General Theories and Motives Rehashed #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading through some old articles last night and ran across one that I had forgotten about from last year. Below is the part that caught my eye:

The Bards added that it would not have been pitch black in Haleigh's house because of two skylights.

Mr. Bard said, "That night there was a full moon and so there would still have been a potential with the skylights that a person could have seen to navigate the house."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131654&catid=3

For Florida, February 9, 2009 was a cold, clear winter evening with a full moon. The lunar luminosity (heh heh heh, how you like ole Papa’s big new word?) would have been very high.

nasamoon-250x236.jpg

Moon Phases For February, 2009
First Quarter – February 2, 23:13
Full Moon – February 9, 14:49
Last Quarter – February 16, 21:37
New Moon – February 25, 01:35

http://www.universetoday.com/guide-to-space/the-moon/moon-phases-2009/

There are 2 large skylights on the roof of the trailer. They each appear to be about 2’x4’ in size. One is in the ceiling of the master bathroom and the other is in the living room:

Trailerroof1.jpg

As curious as the verbage surrounding the kitchen light being on has always been in Misty’s story, it seems even more so after realizing that Mr Bard is likely correct. With the full moon’s brightness that evening, navigating the house shouldn’t have required a light being turned on by an abductor.

I was reading through some old articles last night and ran across one that I had forgotten about from last year. Below is the part that caught my eye:

For Florida, February 9, 2009 was a cold, clear winter evening with a full moon. The lunar luminosity (heh heh heh, how you like ole Papa’s big new word?) would have been very high.

nasamoon-250x236.jpg

There are 2 large skylights on the roof of the trailer. They each appear to be about 2’x4’ in size. One is in the ceiling of the master bathroom and the other is in the living room:

Trailerroof1.jpg

As curious as the verbage surrounding the kitchen light being on has always been in Misty’s story, it seems even more so after realizing that Mr Bard is likely correct. With the full moon’s brightness that evening, navigating the house shouldn’t have required a light being turned on by an abductor.

That one skylight looks like its actually in the kitchen more than the living room doesn't it?

That one skylight looks like its actually in the kitchen more than the living room doesn't it?

Doob, I can't say for certain, but I believe it's in the living room just inside the counter/pass thru wall.

At least that's where this layout drawing I've had forever shows it.

Attachments

• Trailerlayout5.jpg
    Trailerlayout5.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 22

nasamoon-250x236.jpg

Trailerroof1.jpg

actually, after going through the hypnosis, (I realize it was full of lies), I got the impression that Jr may have gotten up & turned the light on. But if there was any truth @ all to the Joe story, the light may have never even been turned off. There are so many stories from them, I get confused when trying to put facts together.

The Parking Lot is our private forum, visitors can't see it. So they prefer we take our TV personality bashing down there. NG has her very own thread. :wink: We can discuss NG's shows, and we usually have a live thread when her show is on, we just can't be negative about her in the public forums.

Here's the link to The Parking Lot, also called The Basement:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Thank You so much, aksleuth:bananajump:

The Parking Lot is our private forum, visitors can't see it. So they prefer we take our TV personality bashing down there. NG has her very own thread. :wink: We can discuss NG's shows, and we usually have a live thread when her show is on, we just can't be negative about her in the public forums.

Here's the link to The Parking Lot, also called The Basement:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thank you all for welcoming our new member! :grouphug:

I almost hate to bring this up, but there was also the scenario of Ron going into the house and noticing Haleigh was gone and he woke Misty (in bed) and asked her where was Haleigh. Of course this scenario went by the wayside quickly.

This was very early in the case and I can't remember if LE repeated it, a reporter said it or whether I read it from a police report. Does anyone else remember this because I can't go back to February 2009 and read all those reports again. Someone please corroborate me.

I found this article here:

http://s2.excoboard.com/Courthouse_Steps_Mavens/123974/2011638

The link in the article I copied and pasted does not take you to the article at the jacksonville.com site, it must not be in the archives anymore.

February 10th, 2009 07:00 PM

Putnam issues missing-child alert

5-year-old girl considered endangered

By Dana Treen

February 10, 2009

Law enforcement officers with boats and aircraft are searching an area of southern Putnam County for a 5-year-old girl last seen at home about 10 p.m. Monday, authorities said.

A statewide missing and endangered child alert has been issued for Haleigh Cummings, last seen in the Hermit's Cove area of Satsuma when she was in bed. About 3 a.m. the girl's father came home and saw her missing, said Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. A woman was asleep in the residence.

