George has Casey's car destroyed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What else could they possibly do with it? IMO, if it were sold, ,donated or otherwise left their control it would probably turn into some murder memorabilia.
I don't think anyone would buy it to drive.
They could keep it,but why would they?
Haven't read the thread, but this is one of the most reasonable things the Anthony's have ever done,imo. LOL.

I agree with you... it was a part of a discussion about why the car and why not the pool.

How does calling photographers from Fox 35 to witness the car disposal serve to distance them from the case though? Wouldn't it have been more discreet to just junk the thing quietly. I keep hearing the A's are tired of being 'stalked' as in their visit to Home Depot, but as soon as the camera is off them for a week they pull a stunt like this to get it back... wonder if Fox paid for this exclusive?

Do we know who pocketed the "scrap metal" payout on the car?

In Britain (our laws are based on theirs) people who have been cleared of murder and other serious offences can now be retried. IMHO, with all the spectacular developments in CSI techniques over recent years that can be used to clear as well as convict offenders there's a chance this law change could one day come here. This is why I think he did it. IIRC John Walsh was livid over the fact that police investigating his son Adam's murder managed to lose the most compelling evidence against the main suspect - Otis Toole's car. George has made certain Casey's car is lost forever too. Here's a snippet from a Brit paper and the link....

The double jeopardy rule that for centuries protected those acquitted of an offence from retrial was removed six years ago.

Under the Criminal Justice Act 2003, those found not guilty of certain serious offences can be ordered to face a second trial if "new and compelling" evidence has emerged.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/may/18/double-jeopardy-stephen-lawrence-suspect

What else could they possibly do with it? IMO, if it were sold, ,donated or otherwise left their control it would probably turn into some murder memorabilia.
I don't think anyone would buy it to drive.
They could keep it,but why would they?
Haven't read the thread, but this is one of the most reasonable things the Anthony's have ever done,imo. LOL.

I think the line of thinking here is that if they never believed Caylee wasn't in the back of that car, then why not have it detailed and cleaned and just keep it (and I know that smell is hard to keep out, but if they believed it was just trash, then I can see them trying to get it cleaned anyway)? The fact that they got rid of it proves that they did indeed lie when they kept saying Caylee wasn't in the trunk. Of course, I can also see them getting rid of it just because it's a reminder of what happened to her, but they went along with the drowning, especially CA. They gave those pictures of Caylee by the pool and at the back door. Why do that if the drowning never happened? The only denial was George on the stand. Maybe he doesn't believe it, but I never heard Cindy deny it. Why not publically denounced the drowning outside the of trial? They never have. They still keep the pool. And they got rid of the car. It sends conflicting messages just like at trial. They can't have it both ways, and yet they keep trying to.

ML is reported as bringing it in and lately we've seen enough of ML to have seen enough of him. lol So while the A's are busy polishing up their new "image" to present to the public I'm imagining that ML gets to do the "dirty" work. jmo

Fox 35 was there- they reported George brought it in.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/081811-casey-anthonys-car-crushed

He gave them an exclusive to watch it being destroyed- that channel's reporter (Holly Bristow) has always written sympathetic reports about him, so it paid off!

I think the line of thinking here is that if they never believed Caylee wasn't in the back of that car, then why not have it detailed and cleaned and just keep it (and I know that smell is hard to keep out, but if they believed it was just trash, then I can see them trying to get it cleaned anyway)? The fact that they got rid of it proves that they did indeed lie when they kept saying Caylee wasn't in the trunk. Of course, I can also see them getting rid of it just because it's a reminder of what happened to her, but they went along with the drowning, especially CA. They gave those pictures of Caylee by the pool and at the back door. Why do that if the drowning never happened? The only denial was George on the stand. Maybe he doesn't believe it, but I never heard Cindy deny it. Why not publically denounced the drowning outside the of trial? They never have. They still keep the pool. And they got rid of the car. It sends conflicting messages just like at trial. They can't have it both ways, and yet they keep trying to.

Exactly. I could get the smell of spilled garbage out of a car. I certainly wouldn't junk it... they knew from the second they inhaled it and they finally confirmed what we all knew.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/081811-casey-anthonys-car-crushed

He gave them an exclusive to watch it being destroyed- that channel's reporter (Holly Bristow) has always written sympathetic reports about him, so it paid off!

Probably quite handsomely in comparison to what the car was actually worth.

If there was anything genuine about the Anthonys at all, they would have had no need for "a Fox exclusive" to carry out their "mental healing" of having the car destroyed.

Maybe they just read here and decided that keeping the car would have been a VERY unpopular decision. lol The car is gone and they've "washed their hands" of it. They won't hear about over and over again for the next 10 years. Out of sight, out of mind. It was a good decision. jmo

The Math is quite clear.

The Anthonys would make much more money "appearing" to do the right thing by not selling the car in order to better public opinion of them which in turn, hopefully pays a much larger monetary gain to their umpteenth "foundation". :rolleyes:

ya know i hate to think there was motive for having the car crushed. I want to believe this was an honorable gesture on GA's part but I have to say I agree w/your post 100%. Just seems odd to me that yesterday a report came out about the DT investigator that pretty much slammed the A's while making FCA look like mother of the year (because we all know if you have pretty pictures of your child all throughout your neat room your are not capable of murdering your child - barf - even if on said day of "accidental" death your out w/new boyfriend without a care in the world - barf). So, the A's are slammed and FCA shown in a good light... Now the A's (well GA) is a "hero" for not accepting money for the death car. It seems to me that this is a like a tennis match, they keep hitting balls at eachother, trying to look good while the other looks bad... And you are right, the better they look the more money they make - GA&CA + good deeds = interviews + book = foundation money (cough, cough salary) or FCA + poor grieving mother who has been spending most of her time reading as of late per JB (YA RIGHT - BARF) = book = money & bella vita (barf)...

omgosh, quit a few barfs in my post :sick:

and, i agree w/other posters as well... if you child dies in your backyard pool you rip the damn thing down... if you have a car that smells bad because of "pizza" you get it professionally cleaned and donate it to a homeless shelter or something... the car being crushed is very telling!

I think the line of thinking her is that if they never believed Caylee wasn't in the back of that car, then why not have it detailed and cleaned and just keep it (and I know that smell is hard to keep out, but if they believed it was just trash, then I can see them trying to get it cleaned anyway)? The fact that they got rid of it proves that they did indeed lie when they kept saying Caylee wasn't in the trunk. Of course, I can also see them getting rid of it just because it's a reminder of what happened to her, but they went along with the drowning, especially CA. They gave those pictures of Caylee by the pool and at the back door. Why do that if the drowning never happened? The only denial was George on the stand. Maybe he doesn't believe it, but I never heard Cindy deny it. Why not publically denounced the drowning outside the of trial? They never have. They still keep the pool. And they got rid of the car.

Even if they actually thought Caylee was never in there-I don't think it is reasonable to clean the car and drive it around. It is not so much what they think as is public perception of the car. Driving that car around would just be asking for trouble.

The car is well known and most feel Caylee was in the trunk, no way they could drive that car around and not suffer from the public. IMO, this is the only option;so much so I cannot even understand there is controversy surrounding this issue.

As to why GA would junk the car? - After getting a faceful of his grandaughter's remains, I'm surprised he didn't take a sledgehammer and do it himself. I would!

Probably quite handsomely in comparison to what the car was actually worth.

If there was anything genuine about the Anthonys at all, they would have had no need for "a Fox exclusive" to carry out their "mental healing" of having the car destroyed.

My question would be why would Fox consider it important enough to cover, unless they were trying to save poor unsuspecting people from buying someone's white Pontiac on the pretense that it had once belonged to KC. Nah, scratch that. jmo

Why did they have to make it public? Why not transfer the title to someone else and let them junk the car? All this about the lawyer going along and etc. Why can't they just crawl away and shut up!!!

They act like they are celebrities...they need to get a reality check and get back to work and forget about any foundations.

The car, according to the report was brought to the junk yard in the morning. And someone thought it newsworthy enough to take pictures of the car being brought to the crusher. It was after the car had been crushed that SB from Fox did her story. So, I wonder who stood inside the building and took pictures that were apparently turned over ($) to Fox for their telecast. Probably the same person who called Fox to give them a story on the car in the first place.

I think the majority who post on WS know Caylee did not die in the swimming pool. It was the DT who made up this story, and CA and GA did not/have not said this is not true. BUT they did say Caylee was not in the car! The fact that this car has been destroyed (IF this is true) proves without a doubt that CA and GA knew all along that they knew Caylee was in this car. The fact that the pool has not been taken down proves CA and GA knew all along Caylee did not die in the pool. When we say why hasn't the pool been taken down, it's not because we believe Caylee died there, it's just those of us who are asking this are letting it be known we know Caylee died in the car. CA and GA need to just stop, nothing they can do will change the minds of those who know the truth. I believe CA and GA knew from the very beginning what happened to Caylee and I believe CA and GA knew who was responsible for what happened to Caylee.

My question would be why would Fox consider it important enough to cover, unless they were trying to save poor unsuspecting people from buying someone's white Pontiac on the pretense that it had once belonged to KC. Nah, scratch that. jmo

That right there is the bigger question.

Re the car being destroyed via the anthony's........

1. Gain publicity re upcoming interview w/ "dr" phil
2. They KNOW poor Caylee was in the car
3. Don't need money for selling the car.....

HOWEVER you don't destroy the pool that poor Caylee "allegedly" drowned in? You go home EVERYDAY (between jets to bahama's, california, texas etc) and see a constant reminder (the pool)? GMAFB

P.S. Don't bother destroying the pool now............WAY to late for that...........the car wasn't in your possession until recently, the pool has been since day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michelle177