General Discussion-Thread No. 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly don't know the answer for sure. There were two bloody shoe prints from different shoes found on a pillow located in the crime scene. One print was identified as a certain Hushpuppy style, and proof of purchase in JY's size for that shoe. The second print came from a size 10 pair of Franklin tennis shoes - which have not been found and for which not proof of purchase by JY was discovered either. Jy wears a size 11 if I recall the SW data correctly. I suspect this may be why they cannot rule a second person out. I do not know if LE has any idea about who it might have been or even if they exist.

I think he chose the different size shoe to throw off LE. I mean you can (not comfortably) fit into a pair shoes that are a size smaller. Who knows....would not surprise me one bit.

I think he chose the different size shoe to throw off LE. I mean you can (not comfortably) fit into a pair shoes that are a size smaller. Who knows....would not surprise me one bit.

Different brands of shoes aren't always consistent in size. There has been much discussion of why SBI went back to the residence and collected deck boards from the back deck and the stain. Don't know precisely why but there has been talk Jy stained the deck not long before Michelle was murdered - will be interesting to see if a print consistent with a size 10 Franklin was found on some of those boards.

Different brands of shoes aren't always consistent in size. There has been much discussion of why SBI went back to the residence and collected deck boards from the back deck and the stain. Don't know precisely why but there has been talk Jy stained the deck not long before Michelle was murdered - will be interesting to see if a print consistent with a size 10 Franklin was found on some of those boards.

Maybe these are the lab results that Donnie says they are still waiting for.

You're right about shoe sizes being inconsistent. You'd think they could simply compare the Franklin 10 with a Hush Puppy 12 or whatever.

Maybe these are the lab results that Donnie says they are still waiting for.

You're right about shoe sizes being inconsistent. You'd think they could simply compare the Franklin 10 with a Hush Puppy 12 or whatever.

The SW in Feb said the SBI would continue to work on the show impresion from the deck. He said 'forensics', so this sounds about right.

The SW in Feb said the SBI would continue to work on the show impresion from the deck. He said 'forensics', so this sounds about right.

Thanks for correcting me jtf.:) Geez - I really gotta sharpen my pencil around here!:yes:

I have ideas: Maybe Michelle's sister kept a pair of size 10s out in the garage for when she needed to muck around with Cassidy. Maybe Meredith put them on when she saw the mess. Or, maybe JY put them on. OR, maybe when JY had the deck stained, he hired someone who wore size 10s. Maybe that person (the hypothetical hired deck staining person in size 10s) was later hired again by JY to "help with the deed". Throwing those out there for you. Do they know if the Youngs hired anyone to do the deck staining? Or, if anyone came over before it dried and walked on the deck to leave prints? Still, how the heck would someone walk on a pillow during a murder and not remove the evidence of a shoe print in blood? Maybe the shoeprint was staged.

Hi! I've followed this case (and many others!) but was only recently able to register due to my email account. Anyway, is there shoe-print technology that can determine whether a person was wearing a shoe that was too big or too small for them? For example, if someone was wearing a shoe that was too big, maybe the front of the shoe wouldn't press down as hard. Does anyone know what I am talking about or am I just dreaming?

Thanks for all of the info from the regulars here! I've enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts ever since the Laci Peterson case!

Hi! I've followed this case (and many others!) but was only recently able to register due to my email account. Anyway, is there shoe-print technology that can determine whether a person was wearing a shoe that was too big or too small for them? For example, if someone was wearing a shoe that was too big, maybe the front of the shoe wouldn't press down as hard. Does anyone know what I am talking about or am I just dreaming?

Thanks for all of the info from the regulars here! I've enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts ever since the Laci Peterson case!

Hi amm - welcome aboard !

I am aware that there are means of establishing the wear pattern, such as if one walks on more on the outer part of the foot or if one is more inclined to apply more pressure to the heel or toe area. I am not myself aware if it can be determined if the shoe fits properly or not with respect to size. Sorry i can't be of more help, perhaps someone else has more information and can pipe up to help you out. :)

Even if he takes the 5th on many questions, this will be the first time WCSO will see JY open his mouth in 2 years. They will be able to use any of his statements in a later criminal trial.

I think the cops and the DA welcome this unprecedented move before a criminal indictment. I can't imagine it could possibly harm their case against JY....it can only help, imo

I've been trying to find something on this law firm that Linda has. I can't seem to find anything!:eek:
On the court documents they list a phone # and fax #. That's it. I thought all law firms had a website.

