Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Whit Wendy for the link.

Linda Fisher has filed a wrongful death suit against JY.

"The lawsuit, filed late Tuesday afternoon on behalf of Michelle Young's mother, Linda Fisher, claims Jason Young is liable for her daughter's death.
"There's not much more I can say than how much I miss Michelle," Fisher said.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3882830/

Wow. Guess it takes a Mum to get this done.

Seems to me if JY decides to remain silent for this one, he's definitely going to lose.

Thanks Whit Wendy for the link.

Linda Fisher has filed a wrongful death suit against JY.

"The lawsuit, filed late Tuesday afternoon on behalf of Michelle Young's mother, Linda Fisher, claims Jason Young is liable for her daughter's death.
"There's not much more I can say than how much I miss Michelle," Fisher said.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3882830/

Wow. Guess it takes a Mum to get this done.

:woohoo::Banane09::Banane21::Banane33::Banane32:

YEAH LINDA!!!

She can always choose to not go through with it later if she wants, but once that statute of limitations has passed, she'd be SOL if she didn't file.

Go Linda, Go!

More detail here :

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/michelle_young/story/1281718.html

In a suit filed in Wake Superior Court, Linda Lee Fisher seeks a court finding that Jason Young was his wife's killer or an accessory to her murder.
Fisher also asks the court to bar Young from receiving his wife's insurance benefits or other assets from her estate. She seeks at least $10,000 from Young to compensate for her daughter's death -- the standard minimum threshold for lawsuits in Superior Court.

I'm glad to see this too Ms. Jilly.:)

Do you think this deserves it's own thread?

I'm ecstatic!!!!!

Folks were speculating that the Youngs' gave Linda a visit last week with Cassidy to appease her and make her reconsider about filing this. What do you think? Think seeing Cassidy now, is a thing of the past? It's sooo sad.

So! Will he show up and take the 5th or simply not contest it so that Linda will get a default judgment?

Do you think this deserves it's own thread?

I'm ecstatic!!!!!

Folks were speculating that the Youngs' gave Linda a visit last week with Cassidy to appease her and make her reconsider about filing this. What do you think? Think seeing Cassidy now, is a thing of the past? It's sooo sad.

So! Will he show up and take the 5th or simply not contest it so that Linda will get a default judgment?

As far as Cassidy goes, all that hatefulness will come out at trial I think. It would not surprise me if the Young's withdrew any potential visits between Linda and Cassidy. I don't know - can Linda also seek access to Michalle's daughter as a part of the compensation ? Hmmmmmm.

As far as Cassidy goes, all that hatefulness will come out at trial I think. It would not surprise me if the Young's withdrew any potential visits between Linda and Cassidy. I don't know - can Linda also seek access to Michalle's daughter as a part of the compensation ? Hmmmmmm.

Well....I think 2 yrs ago we were informed that grandparents had no rights in NC. Then came the Cooper case.
I was doing a search about it recently and it seems there is a provision for grandparents - I have no idea where that link is now, lol.
I think she would have to file in Family Court for this.

What gets me right now is that the Judge with held this suit from the media until jason was served. Wonder why?

Thanks for the links RC!:)

Well....I think 2 yrs ago we were informed that grandparents had no rights in NC. Then came the Cooper case.
I was doing a search about it recently and it seems there is a provision for grandparents - I have no idea where that link is now, lol.
I think she would have to file in Family Court for this.

What gets me right now is that the Judge with held this suit from the media until jason was served. Wonder why?

Thanks for the links RC!:)

By law the filing cannot be made public until the DEFEDENT (sounds sooooo goooooood) is notifed of the action. Guess that kind of put a damper on his latest holiday with his buddy down there in S.C.

By law the filing cannot be made public until the DEFEDENT (sounds sooooo goooooood) is notifed of the action. Guess that kind of put a damper on his latest holiday with his buddy down there in S.C.

Interesting!

By the wording of the document " Jason Young was his wife's killer or an accessory to her murder" - sounds like the holdup on the investigation is those shoe prints hey? They can't pin that size 10 Franklin on him.

Interesting!

By the wording of the document " Jason Young was his wife's killer or an accessory to her murder" - sounds like the holdup on the investigation is those shoe prints hey? They can't pin that size 10 Franklin on him.

Could be Jilly since the shoes have not been found, could be indeed. It does seem to imply LE cannot confirm if JY had help or not. One thing is for sure. LE and the DA are going to be watching this very closely to see what happens. Seems to me just in the publically available warrants we have seen and the probable cause sections of those warrants that there is a significant amount of evidence which can used against Jy for the WD suit.