Greenwood said the father noticed Haleigh missing and woke the woman.
He said there is no immediate evidence of foul play but that the home off Seven Sisters Road is very near the St. Johns River and that there are canals reaching into the neighborhood.

Haleigh was wearing a pink shirt and underwear, according the Missing Child Alert.

She is described as 3 feet tall, white with blonde hair and blue eyes, weighing 39 pounds.

A tearful Ronald Cummings this afternoon said he came home to find his girlfriend up and his daughter missing.

“I know somebody took my little girl,” the 25-year-old said.

When he arrived home the back door of the mobile home was open, he said.

Cummings said he is sure his daughter did not leave on her own.

“There is no way,” he said. “My daughter is afraid of the dark.”

The last time he saw her was when she got off the school bus, he said.

“She said she’d see me when I got home.”

Cummings appealed to anyone who knew where his daughter might be to contact the Sheriff’s Office.

“That’s all I want is someone to return my child,” he said.

Search crews continue to scour the area with dogs, a helicopter and dozens of people. One neighbor said she woke up about 3:30 a.m. and saw officers with flashlights. Investigators had the dogs out by her dock three separate times and about 4:30 a.m. they asked to search her home. They searched other homes as well.

If you have any information concerning the whereabouts of this endangered child, contact the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at (386) 329-0808.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...ing_child_alert

Trailerroof1.jpg

IMO, That skylight is over the rear hallway, leading to the back door. If you notice, it's position is incorrect on the floorplan relative to the kitchen window. If you look at the rear elevation of the trailer you can make out the ope for the kitchen window. The skylight is off to one side of it. It makes more sense to have the skylight over the hallway, that appears to have no window. However, there is also an ope between the kitchen and the hallway, obviously to allow light shine through.

Also, the skylight, as it appears in the floorplan, would suggest centered on the roof of the trailer. Compare with the aerial view that shows the skylight off to one side of the roof, in the nearest 'third'.

Thanks for those images Papa. I haven't seen a plan or an aerial view up to now.

-------------------------------------------------

Floorplan location in single post link below or post 643 above, by Concerned Papa

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5175369&postcount=643

By Dana Treen

That's very interesting. I wonder where he got that version? Dana Treen is the reporter that RC spoke to on the phone from jail, AFAIK.

I never saw that version...if it were true, why would misty be the one making the call? she would not know anything, if this were true...and if not true...how did it get out there so horribly wrong? it seems as if reporter has quotes from RC...that he came home and found Haleigh missing...and woke up the "woman" in the house...this is a whole different story, at least to me...

but right under it, Ron eays he found Misty up...I do remember this version making the rounds.

About 3 a.m. the girl's father came home and saw her missing, said Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. A woman was asleep in the residence.

and

A tearful Ronald Cummings this afternoon said he came home to find his girlfriend up and his daughter missing.
Looks more like sloppy journalism to me. Just noticed the second version contained a few lines below. Easily done on the day after an event takes place. Stories get confused.

It was LE that gave the incorrect version and RC gave the 'official' story to the reporter. But the Greenwood version does not compliment the police report which would have been taken on the night. It looks like Greenwood maybe gave the incorrect quote.

Yes I agree BBM.
Also another lie I remember is RC insisting that he put a dead bolt on that door up real high so kids couldn't open it.
Well, it is located exactly where my own is. When my grandchildren were about 3, they could open it on there tippy toes.........

It is my recollection that it wasn't RC who said this, it was a previous tenant who had lived in the MH several years ago. I'm thinking it was a reverend who said it but I might be wrong.

Edit: Here's the reverend talking about installing the bolt.

He was also so concerned about the back door not being secure, he and a friend installed a sliding lock.

"My son was a short 9," Smallwood tells us, "and we put the latch up too high for him to reach."

But when asked if the door could be opened even with the latched locked he said, "A man could [open it]."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131566&provider=rss

GRACE: Out to a special guest, joining us, Reverend Jesse Smallwood. He`s joining us from Claxton, Georgia. He was the prior owner of the home form which Haleigh was taken.

Reverend, thank you for being with us. Specifically, I want to ask you about that bedroom in which Haleigh was sleeping when she was allegedly kidnapped. How big is that bedroom?

REV. JESSE SMALLWOOD, PREVIOUS OWNER OF MOBILE HOME WHERE HALEIGH DISAPPEARED: It`s about 10 by 10, maybe 10 by 14, little wider than it is long because it has a very large bath at the end of the bedroom.

