changes in language, out of order statements, misplaced emotions, present tense language just to name a few red flags within Mr. Pistorius statement would indicate he has a credibility problem.
http://www.ingenio.com/CommunitySer...ar-Pistorius-full-court-statement/653799.aspx

HANDWRITING ANALYSIS:

Excerpt:

Impulsive aggression can be an unpleasant trait whether it is through a deliberate or mistaken action, and the consequences speak for themselves.

http://www.analysishandwriting.com/Oscar_Pistorius.php

People from South Africa that Oscar Pistorius replied to

http://twtrland.com/profile/OscarPistorius/replies_sent?location_country=South+Africa

Oscar Pistorius Shooting: Olympian Could Have Prosthetic Legs Removed & Be Bound To Wheelchair In Pretoria's Central Prison

The prison authorities will have to make very difficult decisions - where they are going to put him and how they are going to house him
If he's found guilty for the crime, they will have to remove his limbs, Douglas Bader escaped from Colditz on metal legs and I doubt he could run the way Pistorius can. Personally I doubt he'll be found guilty, money seems to speak louder than anything in the courts these days and little credence is given to evidence. I do wonder if he'll ever compete again though, no matter what the outcome.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...chair-pretorias-central-prison_n_2725963.html

Yet a further one - think this will be the last for today :D

"Tidbit" 4
(Reeva allegedly was "so in love" with OP that she intended to marry him :rolleyes:)

Reeva gave an interview seven days before her death in which she said she "respects and admires" OP.

But she also feared that negative publicity could harm OP's career as a sprinter.

They haven’t been talking to the media because Reeva didn’t want to get it tainted. She didn't want anything coming in the way of his career. And she added: “You know what they do, they make things up, "Reeva cheats on Oscar" and rubbish like that. I wouldn’t want lies about us jeopardising it

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/l...-oscar-pistorius/story-fndir2ev-1226583316933

iol made it even clearer what really mattered to her:

And news24 nailed it, too:

And what about HER career ???

it sounds like it was OP who didn't wanted to make their relationship public - his father and uncle didn't know of Reeva - and it seems it was HE for whom HIS carrer was more important than their relationship.

In addition, Reeva's comments give the impression that she admittedly admired "the athlete OP" but concomitant she talked about jealousy if OP would think she cheats on him.

And what about HIS innumerable amours ???

Can you feel the love? Not me - I miss it utterly !

Yet a further one - think this will be the last for today :D

"Tidbit" 4
(Reeva allegedly was "so in love" with OP that she intended to marry him :rolleyes:)

Reeva gave an interview seven days before her death in which she said she "respects and admires" OP.

But she also feared that negative publicity could harm OP's career as a sprinter.

They haven’t been talking to the media because Reeva didn’t want to get it tainted. She didn't want anything coming in the way of his career. And she added: “You know what they do, they make things up, "Reeva cheats on Oscar" and rubbish like that. I wouldn’t want lies about us jeopardising it

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/l...-oscar-pistorius/story-fndir2ev-1226583316933

iol made it even clearer what really mattered to her:

And news24 nailed it, too:

And what about HER career ???

it sounds like it was OP who didn't wanted to make their relationship public - his father and uncle didn't know of Reeva - and it seems it was HE for whom HIS career was more important than their relationship.

In addition, Reeva's comments give the impression that she admittedly admired "the athlete OP" but concomitant she talked about jealousy if OP would think she cheats on him.

And what about HIS innumerable amours ???

Can you feel the love? Not me - I miss it utterly !

It has appeared that the MSM and magazines were hoping that OP and Reeva would be SA's Golden Celebrity couple. But I don't think that Reeva was cheating on OP rather that she knew he was possibly cheating on her. I think Reeva wanted a committed relationship with OP or nothing.

Sources close to both have been rumoring about Erin meeting Oscar while he was dating Reeva, they allegedly continued to see each other behind Steenkamp’s back and eventually began an affair.

“Erin met Oscar when Reeva was his girlfriend. They hit it off and met up again after messaging each other. She was really excited about getting to know him.

“They saw each other a few times in the weeks before the shooting but Erin’s been in a state since Reeva was killed. She can’t believe Oscar could ever deliberately kill anyone.

“Erin knew word was out about their relationship and has been expecting police to knock on her door for weeks.”

Although Erin denied having an affair with Pistorious her testimony will be used in the investigation, Stear is not the only girl investigators are questioning about their relationship with the Blade Runner, it has been said he used 4 different cell phones to communicate with these girls.
http://fabwags.com/erin-stear-the-blade-runner-oscar-pistorius-affair/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member