George has Casey's car destroyed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week some posters attacked the A's because Lippman said there had been offers on the car. The A's were criticized, in advance, for selling the car to the highest bidder and people were outraged that the car would not be destroyed. Now that the car has been destroyed, which is exactly what people wanted, it's a publicity stunt, George is hiding evidence....blah, blah, blah.

George had 2 choices, sell the car or destroy it. Neither one would have saved him from being attacked. If George wanted to destroy evidence, the time to do it would have been when the car was originally towed, before LE got ahold of it. Not afterwards. If LE didn't get all the evidence contained in the car, that fail falls on them, not George. What was he supposed to do, store the car in case LE needed it sometime in the future, even though LE released it?

The problem is that they were actually even considering selling the car. Lippman even stated that such monies received would go to the "support the Anthonys fund". They could have junked the car several weeks ago. The Dr. Phil's interview gave that "'Anthony Fund" plenty of money. Heck, for all we know Dr. Phil might have even suggested/insisted junking that car, to make the airing of the upcoming interview more palatable .
The Anthonys do everything with an ulterior $$$ motive in mind. In this case good P.R . They will be asking for funds at the interview airing. And who knows, that intake could exceed the offers they have gotten to date for that car. Plenty of compassionate gullible people out there. JMO.

MOO MOO MOO ...

Hmmm ... this is very "TELLING" ...

This tells me the Anthony's KNOW that the "CAR" is where Caylee died ...

But they will NEVER admit to it ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

To me they just did admit it. As they say: Actions speak louder than words.

Chilly, my personal thoughts and ire with the A's have nothing to do with the act of destroying the car, it is that the cameras were rolling and it is a news item today. I do not personally believe GA did this to "destroy evidence." I personally believe this has to do with the A's going on Dr. Phil in a few weeks, and wanting to try to fix their image in the meantime as best as they can so they can get donations for their second foundation, where Lippmann has said they will draw salaries. They already have one foundation created and in operation, so why the need for the second one, other tham to create it more "creatively" for personal $$ for the A's, to be written off with creative accounting measures. But I digress. I do however think Lippmann "floats" things to the media to see how the general public will feel, monitoring comments on the MSM sites and also on websites like WS. I believe the idea was "floated" about selling the car, but when the response was highly negative from the public, the destruction was seen as the way to go, as the comments pretty much said the A's should destroy the car instead of selling it.

I have no idea what it would be like, nor would I ever want to know, what it is like to be in the A's shoes. I have gone back and forth in the past with sympathy for them, or anger toward them. My anger is based SOLELY on what I have seen them do over the full past 3 years, and I have been watching and listening this whole time. I have come to see that when my anger surfaces, it is about them trying to profit off of dead Caylee and how THEY put-out there their every move, when it benefits them monetarily, in the media. I agree with a few others who have said the car destruction has to do with trying to rehab their image so they can get donations for their new foundation resulting from their interview on the Dr. Phil Show.

I truly cannot say how I would have acted had the same thing happened to me that has happened to them, but I can surely say I would not have done most of the things they have done. They complain and complain about the "media" yet they are constantly putting themselves in that same media. They could have quietly had this car destroyed if they really wanted to, they would have found a way. IMO, MOO, etc.

Excellent post and a spot-on summation. :clap:

EXACTLY what I was going to say!!

Imma thinking I smell a motive.....

I'm thinking that the motive was Casey coming back to town to do probation and George not wanting to let her have the car. At least that's what I'm feeling.

The problem is that they were actually even considering selling the car. Lippman even stated that such monies received would go to the "support the Anthonys fund". They could have junked the car several weeks ago. The Dr. Phil's interview gave that "'Anthony Fund" plenty of money. Heck, for all we know Dr. Phil might have even suggested/insisted junking that car, to make the airing of the upcoming interview more palatable .
The Anthonys do everything with an ulterior $$$ motive in mind. In this case good P.R . They will be asking for funds at the interview airing. And who knows, that intake could exceed the offers they have gotten to date for that car. Plenty of compassionate gullible people out there. JMO.

True that the Anthonys do everything with an ulterior, self-serving motive, but considering the fact that their Dr. Phil appearance is burning up the social networking lines in a not-so-favorable way, I think the Anthonys are in for a reality check when it comes to people being gullible enough to donate to yet another ludicrous "foundation" of theirs. :rolleyes:

Funny how Karma works. Had they been the least bit honorable to Caylee before or after her death, they could have had the public eating out of the palm of their hands, but that never happened.

They will forever reap what they have sown.

Like I said, there is nothing they could have done that wouldn't get them attacked - should I say by people lacking compassion? No...that would be a personal attack, wouldn't it?

I imagine that there was discussion with Lippman about what to do with the car, especially with the offers coming in. How could there not be? Ultimately the decision was made to destroy the car, which is what the public wanted.

I really don't think Dr Phil was the least bit concerned with anything but getting the first interview with the A's. IMO, it's really far-fetched to think he addressed the issue of the car at all.

I'm thinking that the motive was Casey coming back to town to do probation and George not wanting to let her have the car. At least that's what I'm feeling.

Wow, I'm glad I didn't use this parenting technique with my kids. Instead of actually teaching them not to steal what isn't yours, I would have had to have destroyed mine and hub's cars each time they wanted to take it for a spin.

That could get real expensive over the years. :giggle:

It does serve to send a message to Casey, loud and clear. First, that they know Caylee's little body was in the car, and second, that they are done providing anything for Casey - she's on her own.

That George had the car crushed does not impress me. Is this supposed to show that George is some kind of a hero for getting rid of that ole stinky g...dam car. What of the family of the person whose body was in the trunk, and mistaken for George's granddaughter, don't they have a say on what happens to the car? Just more BS to talk to Dr. Phil about.

BBM - Ohhhh, what a brilliant, metaphoric question! :clap:

Heaven on earth knowing her parents are continuously blamed for her egregious behavior.

Casey was(allegedly), driving the car with the dead child in the trunk, not the A's. Casey knew her baby was rotting for over a month and never said a word, not the A's - and had it not been for Cindy, we might all be oblivious to anything being amiss at all.
i have to agree with this .. ever since this whole mess started its like cindy and george murdered caylee .. ya they tried to protect casey big whoop .. that thing is their daughter now if somehow they could have brought caylee back and alive i will bet casey would've been thrown right under the bus,, casey is the only alive reminder they had of caylee .. no parent wants to believe their child would do an evil thing ..so yeah they are gonna protect and defend her ..we may and yes i hate that they have done so too but it just makes me so mad to hear nasty things about them as if they did this to caylee ..we didnt lose caylee none of us even knew her they did lose her and they did love her .. that is what makes me angry none of us loved caylee as much as cindy and george did ..gimme a break now while i feel this way i do not think they should have gotten away with purgery .. i dont think they are above the law that is one part i do still think they should be punished for all of us wouldve been ..but look at the mistakes that were made too .. there were never 84 searches for chloroform what else were there mistakes on that the press got wrong .. we dont know exactly to every extent what has happened unless we know the anthonys personally . also i can relate to cindy because of my son .. now if he had ever had a child and killed her no i doubt i could lie however it hasnt ever happened to me id probably kill myself first because of the shame id have thinking what did i do to make him this way ??.. the state shouldnt have ever had the DP on the table without evidence that wasnt circumstantial the mere fact it was suggested may be why the Anthonys ever lied for casey in the first place they have been scared to death she was going to be killed too...i do think they did it blindly .. they knew something happened but not what had happened.. we dont know what casey told them im sure she played on the heart strings of her parents ..this is part of why i have trouble with this public hatred of them .. no matter what they did or said .. they did NOT kill caylee ..just having a daughter that would kill her own child is punishment enough ..imho ..

natsound I posted this earlier....in case you missed it?????

I think the majority who post on WS know Caylee did not die in the swimming pool. It was the DT who made up this story, and CA and GA did not/have not said this is not true. BUT they did say Caylee was not in the car! The fact that this car has been destroyed (IF this is true) proves without a doubt that CA and GA knew all along that they knew Caylee was in this car. The fact that the pool has not been taken down proves CA and GA knew all along Caylee did not die in the pool. When we say why hasn't the pool been taken down, it's not because we believe Caylee died there, it's just those of us who are asking this are letting it be known we know Caylee died in the car. CA and GA need to just stop, nothing they can do will change the minds of those who know the truth. I believe CA and GA knew from the very beginning what happened to Caylee and I believe CA and GA knew who was responsible for what happened to Caylee.

grammie, yes I saw it. You are quoted in my post.

bold by me... GA has indeed stated the pool theory is not true (to his best knowledge). Quoted by askfornina earlier in this thread:

Originally Posted by askfornina
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28008941/detail.html

"Less than an hour into George Anthony's questioning, the state asked him if he sexually abused Casey Anthony. He said no. He then denied knowing that Caylee drowned in the family pool on June 16, 2008.

George Anthony testified that he would have done anything to save his granddaughter. He said he had nothing to do with the disposal of Caylee's body."

i have to agree with this .. ever since this whole mess started its like cindy and george murdered caylee .. ya they tried to protect casey big whoop .. that thing is their daughter now if somehow they could have brought caylee back and alive i will bet casey would've been thrown right under the bus,, casey is the only alive reminder they had of caylee .. no parent wants to believe their child would do an evil thing ..so yeah they are gonna protect and defend her ..we may and yes i hate that they have done so too but it just makes me so mad to hear nasty things about them as if they did this to caylee ..we didnt lose caylee none of us even knew her they did lose her and they did love her .. that is what makes me angry none of us loved caylee as much as cindy and george did ..gimme a break now while i feel this way i do not think they should have gotten away with purgery .. i dont think they are above the law that is one part i do still think they should be punished for all of us wouldve been ..but look at the mistakes that were made too .. there were never 84 searches for chloroform what else were there mistakes on that the press got wrong .. we dont know exactly to every extent what has happened unless we know the anthonys personally . also i can relate to cindy because of my son .. now if he had ever had a child and killed her no i doubt i could lie however it hasnt ever happened to me id probably kill myself first because of the shame id have thinking what did i do to make him this way ??.. the state shouldnt have ever had the DP on the table without evidence that wasnt circumstantial the mere fact it was suggested may be why the Anthonys ever lied for casey in the first place they have been scared to death she was going to be killed too...i do think they did it blindly .. they knew something happened but not what had happened.. we dont know what casey told them im sure she played on the heart strings of her parents ..this is part of why i have trouble with this public hatred of them .. no matter what they did or said .. they did NOT kill caylee ..just having a daughter that would kill her own child is punishment enough ..imho ..

bold by me... bravo! Very well said. Thank you! :cheer:

Why not quietly donate the car to a worthwhile charity? Without fanfare, why not try to help any one of a number of worthwhile charities listed in the Orlando, Florida phone book?

Would it have taken any more time to call the Make A Wish Foundation than to call the local media and announce their action?

http://florida.wheelsforwishes.org/

Surely you jest. Considering the fact that Cindy couldn't stand to donate some cheap shoes in comparison to an estimated $3k car without alerting the media before and during the donation, why geeze, she would have had to have called in Marching Bands of America to perform had they donated the car!

The words "donate from the heart" and the Anthonys are strangers, unless of course it's incoming for their own personal benefit.

IF the destruction of the car had not been filmed and shown on the MSM news, then it wouldn't be long before people would be calling them liars, that they didn't really destroy the car. Kind of like the same people who think that Elvis is still alive, or that man did not really land on the Moon, or the Holocaust never happened.

Also, it would leave a rather large opening for some truly unscrupulous profiteer to find a similar car, tell the public that it is THE car and attempt to sell it, whether it is on eBay or whatever. The Anthonys did the absolute right thing, imo. And, it is a good thing it is on film.

Like I said, there is nothing they could have done that wouldn't get them attacked - should I say by people lacking compassion? No...that would be a personal attack, wouldn't it?

I imagine that there was discussion with Lippman about what to do with the car, especially with the offers coming in. How could there not be? Ultimately the decision was made to destroy the car, which is what the public wanted.

I really don't think Dr Phil was the least bit concerned with anything but getting the first interview with the A's. IMO, it's really far-fetched to think he addressed the issue of the car at all.

GA could have quietly driven it to some out of the way place where no one knows them ( like Pinellas county) and had it destroyed - then come back home.
Instead his Attorney sends it to a local wrecker and surprise surprise, it's in the news, on GA's favorite station...

Surely you jest. Considering the fact that Cindy couldn't stand to donate some cheap shoes in comparison to an estimated $3k car without alerting the media before and during the donation, why geeze, she would have had to have called in Marching Bands of America to perform had they donated the car!

The words "donate from the heart" and the Anthonys are strangers, unless of course it's incoming for their own personal benefit.

$3K seems highly inflated for a 1997 Pontiac! Can they claim the loss back on their taxes, or I wonder if they have claimed against their Insurance for that sum?

The problem is that they were actually even considering selling the car.

snipped

Were they ever actually considering that? From what I recall, the media speculated on ideas for the car, and suggested themselves about selling/donating the car. Lippman was asked about it, but I don't recall ever reading that the A's were considering selling it.

GA could have quietly driven it to some out of the way place where no one knows them ( like Pinellas county) and had it destroyed - then come back home.
Instead his Attorney sends it to a local wrecker and surprise surprise, it's in the news, on GA's favorite station...

Was this copied and pasted from earlier, I feel like I've read this before. If GA had quietly driven it out some place, he would have been accused of sneaking around.

An above ground pool adds ZERO resale value to a home in Florida. imoo
Without knowing the real estate market in Florida, I was going to add the very same thing. An in-ground pool might be different, but above ground pools are not very expensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member