GRACE: And Reverend Smallwood, how far away is the kitchen door? The back kitchen door that was left propped open from the bedroom?

SMALLWOOD: Very farthest part of the house. You`re in one corner of the house and the door is basically on the same wall. You would have to go all the way through the living room, the kitchen.

GRACE: OK.

SMALLWOOD: Then the washroom and then to the door which have.

GRACE: Got it.

SMALLWOOD: . a sliding bolt that I installed for my son, young son was there.

GRACE: A sliding.

SMALLWOOD: And I was a renter there, not owner.

GRACE: A sliding metal bolt. Not plastic.

SMALLWOOD: Yes. Yes. They`re put it up because the door would prop open and I put a sliding metal bolt up high.

GRACE: Did that repair the door from just popping open? Did that repair the door?

SMALLWOOD: Yes. Yes.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0903/03/ng.01.html

Was the door changed between the reverend living there and RC moving in? I thought the issue was that the door slid shut on its own, not that it just pops open.

The latch being too high for a child to reach is nonsense anyway, IMO. Most kids learn early on that if they can't reach something they want they just have to climb on a chair or something.

IMO, That skylight is over the rear hallway, leading to the back door. If you notice, it's position is incorrect on the floorplan relative to the kitchen window. If you look at the rear elevation of the trailer you can make out the ope for the kitchen window. The skylight is off to one side of it. It makes more sense to have the skylight over the hallway, that appears to have no window. However, there is also an ope between the kitchen and the hallway, obviously to allow light shine through.

Also, the skylight, as it appears in the floorplan, would suggest centered on the roof of the trailer. Compare with the aerial view that shows the skylight off to one side of the roof, in the nearest 'third'.

Thanks for those images Papa. I haven't seen a plan or an aerial view up to now.

-------------------------------------------------

Floorplan location in single post link below or post 643 above, by Concerned Papa

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5175369&postcount=643

Take another look. The skylight is nowhere near the rear hallway. It appears to be about halfway between the double living room windows and the kitchen window.

doobiedoo52 is correct. The skylight is in the kitchen making the point of my post even more relevant. With the moonlight that night, an abductor would not have needed to turn on the kitchen light.

Dang, I drag out my big new words of "lunar luminosity" and all anyone wants to do is pick on EXACTLY where I said one of the skylights was at.....this is a tough crowd, LOL.

Attachments

• Trailer roof 2.jpg
    Trailer roof 2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Trailer roof 3.jpg
    Trailer roof 3.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 23
  • Trailer roof 4.jpg
    Trailer roof 4.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 23
Greenwood is the spokesman for LE and he gets it wrong every time. Ya know, I hope he is doing this on purpose to mislead because a LE who speaks to the media gets their facts locked down...airtight.

I recall the first version and it makes more sense than the one rc gave later. I think misty was laying or sleeping on the sofa...and that is why she saw the light.

Take another look. The skylight is nowhere near the rear hallway. It appears to be about halfway between the double living room windows and the kitchen window.

doobiedoo52 is correct. The skylight is in the kitchen making the point of my post even more relevant. With the moonlight that night, an abductor would not have needed to turn on the kitchen light.

Dang, I drag out my big new words of "lunar luminosity" and all anyone wants to do is pick on EXACTLY where I said one of the skylights was at.....this is a tough crowd, LOL.

LOL Papa--that's kind of what I was trying to say too. Why would they need the light on? FWIW "lunar luminosity" was impressive!

I still do not have a definite theory about this case but I have always believed there was a sinister reason why Haleigh was taken out of her home while Jr. was left behind. I believe she was taken for sexual purposes and then murdered because they knew she would tell what had happened to her.

And out of the mouths of babes comes truth imo. If Jr. had known the person who took his sissy out of the room he would have said so instead of saying "the man in black took sissy away" (paraphrasing) Also if Ron had been there Jr. would have said he was there when she was taken.

I believe the witnesses who saw Haleigh after Ron went to work will turnout to be credible and there may be more witnesses that have not come to light yet.

Ron's alibi was the easiest to verify since he was working at the time. In 15 months not one soul that worked with him at the bridge building company has come out and refuted his alibi.

So I believe the 3 am get off time holds true and eliminates Ron Cummings in the disappearance and subsequent murder of his little daughter. There is simply no way he could have done all the necessary steps that would have had to be taken and be able to do it in 26 minutes, including disposing of Haleigh's body imo. With sightings of Haleigh after he went to work shores up his alibi even more imo.

So whomever the perpetrator(s) are imo they knew that Ron was at work and knew what time he got off and they knew that there was no one there at his home but Misty and the children when they entered the home using another excuse or Misty asked them to come over.

Maybe their intent was to bring Ron to his knees by taking the child that was always his heart. Maybe they were cracked out on drugs or just plain evil.

IMOO

The more I read here, the more I believe that Haleigh was harmed BEFORE Ron went to work. I don't think she was dead when Ron left for work but I do believe that at this point she had been injured. I think that when TN was thrown in the mix she convinced Ron that he must go and stay at work as long as possible.

Ron was spotted at the bus stop that afternoon in the purple altima. The neighbor said that he saw the purple altima parked out in front of the mh that EVENING. So I would assume that sometime that evening Ron was still there. If we have TN calling GMSykes that evening to check on the kids-and GMS got there between 7-8pm. That would mean that TN had to call her before that-maybe around 6:30. If Ron was the one who called his mother (why else would TN feel the need to have the children checked on-if she hadn't received a call saying that something was terribly wrong at the mh)- he had to have called her before 6:30p-maybe around 6pm. Remember, TN:waitasec: said that Ron tried calling GMS but she didn't answer? They made it seem like that happened after the 911 call. But what if this really did happen but not after the 911 call? I always questioned why Ron would call TN (if she was so far away) but his Granny lived closer. He probably did try to call GMS first and when she didn't answer his call, he called his mother-TN despite her distance, KWIM? TN got in touch with GMS around 6:30p and sent her over there BUT TN was definitely on her way.

I think that something was definitely going down at that mh around 5-8p. I know LE said that they were "satisfied" with Ron's work hours...But they didn't clear him-so what does that tell you? I know it was said that there was no way he could leave work...IMO, He didn't want to leave. He needed to make sure he had an alibi so it was safer for him to stay there as long as he could. I think the coverup/cleanup was left to his family.
I think that on that 8:30 call between him and Misty, Ron found out that Haleigh had passed away from her injuries (from Ron)-and that is what the argument was about.
IMO, Ron's involvement starts much earlier in that evening but because Haleigh didn't die on his watch-his alibi is "I was at work". Because the coverup/cleanup was done while he was away from the mh-his alibi is "I was at work". But I think the phone records showed police that those flurry of calls started before Ron got to work.

I think Ron played off the fact that Haleigh DIED after he got to work. Therefore, he felt like because he wasn't there for that part of it-that he had nothing to do with it. Not wanting to believe that whatever he had done to her led to her death.

The former tenant (the minister) pointed out that the MH would have been well lit on a full moon night. Thanks for bringing back the picks too. People tend to forget all we sleuthed 15 months ago. No one brigs a brick, bricked an unlocked door, or doesn't leave evidence of it, turns on a light, goes into an occupied know drug, toting dealers home and walks into a bedroom with 3 people in it sleeping, one who keeps a 9mm under the pillow and takes a child out and takes the time to change her cloths and the child never screams or carries on. Have I missed anything?

BBM. In the same footage u posted above(full version) NG asked TN about how the door was propped open and she says that Misty was not very good house cleaner and unfortunately there was always a mound of laundry there, and thats what held the inner door open.

When you posted that yesterday, I had no idea what you were talking about. However when Aksleuth posted this:

My theory has always been Misty is the "key", and that key opens the lock. Now are they looking for the "lock"? Or do they also need to find the "safe"? Misty isn't the main person (suspect), but she has the information. They just can't crack her. After re-watching the interview from the Today Show the morning after the wedding, I'm more certain than ever. (Kimster has a thread for it).

Also, this video from CNN, isn't the full video. They came back after commercial to demonstrate the clothing on the floor, plus Teresa showed the clothes in Haleigh's closet, including some that had tags on them. I had the whole tour on file but after my computer crashed, I could no longer play the videos.

I went to the transcripts and saw what you were referring to. I then went to Patty G's videos and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1QK6Zn6i9Q

As you said, NG and TN are bringing up the laundry on the floor bit, DESPITE LE saying, in more than one interview, that the door was only slightly ajar. NO ONE with LE said anything about the door being WIDE OPEN like RC and MC, although all referenced the cinderblock.

I believe the "laundry on the floor" angle is simply an added storyline made necessary by the fact of the self closing door not being considered in their original version.

This is bolstered by the fact that when the alleged abductor came in through the inner door, his act of opening the door inward would have swept the clothes out of the way of the door's closing action. You can't have it both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor