General Discussion Thread No. 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you post a link to where you read that Tuba please, I would be interested to read it. TIA!
That item was in a European newspaper in the commentary. There were no additional details and the word used was "strange", not foul or bad. I don't put great store by remarks like that but passed it on because it reveals public opinion there. The odour could be imagined or could be from who knows what source but people like to think they were the first to suspect. I don't remember the newspaper, sorry.

A journalist, Antonio Toscano of El Mundo the Spanish newspaper, claims to "know" a suspect in the case. He says the man is an ex-con who provides information for a pedophile ring based in Seville. Toscano is of the opinion or has knowledge that the abduction was planned 4 mos. in advance in the UK. He also says there were conversations about it in a bar in Seville where these people interconnect, the pedophiles, i.e. He has shared this information w. the PJ and went to the Algarve to work on the
case. Other than Toscano's assertions, I've read nothing (more) about this. Has anyone else? Murat did have child *advertiser censored* on his p.c. and was from Exeter in England. I wonder if he could have provided names and places to pedophiles, either deliberately or carelessly. His use of the computer could have been cracked by pedophiles too, of course.

A journalist, Antonio Toscano of El Mundo the Spanish newspaper, claims to "know" a suspect in the case. He says the man is an ex-con who provides information for a pedophile ring based in Seville. Toscano is of the opinion or has knowledge that the abduction was planned 4 mos. in advance in the UK. He also says there were conversations about it in a bar in Seville where these people interconnect, the pedophiles, i.e. He has shared this information w. the PJ and went to the Algarve to work on the
case. Other than Toscano's assertions, I've read nothing (more) about this. Has anyone else? Murat did have child *advertiser censored* on his p.c. and was from Exeter in England. I wonder if he could have provided names and places to pedophiles, either deliberately or carelessly. His use of the computer could have been cracked by pedophiles too, of course.

I read about this Toscano before. How could these people have had this information that madeleine was going to be in PDL 4 months in advance without direct contact with the family?

Both Murat & one of the doctors in the travel party were from Exeter and it was not the McCanns but Oldfield who initiated this whole holiday.

Amazing find, that, Barnaby! The Daily Mirror story on the sz. 5 or 6 footprint with visible blood on it, yet isolated in the apartment & facing the bedroom. And no signs of effort to clean up the floor. I suppose someone could have stepped on a somewhat bloody item & continued walking. We don't know whose blood this is, either. But we do have blood on a sill, blood spray on a wall. All in 5A. The spray on the wall is definitely NOT Madeleine's but belonged to a man. Maybe the rest does too. But it is puzzling to find it there. I believe it was found after the apt. had been let to others and then reinvestigated.

Toscano has always asserted that a mysterious pedophile known as "The Frenchman" is responsible for taking Madeleine. Despite his claims that he has proof, the Portuguese police, once they checked him out, haven't taken him seriously.

Both Murat & one of the doctors in the travel party were from Exeter and it was not the McCanns but Oldfield who initiated this whole holiday.
Certainly interesting. I always wondered could Madeleine have been "sold"

Amazing find, that, Barnaby! The Daily Mirror story on the sz. 5 or 6 footprint with visible blood on it, yet isolated in the apartment & facing the bedroom. And no signs of effort to clean up the floor. I suppose someone could have stepped on a somewhat bloody item & continued walking. We don't know whose blood this is, either. But we do have blood on a sill, blood spray on a wall. All in 5A. The spray on the wall is definitely NOT Madeleine's but belonged to a man. Maybe the rest does too. But it is puzzling to find it there. I believe it was found after the apt. had been let to others and then reinvestigated.
There is chat on the mirror boards that Kate has now remembered seeing the footprint of the abductor on the bed. I cannot find a link to verify but think if she has really said this it is way too far fetched that she is only remembering something so incredibly important at this late stage!

If there was such a footprint, on the bedspread or other bedding, the police should have all of those in their possession. There could easily be made a comparison. I wonder if Kate's impression was that an abductor had stood on the bed to go out the window?