I've googled SC lawyers, wrongful death attornies and their name doesn't come up at all. I'm a little concerned.

I've been trying to find something on this law firm that Linda has. I can't seem to find anything!:eek:
On the court documents they list a phone # and fax #. That's it. I thought all law firms had a website.

I've googled SC lawyers, wrongful death attornies and their name doesn't come up at all. I'm a little concerned.

May be a good sign jillie
No need to run ads and yellow page solicitations.
Not ambulance chasers
Good attorney's don't need publicity

I have ideas: Maybe Michelle's sister kept a pair of size 10s out in the garage for when she needed to muck around with Cassidy. Maybe Meredith put them on when she saw the mess. Or, maybe JY put them on. OR, maybe when JY had the deck stained, he hired someone who wore size 10s. Maybe that person (the hypothetical hired deck staining person in size 10s) was later hired again by JY to "help with the deed". Throwing those out there for you. Do they know if the Youngs hired anyone to do the deck staining? Or, if anyone came over before it dried and walked on the deck to leave prints? Still, how the heck would someone walk on a pillow during a murder and not remove the evidence of a shoe print in blood? Maybe the shoeprint was staged.

So, in talking about Meredith putting on size 10 Franklins to muck around with Cassidy....

In consideration of the fact that Michelle was not supposed to even be home when Meredith came to the house, one would also deduce from that that Cassidy should not have been home either.

Therefore.....no reason for Meredith to change shoes when coming to the house, even if she did have 'muck around shoes' at the house for playing with Cassidy.

So there is no evidence of a receipt for Jason to have a new pair of Franklins.

May have bought them second hand from a thrift shop.

As for hiring someone to stain the deck....there would be receipts for the work that would have been found at the Birchleaf house. Had it been done by friend, it would still be easily found out as to who did it....because the staining would have become a topic of conversation by either Michelle or Jason with other friends. Michelle would also have mentioned it to at least Meredith, who was very close to Michelle.

Sami

Jilly - these lawyers were used by some of Nancy Cooper's friends to make their arguments against BC's subpeona's for the load of information he was wanting from them prior to the last custody hearing. You can see those on the legal docs thread on Nancy's forum.

So, in talking about Meredith putting on size 10 Franklins to muck around with Cassidy....

In consideration of the fact that Michelle was not supposed to even be home when Meredith came to the house, one would also deduce from that that Cassidy should not have been home either.

Therefore.....no reason for Meredith to change shoes when coming to the house, even if she did have 'muck around shoes' at the house for playing with Cassidy.

So there is no evidence of a receipt for Jason to have a new pair of Franklins.

May have bought them second hand from a thrift shop.

As for hiring someone to stain the deck....there would be receipts for the work that would have been found at the Birchleaf house. Had it been done by friend, it would still be easily found out as to who did it....because the staining would have become a topic of conversation by either Michelle or Jason with other friends. Michelle would also have mentioned it to at least Meredith, who was very close to Michelle.

Sami

Maybe he bought the shoes with cash. That would be hard to trace. I thought the shoe print on the pillow and the shoe print on the decking was the same style/size. I agree that if they had hired someone to stain the deck then it would of already been brought out in the open. I believe JY stained the deck. My husband stained ours and it looked great so I don't think they needed a professional.

I still think both shoes were his. He could've had the Franklins from a decade before. Anyway, I hope that they have had someone who fits into a size 12 Hush Puppy try on a size 10 Franklin to see how tight it is. It wouldn't surprise me if he could wear both.

http://www.ncwanted.com/unsolved/story/3905707/

"The [Wake County] Clerk of Court could see that due to the potential of this lawsuit, on behalf of a 2-year-old child [Cassidy Young] that Jason Young had a conflict," said Jack Michaels, one of Fisher's attorneys.

Linda Fisher was named the executor of Michelle Young's estate last week. Fisher had been listed as the alternate executor, according to Michelle Young's will.

Thanks RC for your above response!

If JY is deposed, how could he be compelled to say anything ?
We know his plan for the past 2 years......stay 100% mute.
Why would a deposition change that ?
Could he not plead the 5th on each and every question since a possible criminal charge is looming ?

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/wake/story/1284198.html

From what I can determine, JY can plea the 5th, but, IMHO, that would not bode well in front of a judge. The burden of proof is much lower in a civil trial. JY refuses to answer, IMHO, a judge would most likely determine he's refusing because it would incriminate himself, which would go towards him losing his defense of the case.

Looks like no matter which way he turns, JY is a loser here. At least civily.

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members