Could be Jilly since the shoes have not been found, could be indeed. It does seem to imply LE cannot confirm if JY had help or not. One thing is for sure. LE and the DA are going to be watching this very closely to see what happens. Seems to me just in the publically available warrants we have seen and the probable cause sections of those warrants that there is a significant amount of evidence which can used against Jy for the WD suit.
I thought something may be brewing when Linda refused to be interviewed Sunday. She seemed 'upbeat' at Meredith's house after the memorial but would not say anything...other than a smile when I asked her if there was anything new to report.

The 2/08 SW's offer more than enough to win a WD suit based on preponderance of the evidence. It will be found he more likely did it than not....easy burden based on what we know

Interesting!

Great news huh Jilly !!!!

I noticed the last reward poster last week said "person(s) responsible"

I think the size 10 shoes have been the hold up. They can place JY there with the Hush puppies. If he had an accomplice, they are waiting out that break so they can offer a deal to testify against JY, making it slam dunk. At some point, they go to trial with what they have and explain the possible '2 killer' theory and tell the jury they have 1 for now.

I thought something may be brewing when Linda refused to be interviewed Sunday. She seemed 'upbeat' at Meredith's house after the memorial but would not say anything...other than a smile when I asked her if there was anything new to report.

The 2/08 SW's offer more than enough to win a WD suit based on preponderance of the evidence. It will be found he more likely did it than not....easy burden based on what we know

I have serious doubts JY will even show up.

I have serious doubts JY will even show up.

Good point. He may well concede and be found liable.
He is unemployed and flat broke.
I think he already knows he will never get the life insurance.
His biggest worry is life in prison or the needle.

except....if he found liable for MY's death, the Fisher's will have a solid case for custody.
What judge will allow someone responsible for the heinous death of his wife to be allowed to parent a child ????

LOL, yes, it looks good too! :woohoo:

I'm so glad she got that done. As I've told you before, THIS was a key, telling point to me - whether she would or wouldn't file it. That she did speaks volumes, IMO. She knows far more than any of us, knows the history of the marriage issues and what Michelle had told her in the weeks leading up to the murder, etc. Linda also knows what LE and the DA have told her (it's certainly limited, I'm sure...and rightfully so...but hello, she's got the jist of their case.)

You go, Linda!

RC, Shuze, Dog Wood, Jilly, etc - road trip?!?!?! :)

Good point. He may well concede and be found liable.
He is unemployed and flat broke.
I think he already knows he will never get the life insurance.
His biggest worry is life in prison or the needle.

except....if he found liable for MY's death, the Fisher's will have a solid case for custody.
What judge will allow someone responsible for the heinous death of his wife to be allowed to parent a child ????

The custody issue is an interesting one for sure. The Cooper case makes it plain it can be done. Just don't know how complicated it would be now after all this time. I did notice in the N & O article the lawyer named, is also a lawyer that has been used by some of Nancy's friends with respect to the Cooper custody issue. Perhaps Linda can get some very good advice there but they would most likely end up going against Tharrington Smith, if JY can con his friends and family into footing the bill that is. Perhaps he should take a cheaper route and head for K & B :crazy:

LOL, yes, it looks good too! :woohoo:

I'm so glad she got that done. As I've told you before, THIS was a key, telling point to me - whether she would or wouldn't file it. That she did speaks volumes, IMO. She knows far more than any of us, knows the history of the marriage issues and what Michelle had told her in the weeks leading up to the murder, etc. Linda also knows what LE and the DA have told her (it's certainly limited, I'm sure...and rightfully so...but hello, she's got the jist of their case.)

You go, Linda!

RC, Shuze, Dog Wood, Jilly, etc - road trip?!?!?! :)

I'm not sure I would be anything other than in a really bad bad mood just seeing JY. Wouldn't want to spoil the party. :crazy:

Great news huh Jilly !!!!

I noticed the last reward poster last week said "person(s) responsible"

I think the size 10 shoes have been the hold up. They can place JY there with the Hush puppies. If he had an accomplice, they are waiting out that break so they can offer a deal to testify against JY, making it slam dunk. At some point, they go to trial with what they have and explain the possible '2 killer' theory and tell the jury they have 1 for now.

It is really good news!!:Banane21:

An hour ago I was doing the happy dance. Now I'm thinking about Linda and Cassidy.:( Mixed feeling right now.

I would like to jump on board with you on the 2 killer theory but how do they prove who did the beating? Both of them? They don't have the murder weapon. I think they've got to be more specific with who dealt the fatal blows.

It is really good news!!:Banane21:

An hour ago I was doing the happy dance. Now I'm thinking about Linda and Cassidy.:( Mixed feeling right now.

I would like to jump on board with you on the 2 killer theory but how do they prove who did the beating? Both of them? They don't have the murder weapon. I think they've got to be more specific with who dealt the fatal blows.

Naw, even if jy watched from the other room, he is just as guilty and could be charged with 1st degree murder.
But you are right, a jury will want to know Jason inflicted those brutal blows if they sentence him to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe