George Anthony will testify against Casey next week before the grand jury

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder why George was called to testify, but not Cindy? Seems odd to me.

:waitasec:How would we know that???:) I realize the GJ DA wants to be zippy quick :woohoo:but how do we know who has been subpoenaed and who hasn't?

Have they said who all was called for Tuesday? I know GA & the phone ping expert. Do we know anyone else out side of LE? Wonder if Annie has been or Mallory. Have any of you read ANYTHING from Mallory?

Nope, Casey's lawyer is not allowed into the GJ proceedings.

Where the grand jury system is used, a panel of ordinary citizens is selected to secretly investigate criminal activity generally and issue an indictment called a "grand jury original" that initiates the criminal justice process. No judge, defendant or criminal defense attorney is present in state grand jury hearings. The number of jurors on the panel depends on the state in which the grand jury is being used, and a foreman is elected to take the lead in the investigation and prepare the indictment. After a grand jury indictment, law enforcement goes about to apprehend and arrest the defendant named in the indictment, which starts the criminal justice process.

http://www.lawinfo.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/Client.lawarea/categoryid/143

Lets hear it for a grand jury indictment! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sorry, I just want KC back in jail where she belongs!

What a fitting analogy. . .she is taking them all down with her. I too hope he "cuts the rope" and restores some sort of dignity to this family by telling the real truth.

All I can say is he better tell the truth. If he doesn't he will be charged. Many people have been charged with lying to a GJ. That is not taken lightly.

CA is the one who likes to embellish the truth for KC's benefit and she better get her big girl panties on and tell it like it really is or plead the 5th if she wants to stay out of jail.

Have they said who all was called for Tuesday? I know GA & the phone ping expert. Do we know anyone else out side of LE? Wonder if Annie has been or Mallory. Have any of you read ANYTHING from Mallory?

They never release a GJ list of witnesses. I am guessing GA told about the GJ hearing as no other witnesses would have in my opinion.

Initially, I thought the media headline that GA was going to "testify AGAINST" KC was out of context and to elicit public speculation that he was literally against KC. I figured he was only going to be talking about what he's already shared with LE during his interview but after thinking about it awhile, I remembered that letter KC sent, while 1st imprisoned to LE (KB) requesting he arrange a mtg with GA. Struck me as odd that she'd have to ask him to set this up since she was able to decide who she saw - only reason I can come up with is that she wanted the mtg to be private. Were there things she wanted to discuss with him directly related to Caylee's disappearance...things only she could talk with him about...things he's since told LE that will be exposed by GA during the GJ. Just thoughts.

Thank you Patty.:blowkiss: To add to Patty's post,

Here is the actual Florida statute as to who can be present with the Grand Jury:

905.17 Who may be present during session of grand jury.--

(1) No person shall be present at the sessions of the grand jury except the witness under examination, one attorney representing the witness for the sole purpose of advising and consulting with the witness, the state attorney and her or his assistant state attorneys, designated assistants as provided for in s. 27.18, the court reporter or stenographer, and the interpreter.The stenographic records, notes, and transcriptions made by the court reporter or stenographer shall be filed with the clerk who shall keep them in a sealed container not subject to public inspection. The notes, records, and transcriptions are confidential and exempt from the provisions of s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution and shall be released by the clerk only on request by a grand jury for use by the grand jury or on order of the court pursuant to s. 905.27.

Thanks so much for this info MiraclesHappen & Patty.

Can anyone else confirm?

My understanding of when we'll know there was an indictment is after the arrest has been made...that the prosecution can only at that point confirm the GJ ruled there was probable cause. If that is the case, we'll all have to stayed glued to our TV's since we'll have no heads up.

Also, in a capital crime of this nature, does anyone know if it's a no-bail situation or will she have bail?

And, let's take votes...who thinks LE will allow KC to surrender herself? My opinion in a word...no. And I hope it's publicized for everyone who's been praying for this to see. And I hope they let her know they're in charge now, not her by whispering in her ear while walking her to the car...remember we told you we always find out. Well, guess what the snow balls at the bottom of the hill KC.

I'm hoping that George will tell the complete truth about any odor or anything he saw in the trunk on the 24th, that is if there really was a trunk cussing while flinging gas cans episode. I'd think George is being asked to testify because he places himself as the last person to have actually seen Caylee on the 16th and to have been near the trunk on the 24th. Hopefully all the lies told to the media were just to try and get Casey to tell them where Caylee is located.

I think GA's testimony will be guided by hissense of self preservation. And we will never know what he said to the GJ. I am interested in his testimony at trial. I also think that CA's testimony will be interesting, but argumentative.
GA knows in his heart what the truth is. He also knows that lying to a GJ or in court is detrimental to his affinity for being unconfined.

The coming week will be exciting but not as educational as we would hope.

I reckon that older feller will be singing in four part harmony in the GJ room. It may sound like Goodbye My Coney Island Baby

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!
Back