George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin Discussion Thread #10 Mon. July 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Her reading ability has nothing to do with hearing as far as I know.
It will be a sad day when people are judged based only on the ability to read.
IMO

I think she's judged more on her attitude than anything else, especially if you know the past social media history of her. But I agree, we should stop talking about RJ.

IIRC, the PA who examined GZ after the fight called him "obese." He may have looked more fit than he does now but IMO that's probably because he is now morbidly obese. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Did you see the video GZ doing the re-enactment. He was not fat! He might be flabby, but not fat, at all!

Zuri, I think (based on the number of 911 calls in this area that someone linked to earlier) that the neighborhood was not especially safe. GZ had a cc permit and his weapon was licensed. I would speculate that he probably carried no matter where he was going and he was perfectly within his legal right to do so.

According to RJ's testimony, it would seem that TM doubled back to confront GZ and attacked him. Since he was the aggressor, he would be guilty of an assault so yes, I supposed he could/would have been arrested if the police had arrived sooner.

I don't recall RJ mentioning anything about TM doubling back. I remember her testimony as GZ caught up to TM in the back of the townhouse where he was staying. Could you please give me an idea where I might find a mention of TM doubling back in her testimony? Thank you.

I have another question about CCP. Do people who carry live in areas of high crime or because they like the security in knowing they can protect themselves? Is it more popular in certain areas of the country? I understand that LE carries 24/7. I just wondered about normal citizens. Again, no snark intended. I know zero about guns. TIA

So you think this witness is committing perjury? And why wouldn't he simply defend himself if he could?

Yes, I do. I don't know why GZ wouldn't. My guess is he thought he was shooting a ...... Criminal and would be given a medal. He probably would have except for that little business about TM not being one.

I am undecided on this case. I have some questions and I am not being snarky.
Why would you carry a gun to go grocery shopping?
Could GZ possibly put a hand on TM or attempted to grab his sweatshirt, subsequently arising in a fight? If so, who would be considered the aggressor?
How long after GZ NEN call did the police arrive?
If GZ did not have a gun, would this have been considered an "old fashioned butt whooping"? Would TM have been arrested?
Thank you for answering these questions. Please, no snark intended or welcomed. They are just questions I have.

well i have had the same questions - and i don't understand why GZ would carry a loaded gun w/ a bullet in the chamber and no safety on to target - and idk why and am afraid that gz might have been a tradegy waiting to happen

if gz put his hands on tm first, like grabbing his sweatshirt to subdue him, then gz is the agressor and tm was defending himself, and imo that what i think happened,

i bet w/ out a gun, it would just have ended up in a big lawsuit cuz gm was fighting w/ a minor - and w/ out the permission of the hoa - turns out hoa will be in a lot of trouble and will be ht w/ damages for not setting any rules or stopping the way the neighborhood watch program was being implemented - imo there were a bunch of articles about that this weekend

He was licensed to carry a gun. Why does his legally able to carry a gun used as an argument against him. Even I'm not a gun owner, but if he was within his rights, so be it. It shouldn't be a strike against him that he had and was able to carry a gun.

I'm a strong 2nd Ammendment advocate. I carry. Neighborhood Watch prefers you do not carry a weapon, for the same reason they don't want them in bars. The chances of it being used hastily and in a deadly manner are too great.

Did you see the video GZ doing the re-enactment. He was not fat! He might be flabby, but not fat, at all!

The day after the shooting, his physician noted he was " obese" in his medical chart.

IMHO

The day after the shooting, his physician noted he was " obese".

IMHO

Yes! I forgot that..

I think this guy is just saying.. Hey, IT helped him lose a little weight but he was not in fighting shape nor was he able to grasp this with expertise... OMO

I'm thinking it was part of a diet/exercise plan. Look how much smaller GZ was then, than now. And obviously, before, he was as heavy as now.
Question- has his attorneys stated what his weight was at the time of the incident?

260-280 pounds.

BUT.... He doesn't deny killing Trayvon... he has to prove that it was self defense, just like JA had to (failed to), right? JA had to prove self defense if she were to get acquitted, because there was no doubt she killed Travis, correct? Is the law different in Florida? It might be, I'm curious.

Was it ever proven black males were doing the break ins? As in caught the perps? Or did he just assume it was black males? I can't recall.

Big difference is that JA killed and ran and then lied about it.

ZM called 911 before, begged his neighbor for help when he was getting pounded on, and then waited for the police to show and FULLY cooperated with the police at which point it was decided NOT to press charges.

As far as was it rumor that black males were breaking into houses, I know in one case there was an arrest and in another case it was a home intrusion with a mother and child in the home. Those perps would certainly have descriptions yet perhaps that is "inadmissible" like most everything else the defense wants?

IMO.

He was licensed to carry a gun. Why does his legally able to carry a gun used as an argument against him. Even I'm not a gun owner, but if he was within his rights, so be it. It shouldn't be a strike against him that he had and was able to carry a gun.

IMO: I think there are those who, much like the JAII people, will grasp at any straw - no matter how far fetched or lacking in fact, evidence, logic or reason - to support what they want to believe about GZ.

Attention Please!

Could we PLEASE stop talking about Ms. Jenteel! Now!

There is to be no sleuthing of witnesses.

TIA for your cooperation,
fran

I agree. He didn't look fat to me either, perhaps he wears it well. But the PA testified that he was "obese." If that's not what she said, someone please correct me. JMO. OMO. MOO.

I have another question about CCP. Do people who carry live in areas of high crime or because they like the security in knowing they can protect themselves? Is it more popular in certain areas of the country? I understand that LE carries 24/7. I just wondered about normal citizens. Again, no snark intended. I know zero about guns. TIA

the people i know in places like texas where it is legal the carry a concealed gun w/ out a permit, they all carry now, because as my cousin told me, you have to assume every one has a gun on them now and he carries it all the time for security - imo

Sounds good to me. Seriously, what would you want him to do?

Don't know. I cannot fight, I own a gun that I do know how to use. I have never considered carrying it to the grocery store. There are many establishments with a sign on the door that prohibits weapons inside the store.

I am a licensed gun owner and I live in a very high crime urban area. I purchased my weapons for home defense but I would definitely carry if I could. Unfortunately, it's not legal where I live.

I live in a town of 650 people. There is literally no crime here and a ton of people still carry a weapon at all times. They just like to, I think, and it is their right.

-----------------

I feel kind of bad for GZ during this. The guy is making him sound like a Pillsbury Doughboy who could barely manage to roll himself about town.

*Still think Zimmerman is not guilty under Florida law.

*back to lurkdom.

MOO. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members