George Floyd death / Derek Chauvin trial - Sidebar week 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chauvin testified at a ENR liquor license review in 2010:

80. MPD Officer Derrick Chauvin has provided security as an off-duty officer at ENR for four years, typically working there two to three nights per week. Officer Chauvin assessed security at ENR as having significantly improved over the time he has worked there. Officer Chauvin made the following observations about conditions at ENR…
https://mn.gov/oah/assets/6010120557_Midwest_Latino_report_tcm19-163362.pdf

The judge heard testimony from various parties, including the club's paid off-duty cops, who said El Nuevo Rodeo generates fewer police reports than downtown clubs do…The judge sided with Santamaria, saying the city didn't provide sufficient evidence for revocation (however, he approved several minor actions).
Nightlife notebook: Is El Nuevo Rodeo closing? Not so fast

@JerseyGirl - please "tag" me when you open up Day 6 of trial. Then I'll post my stuff - so you don't have to transfer it over there.

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

The parents of students at a Texas high school were outraged after a teacher subjected their children to a livestream of the Derek Chauvin murder trial as part of a classroom assignment.

The classroom assignment at Cedar Hill High School caught many parents off guard because they said it was done without their consent. They said their children were told by their teacher to follow the instructions the judge gave the real Chauvin jury to not to talk about the case to anyone.

"Therefore, every day, your child will be attentive to the actual trial, listening and paying attention to the evidence of both sides, defense and prosecution, during the trial," the teacher wrote in a response to complaining parents that was shared with WFAA.

Parents incensed after students forced to be mock jurors for Derek Chauvin trial

The parents of students at a Texas high school were outraged after a teacher subjected their children to a livestream of the Derek Chauvin murder trial as part of a classroom assignment.

The classroom assignment at Cedar Hill High School caught many parents off guard because they said it was done without their consent. They said their children were told by their teacher to follow the instructions the judge gave the real Chauvin jury to not to talk about the case to anyone.

"Therefore, every day, your child will be attentive to the actual trial, listening and paying attention to the evidence of both sides, defense and prosecution, during the trial," the teacher wrote in a response to complaining parents that was shared with WFAA.

Parents incensed after students forced to be mock jurors for Derek Chauvin trial

Ooooof vicarious trauma! I definitely haven’t been sleeping all that well since I started watching. This trial has been on the forefront of my mind since jury selection. My mind has been spinning. I’ve even wondered if I should stop watching. It’s tough because I’m very interested/curious to see how it plays out and I also realize it’s emotionally draining and I don’t know why I do this to myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24