George Anthony will testify against Casey next week before the grand jury

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with you completely. How can we even begin to imagine what we would do and how we would react to this whole situation. None of us know how we would react. I kind of look at it those who enable drug addicts or those addicted to alcohol. It is so much easier sit at home, safe and sound and knowing where our children and grandchildren are, to pick apart how people react. I don't know why CA and LA are acting like this, but I just have the hardest time blaming Cindy whenever I hear those first 911 calls. I believe that denial is a very strong and damning coping mechanism and, call me naive, I think this is why Cindy are acting like this.

I don't agree with their behavior but my heart still goes out to them. They loved their granddaughter Caylee, I don't think anyone is arguing against that.

Do I remember correctly that you can have a lawyer with you at a GJ hearing.. but they can't say anything??

You can be "assisted" by an attorney but there is no overriding right to counsel per se. They aren't in there trying a case with arguments and objections. It is not an adversarial proceeding. it is investigative.:):blowkiss:

The same attorney cannot represent a bunch of people. That way no one outside the proceeding can put together a picture of what's going on in there. At least that is the reason I personally believe that rule exists.

The law allows one to discuss the goings on in there with the atty. Aside from that, if you have knowledge, It is illegal to blab it elsewhere. It is a crime in florida.

I don't agree with their behavior but my heart still goes out to them. They loved their granddaughter Caylee, I don't think anyone is arguing against that.

I don't believe that I would react like that, I don't think their behavior is something to be applauded. I just think so many people are ready to fry the grandparents and I strongly feel that they don't have anything to do with it. I just think that it is denial and you can see that when GA screamed "that wasn't my granddaughter in the trunk".

Yes! So which one is the truth?! Which one will he tell the GJ?! Why DID GA lie on National television? I don't understand this one at all. The second story would have been the one I would think he would want to get out there so why make up the first one? Any ideas?

I believe when all this first happened with Caylee, George said that he and Cindy checked the back yard before LE bought in the dogs. He said they even looked under the play house!!

They both thought the worst about Caylee, but then Cindy went in Defence mode the minute Casey was arrested and they both have since denied and covered up things to keep Casey from going to prison!!

If you watched the interview where Greta was in their home asking them questions, that is where George was telling her about the gas cans but Cindy butted in before George could finish and Said "there were the gas cans in the trunk....and George just sat there..

Yet if you listen to George's interview with LE when Cindy is not there...I think it speaks volumes!

He IS testifying against Casey!! No one said he was taking sides...I don't think.

"Her and I got into a little verbal, she didn't want me to go in the trunk," Anthony told investigators during questioning.

He's Testifying.......Period.

He's not Testifying against anyone.

It doesn't work like that with a Grand Jury

He's being called to answer questions

All I said was it's misleading when they say He's testifying "Against" KC

He has no choice....He was issued a Subpoena

I don't believe that I would react like that, I don't think their behavior is something to be applauded. I just think so many people are ready to fry the grandparents and I strongly feel that they don't have anything to do with it. I just think that it is denial and you can see that when GA screamed "that wasn't my granddaughter in the trunk".

Okayyyy, even if it's denial, whose dead body does GA think WAS in the trunk, then?

Since it's been asked a couple of times, here is the Florida statute on who is allowed inside the Grand Jury:

905.17 Who may be present during session of grand jury.--

(1) No person shall be present at the sessions of the grand jury except the witness under examination, one attorney representing the witness for the sole purpose of advising and consulting with the witness, the state attorney and her or his assistant state attorneys, designated assistants as provided for in s. 27.18, the court reporter or stenographer, and the interpreter......

As for the Atty, Think more leaning over and whispering occasionally as opposed to presenting oral arguments.

This is fairly uniform from state to state, from my personal observations only...
Anyway, hope this clears it up for anyone who was wondering about this particular proceeding.:blowkiss:

When this first broke George pulled a detective aside and said that he thought Casey was holding back, or hiding something. He still feels a kindred spirit with LE. In his taped interview he kept telling them how he was telling the truth. I think he is going to go in the GJ and puke out all his knowledge, thoughts and theories. I think he has had enough and has finally admitted to himself whose fault this whole thing is. That combined with self preservation will make him holler from the mountaintops. Cindy is a very argumentative witness.

I reckon the prosecutor may need a shock button for her

True it is investigative and not adversarial in nature, by law.

However, that being said, the reality is that the aim of this particular Grand Jury , from the State's perspective, is to return a bill for Casey to answer to the charge of murder. Maybe we can grant the reporters some poetic license...they've given us alot of good stuff over the course of this case...:blowkiss:

I'm not in the know, but when someone is called in to testify before a GJ it is for the prosecution/state and that is George testifying against Casey

Okayyyy, even if it's denial, whose dead body does GA think WAS in the trunk, then?

The last thing I want is to start an arguement or anything. Maybe I will just go back to lurking. I am not here trying to defend anyone, the only person who I wish was defended was Caylee. I don't know who he thought was in the trunk and I am sure he knows deep in his heart that it was Caylee, but some people just can't face the facts.

The last thing I want is to start an arguement or anything. Maybe I will just go back to lurking. I am not here trying to defend anyone, the only person who I wish was defended was Caylee. I don't know who he thought was in the trunk and I am sure he knows deep in his heart that it was Caylee, but some people just can't face the facts.

I don't think you should go back to lurking Kristie19....you are free to post just like the rest of us. :blowkiss:

Kristie,
Welcome to WS. Don't go back to lurking. I didn't see Janis's comment as trying to start an argument. It was just carrying the conversation to the next step. Of course GA was/is in denial. But the obvious follow-on question to GA would be; if it wasn't Caylee, then who was it? Anyway, we're glad you're here. :blowkiss:

True it is investigative and not adversarial in nature, by law.

However, that being said, the reality is that the aim of this particular Grand Jury , from the State's perspective, is to return a bill for Casey to answer to the charge of murder. Maybe we can grant the reporters some poetic license...they've given us alot of good stuff over the course of this case...:blowkiss:

Well put & I agree 100 %

I was just trying to say that when you read the words "Testifying Against" it implies that George has "flipped over to the prosecution" so to speak
(does that make any sense?)

Who knows what questions he'll be asked & whether or not they'll be damaging to KC or not...(Most likely they will be)

Also, The Grand Jurors get to ask questions as well.....I think!

I had a lot more compassion for the Anthony family at the beginning of this whole nightmare (after all, they're the longest-suffering victims of the monstrous Miss Casey), but with every day that passed in which we were served up with another lie from Cindy, or outburst from George or ridiculously absurd conduct by Lee, combined with their nonchalance about getting off their collective butts to go out and find their granddaughter (driving a billboard around doesn't count), my annoyance at them grew until it outweighed my empathy.

Now I'm at the point where I just want that poor baby's body to be found so she can finally rest in peace, and if it means charging the entire clan for either causing her death or enabling her killer, so be it.

[/rant]

No need to lurk, Kristie - we all get a little testy at this case at times.

Kristie,
Welcome to WS. Don't go back to lurking. I didn't see Janis's comment as trying to start an argument. It was just carrying the conversation to the next step. Of course GA was/is in denial. But the obvious follow-on question to GA would be; if it wasn't Caylee, then who was it? Anyway, we're glad you're here. :blowkiss:

Thanks. I guess emotions are just running super duper high. I know I am heartbroken over this case and I guess I am just trying to see some positive in people. And like I said, I don't want to argue with anyone... all of us here just want justice for Caylee. I didn't mean that Janis's comment was leading to an agrument, just that I know so many people are mad at the A's and my comments may seem to be defending them.

Anyways, thanks for the welcomes. I just wish I was closer to Florida so I could do something more productive in helping this little girl get a proper burial. Really, I wish there was more I could do to help all children who are missing.

I had a lot more compassion for the Anthony family at the beginning of this whole nightmare (after all, they're the longest-suffering victims of the monstrous Miss Casey), but with every day that passed in which we were served up with another lie from Cindy, or outburst from George or ridiculously absurd conduct by Lee, combined with their nonchalance about getting off their collective butts to go out and find their granddaughter (driving a billboard around doesn't count), my annoyance at them grew until it outweighed my empathy.

Now I'm at the point where I just want that poor baby's body to be found so she can finally rest in peace, and if it means charging the entire clan for either causing her death or enabling her killer, so be it.

[/rant]

No need to lurk, Kristie - we all get a little testy at this case at times.

I get you. I know empathy for them is hard. I just really don't think they know. Maybe LA knows something though... he kinda creeps me out, though I do think those suggestions of him being Caylee's dad is kind of out there. KC got around and I don't think she needs her brother.

So if Miss Casey is indicted in connection with her daughter's death, does her bail get revoked?

If a judge found her enough of a flight risk on endangerment charges to order ankle monitoring, how much more likely would she be to flee if she was facing more serious charges?

Could this be... Miss Casey's last weekend of freedom for years to come?

He may have said that on Greta to protect the integrity of the investigation. ??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back