George Anthony will testify against Casey next week before the grand jury

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi, Miracles... I understood that she was arrested for the check fraud, and THEN the Padillas revoked the bond. I recall them first saying they would revoke due to security issues, then changing their minds... and then LE paid a surprise visit and she was arrested.
As for bail... considering the enormous amount that Judge Strickland placed on her for the child neglect and making false statements charges, and also the flight risk, does anyone believe that if she is indicted for murder, she will be given bail? I don't... but if she is, then it will be most likely a million bucks.

Hi Tx :wave:

I cannot imagine that bond will be allowed on a murder charge. I'd worry that some publicity hound would post the million. That is not a slight of LP in any way, for I heart him.:) I never believed he did it for publicity...

Are you guys from Minnesota? (haha - inside joke for Minnesotans and Wisconsonians!)(certainly not meant to be derogatory!)

:crazy:

Hey Dutchie: I'm from Minnesota! And I hear the prison "hotdish" is nasty - worse than lutefisk even! (Yeah, for sure, you betcha!)

Anyway, green jello is waaaay too good for Casey. If I had my way, she'd get only pizza with extra maggots until the day she dies.

They decide whether or not somebody will be charged for a crime and if so, what the charge will be.

The charge is called "returning a bill" or "giving a true bill" as it varies a bit from state to state. I've heard it called an "information" also. It's all the same stuff.

The mechanics stay the same. Once the Grand Jury returns this "bill", that is formalized into an "indictment" which is really no different than getting a criminal complaint.

The Grand Jury is a charging mechanism to get the ball rolling.

They do not have the power or authority to decide on evidence or how a case will be presented in the regular courtroom at the trial.
That job is left to the dueling lawyers, both at trial and via pre-trial motions
(you can do motions ahead of time, before the actual trial, to try to keep evidence out of the hearing of a jury). Later on in this case, you'll probably hear the term: "motions in limine." It is just a fancy term for trying ahead of time to keep stuff out of the hearing of the jury---for example, a mere objection wouldn't suffice as the question itself is so prejudicial it can affect the trial outcome. So when you hear that term in a few, that's all that is.
But even then, the dueling lawyers present arguments , objections, about evidence...it is the Judge who decides to let it in or exclude it from the proceedings and he /she is attempting to follow strict rules of evidence.:gavel:.

Hope that helps :wink::)

Thanks so much, I'm not sure where the confusion started. I've probably just seen too many made for tv movies, where the writers didn't know their stuff.
:doh:

My husband hates to watch any medical shows if I'm in the room, can't help picking them apart. :blush:

Quick question about the grand jury proceedings next week. Assuming they hand down an indictment, how quickly would an arrest follow? Anyone know? I understand KC will not attend the hearing, but do we know where she will be? I would think that would be a BIG safety concern if there is an indictment handed down - they would want to get her in custody pretty quickly.

Something just ran across my mind and I thought I would see if this could be a possibility??? I have read many posts here from people that think GA may have helped KC hide little Caylee's body. To me, he has always seemed to be the one family member that has been really shaken by Caylee's disappearance. It broke my heart to see him when he yelled out "the body in my grandaughter's car is not my grandaughter." Is there a possibility that he could have been offered immunity from any type of prosecution for his involvement in this case if he testifys against KC??? Maybe he's just had enough and is ready to come clean about it all. If he did help KC, maybe he just can't deal with that any longer! Just a thought....

Something just ran across my mind and I thought I would see if this could be a possibility??? I have read many posts here from people that think GA may have helped KC hide little Caylee's body. To me, he has always seemed to be the one family member that has been really shaken by Caylee's disappearance. It broke my heart to see him when he yelled out "the body in my grandaughter's car is not my grandaughter." Is there a possibility that he could have been offered immunity from any type of prosecution for his involvement in this case if he testifys against KC??? Maybe he's just had enough and is ready to come clean about it all. If he did help KC, maybe he just can't deal with that any longer! Just a thought....

It would be a breath of fresh air and if he did, wouldn't it? But he'll be facing the hellfire wrath of Cindy if he did.

I suppose anything is possible. I have to say that I did think that George may have helped after the fact UNTIL I heard his interview. I don't feel that way anymore, but I am SO tired of the A's not putting finding Caylee ahead of protecting Casey. What a disgrace IMO to their precious Granddaughter. Although, that may be more Cindy. I can't imagine being George in that household right now.:mad:

I guarantee you if he says anything incriminating about KC in the Grand Jury, Cindy will have him emasculated so quickly that his head would spin.. I think his fear of her is greater than his fear of LE.

I think GA is only going to try say what he said in his statement...if he talks at all. Nothing more unless the Prosecution gets all of our notes for questions to ask him. LOL

This could be very rough for GA since he can be basically asked anything in the GJ. What he knows will have to surface...unless he pleads the Fifth! Again...this is really what I am expecting to happen.

It will be quite a BOMBSHELL if the whole fam pleads the Fifth, eh?!

I guarantee you if he says anything incriminating about KC in the Grand Jury, Cindy will have him emasculated so quickly that his head would spin.. I think his fear of her is greater than his fear of LE.
She would never know what he said since she won't be in there and their records are sealed. (Am I right on this?)

During his questioning, would CA be in the courtroom? If not, she may not know what he says which is a good thing...

Quick question about the grand jury proceedings next week. Assuming they hand down an indictment, how quickly would an arrest follow? Anyone know? I understand KC will not attend the hearing, but do we know where she will be? I would think that would be a BIG safety concern if there is an indictment handed down - they would want to get her in custody pretty quickly.

Don't know about how quickly an arrest would take place. I'm thinking it will be a sealed indictment so it will not become public knowledge before she can be taken into custody.

I think GA is only going to try say what he said in his statement...if he talks at all. Nothing more unless the Prosecution gets all of our notes for questions to ask him. LOL

This could be very rough for GA since he can be basically asked anything in the GJ. What he knows will have to surface...unless he pleads the Fifth! Again...this is really what I am expecting to happen.

It will be quite a BOMBSHELL if the whole fam pleads the Fifth, eh?!

A person can't plead the 5th to keep from testifying against someone else.

I'm really not surprised. I really honestly think that George is innocent and heart broken...does anyone recall it being said that George had to leave the house out of frustration or tension something along those lines when Casey was bailed out? i have no clue where i heard this but i really remember because it stuck out to me. anyone else recall that??? anyhow to me it seems like George just is in shock and confused...he seems left out of a lot of things.

My daughter has her radio cranked up and is listening to Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) song: Fly on the Wall:

[ Chorus: ]
Don’t you wish that you could be a fly on the wall
A creepy little sneaky little fly on the wall
All my precious secrets, yeah
You’d know them all
Don’t you wish that you could be a fly on the wall

Yup that's exactly what I wish tonight!!!

I'm looking for GA and CA's written statements. I believe that they were in the original 400 page dump and both were signed by each of them. I can't find them!!! Can someone please help!

I'm really not surprised. I really honestly think that George is innocent and heart broken...does anyone recall it being said that George had to leave the house out of frustration or tension something along those lines when Casey was bailed out? i have no clue where i heard this but i really remember because it stuck out to me. anyone else recall that??? anyhow to me it seems like George just is in shock and confused...he seems left out of a lot of things.

He left the house the day KC came home and started walking down the sidewalk. Lee went and picked him up.

He probably got ticked off at KC lying again! JMO

Thanks so much Truth Seeker! That's exactly what I was looking for! :)

He left the house the day KC came home and started walking down the sidewalk. Lee went and picked him up.

He probably got ticked off at KC lying again! JMO

OMG so u remember that too!! wow makes u really feel horrible for him doesn't it...geez i just see so much hurt expecially when he yelled that statement about his granddaughter not being in the trunk :sheesh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip
Back