General Discussion Thread No. 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to believe that, but if the McCanns don't speak out with the truth, these sad speculations will go on forever.

"Gone Baby Gone" is being released soon. I wonder why anyone put out there that itwould not be. Bother, sigh, have to go back and research some more :banghead:

I believe that is what the latest leaks want us to believe or at least a similar version. :sick:

Everytime I hear about IVF babies and paternity questionability, it brings to mind the various scandals that have come up where IVF drs have secretly altered things. Dr. Cecil Jacobson is thought to have fathered a lot of IVF babies by secretly using his own sperm. :(

Overall, I think this case is losing a lot of credibility on all levels, because the "leaks" are coming too often and they always seem to be of tabloid fodder... and the McCann's actions are highly questionable. Overall, poor little Madeleine is being failed in a huge way... where ever she is, I hope she is at peace.

Was just reading that parishioners noticed & talked about a strange odour at the church after 3 May. Inside the church, that is. The press teases are suggesting that the lab results are in, transferred to the PJ who are waiting for the accompanying detailed analyses. Supposedly, they are more damning to the McCanns. I'll wait for the actual result statement. 24 Horas and other newspapers have been consistently misleading & self-contradictory. If the papers are to be believed at all, it is evidence in the hire car primarily that is incriminating.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view...-DIG-FOR-BODY/

MADDIE: NEW DIG FOR BODY

13th October 2007
By Jerry Lawton

THE body of missing Madeleine McCann could lie by the church where her parents prayed for her safe return.

Investigators were last night planning to dig outside Our Lady of Light chapel in Praia da Luz.
They spent part of yesterday examining a grassy knoll on the hillside site that was the resort’s cemetery before a new one was opened nearby.

Portugal’s deputy police chief, Paulo Rebelo, now heading the inquiry, will make the final
decision on whether to order the excavation.

The tiny church is where four-year-old Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry, sought comfort in the days after she vanished from their nearby holiday apartment on May 3.

The Catholic couple met priest Jose Pacheco the next day. He handed them the keys to the chapel so they could visit round the clock.

According to relatives, heart surgeon Gerry, 39, wept and prayed there in the early hours as he and Kate, also 39, launched a worldwide campaign to trace Maddie.

The church became a focus of inquiry after Brit police sniffer dogs, trained to detect death and blood, were drafted in three months ago.

Portuguese newspapers have claimed they reacted in the McCanns’ apartment at the Ocean Club, then followed a trail to the old cemetery.

After the McCanns were named official suspects, Father Pacheco was said to have been criticised by his bishop for giving them the church keys.

The clergyman has agreed to let police search.

Results of further tests on crime scene samples are expected to be delivered next week by forensic experts in Birmingham. The McCanns might then be recalled from their home in Rothley, Leicestershire, for further questioning by police in Portugal.

They deny any involvement in their daughter’s disappearance and claim detectives are simply
desperate to close a case they have bungled.

Last night, Brit expat Robert Murat, the first person to be declared an official suspect over Maddie’s disappearance, pleaded with Portuguese police to finally clear his name.

Murat, 33 – who lives with his mother less than 100 metres from where she went missing – has been under police restrictions for five months including a ban on giving interviews.
But the property consultant defied the order to break his silence and reveal: “It’s five months, my savings have gone, It is very, very difficult.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view...-DIG-FOR-BODY/

MADDIE: NEW DIG FOR BODY

13th October 2007
By Jerry Lawton

THE body of missing Madeleine McCann could lie by the church where her parents prayed for her safe return.

Investigators were last night planning to dig outside Our Lady of Light chapel in Praia da Luz.
They spent part of yesterday examining a grassy knoll on the hillside site that was the resort’s cemetery before a new one was opened nearby.

Portugal’s deputy police chief, Paulo Rebelo, now heading the inquiry, will make the final
decision on whether to order the excavation.

The tiny church is where four-year-old Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry, sought comfort in the days after she vanished from their nearby holiday apartment on May 3....snip

____

OMG, the resort has it's OWN cemetery?? Just how many people die there to warrant an old and new cemetery??? Just too weird.

OMG, the resort has it's OWN cemetery?? Just how many people die there to warrant an old and new cemetery??? Just too weird.

I think that's another translation issue, it means the town overall, not the Mark Warner resort.

It does bring to mind a large population of elderly expatriates, though, doesn't it? At the very least?

But I really think in this case it means the whole Praia Da Luz resort village.

Was just reading that parishioners noticed & talked about a strange odour at the church after 3 May. Inside the church, that is. The press teases are suggesting that the lab results are in, transferred to the PJ who are waiting for the accompanying detailed analyses. Supposedly, they are more damning to the McCanns. I'll wait for the actual result statement. 24 Horas and other newspapers have been consistently misleading & self-contradictory. If the papers are to be believed at all, it is evidence in the hire car primarily that is incriminating.

That is a horrifying thought.

Was just reading that parishioners noticed & talked about a strange odour at the church after 3 May. Inside the church, that is. .

Could you post a link to where you read that Tuba please, I would be interested to read it. TIA!

"Gone Baby Gone" is being released soon. I wonder why anyone put out there that itwould not be. Bother, sigh, have to go back and research some more :banghead:

Ben Afflex was on MSNBC's Chris Matthew show. He's very bright and said they had delayed the film release because of the McCann case but now they are releasing it. He said the child in the movie does look a little like Maddy.
The movie is based on Lehaine's book of the same name and has many twists and turns like Mystic River. Chris didn't want to say how it ends. Should be interesting.

I don't want to believe that, but if the McCanns don't speak out with the truth, these sad speculations will go on forever.

They have spoken out to say that it's untrue. Gerry is Madeleine's father according to them. So are you saying you hadn't read that or you don't believe them?

Ben Afflex was on MSNBC's Chris Matthew show. He's very bright and said they had delayed the film release because of the McCann case but now they are releasing it. He said the child in the movie does look a little like Maddy.
The movie is based on Lehaine's book of the same name and has many twists and turns like Mystic River. Chris didn't want to say how it ends. Should be interesting.

I don't know if it's still true, but I heard they wouldn't be releasing it in the UK. However, I've seen ads here in the US, and it's due to come out in a couple weeks.

Off Topic:

Hey everybody,

No, I did not fall off the face of earth, though it does feel that way.

I am visiting family in San Francisco and my Mom has the world's worst internet access. The only time I can get a connection is at 5AM!

So, I am posting real quick to let you all know I am alive and trying to read when I can. Posting (other than the Portuguese Press) could be a nightmare, so no promises.

I will be back at the CCC on Thursday!

Justice for Madeleine!

Off Topic:

Hey everybody,

I am visiting family in San Francisco and my Mom has the world's worst internet access. The only time I can get a connection is at 5AM!

So, I am posting real quick to let you all know I am alive and trying to read when I can. Posting (other than thre Portuguese Press) could be a nightmare, so no promises.

Justice for Madeleine!
Hi Colomom, nice to hear from you, cant wait for you to get back, we need your expertise sleuthing skills.

Off Topic:

Hey everybody,

So, I am posting real quick to let you all know I am alive and trying to read when I can. Posting (other than the Portuguese Press) could be a nightmare, so no promises.

Justice for Madeleine!

Was wondering where you got to! Enjoy you're time away! We miss ya though. :)

Off Topic:

Hey everybody,

Justice for Madeleine!

Hope you are enjoying a wonderful time with family!
Look forward to hearing from you when you get back! :)

Yes miss you Colomom, have a great time, you deserve it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste