General Discussion Thread No. 16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Granny McCann, the Pub owner, sounds as if she's been dipping into the stock. Is this woman for real? Never in my life have I heard of a mother dressing her surviving child in the clothes of a recently deceased child. It is bizarre and grotesque. Even the sweaty, sandy beach sandals?

These McCanns all appear to be practiced liars.

Granny McCann, the Pub owner, sounds as if she's been dipping into the stock. Is this woman for real? Never in my life have I heard of a mother dressing her surviving child in the clothes of a recently deceased child. It is bizarre and grotesque. Even the sweaty, sandy beach sandals?

ITA, I couldn't bear to look at my other child in the clothes of one that is missing! haven't seen the articles on the Granny, do you have a link? TIA!

I thought it sounded bizarre, too, for a two year old and four year old to wear the same size at the same time, would mean Madeleine was an awfully tiny four year old. Amelie doesn't look all that big in the photos, either.

From The Times Online:

Madeleine’s parents are preparing a fresh legal bid to have their status as formal suspects in the disappearance of their daughter lifted and hope to clear their names before Christmas. Kate and Gerry McCann — who were made arguidos, or official suspects, in the case nearly four weeks ago — have instructed their lawyers to “explore every avenue” to have the status lifted, a friend said yesterday.

From The Times Online:

Madeleine’s parents are preparing a fresh legal bid to have their status as formal suspects in the disappearance of their daughter lifted and hope to clear their names before Christmas. Kate and Gerry McCann — who were made arguidos, or official suspects, in the case nearly four weeks ago — have instructed their lawyers to “explore every avenue” to have the status lifted, a friend said yesterday.

They may be successful in having the status lifted, but as long as Madeline is missing, I don't think they will have the stigma lifted.

By gum if they did this & are ever exposed they will go down in history as the most callous criminals ever! Move over Bonnie & Clyde, it's Gerry & Kate time!

I have thought from the start these two had something to do with this from the "they've taken her" comment and now I'm just completely horrified by them having Amelie wear Maddie's clothes. It's as if, we'll she's gone, here honey you have some new clothes. What is wrong with these people? And even if they had absolutely nothing to do with her disappearance (which I doubt) then they should not be parents based on their obvious lack of good judgement....my God.

As far as Granny....am I missing something or is her statement IF she was taken by someone she didn't know..... a little odd? IF? As opposed to being taken by someone she did know and being quiet?

I agree with Barnaby - they will go down in history as the most callous criminals ever.....just completely unbelievable.....I'm just shaking my head for lack of anything else to say here......

Salem, You are right, This is regurgitated from at least September 12
[FONT=&quot]http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/granny-says-police-are-clawing-at-straws-1076814.html[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Granny says the exact same thing[/FONT]
"The thing is that little Amelie is wearing Madeleine's sandals and she is in and out of the car. Cuddly toys are in it. Madeleine's toys are in it. Madeleine's tops are in it that Amelie is wearing. It's nonsense," she said.

Does anyone else find it strange that Amelie is wearing Maddie's sandals and clothes?

PharmSleuth - thank you for finding the link. I get impatient sometimes when I have to go back through all the old stuff, athough it is helpful to refresh my mind some times.

I think it is odd that Amelie is wearing Maddie's things. It bothers me. I know some people are very thrifty and not so sentimental. But according to the McCanns, Maddie is just missing, and God willing, could be found any day now and returned home. How can they be passing her clothes on already?:( If Amelie and Maddie wore the same clothes before Maddie went missing, I guess it wouldn't be so bad, but then I would also say Maddie must have been a very small four year old.

My grandson is now four and I still have some clothes around from when he was two and no way could he wear them now.

Salem

By gum if they did this & are ever exposed they will go down in history as the most callous criminals ever! Move over Bonnie & Clyde, it's Gerry & Kate time!

It is unthinkable that they could carry on this charade for so long. It fact it has been so long, I am headed back to the fence. My thought is, if they had anything to do with Maddie's disappearance, and it was accidental, then they must have loved the child. If they loved the child, I can not see them continuing in this manner. They would have to break and confess. They would have to stop this madness.

So, that leads me to:

1. they didn't love Maddie?
2. only one of them loved Maddie and the other is controlling the situation?
3. they don't know what happened?

Maybe it is time to discuss Russel O'Brien and his absence from the table or even the Oldfield guy - who, at first report, went in the room and and second report, only listened at the doorway??????

Salem

It is unthinkable that they could carry on this charade for so long. It fact it has been so long, I am headed back to the fence. My thought is, if they had anything to do with Maddie's disappearance, and it was accidental, then they must have loved the child. If they loved the child, I can not see them continuing in this manner. They would have to break and confess. They would have to stop this madness.

So, that leads me to:

1. they didn't love Maddie?
2. only one of them loved Maddie and the other is controlling the situation?
3. they don't know what happened?

Maybe it is time to discuss Russel O'Brien and his absence from the table or even the Oldfield guy - who, at first report, went in the room and and second report, only listened at the doorway??????

Salem
I don't think they loved Madeleine if they did they would not be doing the things they are doing. The thought of losing my beloved daughter would drive me over the edge & no way could I continue as the Mccanns have done. No way would anyone else ever wear her clothes no matter how hard up I was! I would take clothes from charity first!
I am all for questioning all of the tapas 9 again & cannot understand why it has not been done already. They know more than has been revealed already, of that I am sure!

Well, what if there is a witness who saw M tumble on the stairs and whack her head earlier, witnessed her cry, and her mommy/daddy tend to her. What if the McCs put her to bed with the Brit version of Tylenol, then came back later to find that she had died as a result of the head injury? A head injury they chose to ignore, in favor of dining out with friends, leaving her to die? What if she had a massive concussion?

I wonder where this story came from? Is it possible someone witnessed what appeared to be a typical fall on the stairs, and did not report it, as it seemed the parents had her under control. If I aw a chid fall on stairs, and the paretns tended to her, even if I heard she went missing later, I don't think I would link the two events.

hmmm.....imho

This theory makes a lot of sense to me. It's very possible.

Thanks everyone for your answers.

OK. So, could be done, but, they'd have to have a mountain of evidence, and right now, I'm not believing they do or the McCann's would be in custody as others have been saying. WHERE IS SHE???

I don't know, but I do recall a very smug Gerry McCann challenging the PJ, when they accused them of killing Maddie, to "prove it". I think she's so well hidden, it will take a miracle to locate her.

By gum if they did this & are ever exposed they will go down in history as the most callous criminals ever!
Still on the fence here, but I must admit this is the most profound statement on this forum. Well said Barnaby.

My grandson is now four and I still have some clothes around from when he was two and no way could he wear them now.Salem
I do think it a bit odd if one of the twins is wearing Maddie's clothes, and that is not something that has previously been done. We have not way of knowing that.

However, I have a 5 year old and there are still some items that she wore at 2 that she can still wear. As a matter of fact, she had a pair of 2T shorts on the other day. Sizings can be odd, but for the MOST part her older clothes are too small.

From the Associated Press:

Portuguese official chides British police over Madeleine McCann investigation
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/10/02/europe/EU-GEN-Portugal-Missing-Girl.php

Goncalo Amaral, a detective who is overseeing the investigation into the child's May 3 disappearance during a vacation in Portugal, claimed in comments published Tuesday that British police have been pursuing leads that were "created and cultivated" by the parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, to shift suspicion away from them.

"The British police have been working solely on what the McCanns want and what suits them," Amaral was quoted as saying by daily paper Diario de Noticias.

I think I agree with this detective. Look how many "stories" were put out over the weekend by the McCann family/team.

Tossing out red herrings is a defensive trick to obscure the truth.

From the Associated Press:

Portuguese official chides British police over Madeleine McCann investigation
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/10/02/europe/EU-GEN-Portugal-Missing-Girl.php

I think I agree with this detective. Look how many "stories" were put out over the weekend by the McCann family/team.

Tossing out red herrings is a defensive trick to obscure the truth.

A little background on Goncalo Amaral

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=461111&in_page_id=1770

The detective leading the hunt for Madeleine McCann has sensationally been charged over his conduct in another missing child case.
Goncalo Amaral, head of the regional Judicial Police, is one of five officers accused over the beating-up of a suspect during questioning.

I am of the mind that the parents are somehow involved...

But the comment from the grandmother didn't strike as TOO weird .. she never says Maddie's current clothes ... just Maddie's sandals and clothes. The COULD have been hand me downs... That wouldn't be unusual at all .. and Grandma is just trying to fit the pieces together or try to get her head around why Maddie's "prescence" would be in the rental car..

I do think the first suspicion of the parents was (like most) the "They took her" statement... I think my first response would have been "Maddie's gone".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme