George Anthony will testify against Casey next week before the grand jury

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are you allowed to plead the 5th in front of the Grand Jury?

I think the 5th applies in any testimony situation, but could a legal eagle on here verify please? Thanks - just in case I'm talking outta my butt...lol

I think the 5th applies in any testimony situation, but could a legal eagle on here verify please? Thanks - just in case I'm talking outta my butt...lol

Your butt is correct. The Constitution will follow you into the Grand Jury.

How would any of us react in this situation. I would like to think that I would be furious and that I would beat the tar out of my daughter until she told me the truth. Then, I think maybe GA and CA are in a self protective mode and they really don't want too look at the truth because that truth to me would be almost more than a parent/grandparent can fathom. If it is found that Casey is guilty how as a parent would you live with the fact that your own flesh and blood harmed your granddaughter. It seems to me that what has happened here may just be more than a parent can take. Just rambling.......

I think had I been GA, I would have gone in the trunk for sure when she got all nasty about it. But then that is just me.

I would have known she was hiding something.

In some strange cases the JG can wave your 5th rights. It's true, it has happened before.

Is there any LEGAL reason that would preclude Lee from being a witness at the GJ???

Does anyone know?

There is no privilege for Lee to assert. He appears to be screwed. That is not a reflection on DNA.:blowkiss:

Sorry if this has been asked, ut does anyone know who else will testify in front of the GJ?
I believe it is usually kept in secret?....or am i wrong?..i dont know too much legal business...
So how did the media find out George would be testifying?

This goes to exactly what I was trying to say earlier today when I posted in the Cell Phone pings thread.
I brought up the fact that GA said he had to get the gas cans from her. Once he stated he went to the trunk, the other and I think it was in a statement UNDER OATH to LE that she rushed ahead of him, grabbed them and threw them at him. So I mentioned, didn't he tell Cindy he saw her that day?
Then I asked others for their opinions re: GA and his sighting and this all took place on the 24th. If I'm not mistaken CA said she hadn't seen her daughter or grand daughter in over a month.

Then I mentioned that I couldn't see where Caylee could have been alive past the late hrs. of the 15th, actually meant after midnight which would make it some time during the 16th, since AL said she stayed there without Caylee on the 15th or definitely on the 16th and from thereafter.

I also asked about the backyard and the hits from the dogs there. The reason I mentioned that was due to the odor that would have had to make one suspicious. Secondly, I couldn't see her dragging the body around for 10+ days. So it all lead me to question who exactly knows what?? :confused:

Originally Posted by Truth Seeker
I felt sorry for him in the beginning until he lied about the gas cans.

When Greta first interviewed him and Cindy at their home, he said HE OPENED the trunk and Cindy said "there were the gas cans"

Later when he gave LE his testimony he said Casey wouldn't let him near the trunk but took them out herself and said "here's your *advertiser censored**en gas cans"!!!
Yes! So which one is the truth?! Which one will he tell the GJ?! Why DID GA lie on National television? I don't understand this one at all. The second story would have been the one I would think he would want to get out there so why make up the first one? Any ideas?

I think had I been GA, I would have gone in the trunk for sure when she got all nasty about it. But then that is just me.

I would have known she was hiding something.

George could have pushed Casey aside and looked in the trunk for all anyone knows. It sort of suprises me that he didn't because there had been the thefts and already a week of wondering about Caylee's welfare. I'd like to know if he officially claims to have smelled anything or not on that day. Also, would a body fit into the trunk along with gas cans? Maybe the cans are just a smokescreen.

Do I remember correctly that you can have a lawyer with you at a GJ hearing.. but they can't say anything??

George could have pushed Casey aside and looked in the trunk for all anyone knows. It sort of suprises me that he didn't because there had been the thefts and already a week of wondering about Caylee's welfare. I'd like to know if he officially claims to have smelled anything or not on that day. Also, would a body fit into the trunk along with gas cans? Maybe the cans are just a smokescreen.

Yeah, GA summed in one word.....SPINELESS.

How would any of us react in this situation. I would like to think that I would be furious and that I would beat the tar out of my daughter until she told me the truth. Then, I think maybe GA and CA are in a self protective mode and they really don't want too look at the truth because that truth to me would be almost more than a parent/grandparent can fathom. If it is found that Casey is guilty how as a parent would you live with the fact that your own flesh and blood harmed your granddaughter. It seems to me that what has happened here may just be more than a parent can take. Just rambling.......

I agree with you completely. How can we even begin to imagine what we would do and how we would react to this whole situation. None of us know how we would react. I kind of look at it those who enable drug addicts or those addicted to alcohol. It is so much easier sit at home, safe and sound and knowing where our children and grandchildren are, to pick apart how people react. I don't know why CA and LA are acting like this, but I just have the hardest time blaming Cindy whenever I hear those first 911 calls. I believe that denial is a very strong and damning coping mechanism and, call me naive, I think this is why Cindy are acting like this.

Also from the same article:

Two members of the Anthony family now have key roles in the case against Casey, her father for what he's going to do and her brother Lee for what he didn't want to do.

George and Cindy Anthony voluntarily gave up DNA samples this week so investigators could scientifically exclude either of them as the source of the hair and stain in Casey's trunk, but investigators had to get a search warrant to get Casey's brother Lee to submit to a DNA test. He also has refused to take a lie detector test for the FBI.

OMG. I had a feeling she told him.

The winds definitely changed when it came to Lee at some point.

I was so rooting for him to be the hero in all this and come through for his niece.

That child deserves to be buried with dignity.

Yes! So which one is the truth?! Which one will he tell the GJ?! Why DID GA lie on National television? I don't understand this one at all. The second story would have been the one I would think he would want to get out there so why make up the first one? Any ideas?

Oh that's an easy one. Because Cindy's hand was on his leg and she MADE HIM DO IT. You have to watch that part of the interview again. She even answers for him. Their body language is so tense until after that part is over.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip
Back