If there was such a footprint, on the bedspread or other bedding, the police should have all of those in their possession. There could easily be made a comparison. I wonder if Kate's impression was that an abductor had stood on the bed to go out the window?
Yes I think that is what she is trying to say

This article says that "results of testing may be released as early as tomorrow." :woohoo:

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1641422007

UK police poised to quiz hundreds in McCann inquiry

BRITISH police are set to begin exhaustive interviews with anyone who may have come into contact with Gerry and Kate McCann since their schooldays as their Portuguese colleagues await the findings of crucial forensic tests.

The results of checks on hair and bodily fluid samples found in the family's hire car are expected to be revealed as early as tomorrow and will be vital in deciding which direction the inquiry takes next.

And this really caught my interest! This goes beyond inquiries about tourists who stayed at the resort:

One British police source said: "Basically, if things do appear to be pointing towards the family then it will be a case of going back to basics and starting from scratch.

"Everyone who may have had any dealings with either Gerry or Kate as they grew up may potentially hold vital information about them which could prove vital to the inquiry."

Looks like something may be happening soon.

http://www.24horasnewspaper.com/mostranews.php?id=7806

PJ will have to wait further for the report from Birmingham

DNA evidence will only arrive next week

The much-awaited DNA tests that may certify that Maddie was transported dead in the McCanns' car should only arrive in Portugal early next week, 24Horas could find out with a source at the Policia Judiciaria.

The final report from the Forensic Sciences Lab in Birmingham will come through diplomatic bag. First it will be sent to the Foreign Office and then to the Ministery of Justice, as a PJ source explained.

Only after these bureaucratic moves will the report reach the hands of the Judiciaria. But the PJ has already been informed, over the phone, about a part of the results and knows these to confirm the involvement of Kate and Gerry McCann in their daughter's disappearance.

Yesterday, 24Horas was surprised as several British newspapers - 'Daily Telegraph', 'The Sun', 'Daily Star' and 'Evening Standard' - published the following non-existing statement from 24Horas' Justice editor, Luis Fontes: "The story is absolutely true. Our sources are rock solid. If they think they can sue us, then go ahead".

This statement is completely false, as it was never made.

New Searches being reported at a reservoir and in a forest nearby:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/14/nmaddy114.xml

A search is also expected of the dense woodland and isolated dwellings around the reservoir - known locally as Barragem da Bravura, literally the Reservoir of the Wilderness - which leading detective Paulo Rebelo believes was not combed carefully enough in the days following the four-year-old's disappearance.

According to Portuguese newspaper the Correio Da Manha, the "meticulous" Rebelo has ordered his reinforced team to pay "special attention" to the area around the jagged reservoir, which has a 25 mile perimeter, and is 15 miles from Luz.

Sites to the south of the Ocean Club where the McCanns and their friends stayed, including Luz and Burgau beaches, are also to be "fine combed" by inspectors, who will particularly focus on spots where the British group used their mobile telephones.

:eek: Very interesting!

There is also mention in that of a footprint found in the apartment with blood specks, with a "friend" of the McCanns saying it had a logical explanation.

I'm behind so I hadn't read about the bloody footprint:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article2658107.ece

The Mail on Sunday reported today that the FSS had found evidence of a bloody footprint in the McCanns' apartment with an inconclusive match to Madeleine’s blood. The footprint from a size five or six shoe was reported to match one found on the rear bumper of a hire car which was consistent with lifting a heavy object, such as a body, in or out of the boot.

A woman's shoe, I presume?

Is that a European size, though? I know from buying ballet shoes manufactured in different countries the sizes are all over the place!

Is that a European size, though? I know from buying ballet shoes manufactured in different countries the sizes are all over the place!
Size 5 or 6 would be European 38 or 39. Definitely a very small size for a man. I am a woman, 5'6" & I wear a 6.5 - 7 shoe that is 40 or 41 Eur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste