George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #11 Tues. July 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Stand your ground" governs U.S. federal case law in which right of self-defense is asserted against a charge of criminal homicide. The Supreme Court of the United States ruled in Beard v. U.S. (158 U.S. 550 (1895)) that a man who was "on his premises" when he came under attack and "...did not provoke the assault, and had at the time reasonable grounds to believe, and in good faith believed, that the deceased intended to take his life, or do him great bodily harm...was not obliged to retreat, nor to consider whether he could safely retreat, but was entitled to stand his ground."[2][3]

that's the Castle Doctrine. The Florida law SYG applies anywhere you have the right to be. jmo

These head wounds are getting really out of control. The Doctor is getting embarrassed. IMO

because??????????????????????

any reasons you might share, other than

imo

something that might be responded to. cause all i can say about imo

is that everyone has one

its not admissible in court. imo

Yes. There are some people that cvlaim TM was on drank/sizzurp/... no way to tell without seeing the full toxicology report.

Yup. And quite possibly going home to make some more, with the stuff he purchased at the 7-11 (why else would someone go out in the dark, pouring rain and walk a mile). If there is a full tox report, it would show up as nothing but cold medicine, maybe that's why it hasn't been brought up - it's next to impossible to prove. All IMO.

"Stand your ground" governs U.S. federal case law in which right of self-defense is asserted against a charge of criminal homicide. The Supreme Court of the United States ruled in Beard v. U.S. (158 U.S. 550 (1895)) that a man who was "on his premises" when he came under attack and "...did not provoke the assault, and had at the time reasonable grounds to believe, and in good faith believed, that the deceased intended to take his life, or do him great bodily harm...was not obliged to retreat, nor to consider whether he could safely retreat, but was entitled to stand his ground."[2][3]

This case has nothing to do with STAND YOUR GROUND. This is not a SYG case. No application here.

OMO

That is not actually concussion protocol. They are allowed to sleep and often don't need to be awakened even..

Based on ER advice and my own concussions.. :)

My son slammed his head into a pole while on a bike and I woke him every 2 hours with a flashlight to check his pupil dialation. I couldn't sleep if I hadn't. The force of impact split the skin on his ear, and he had a massive headache.

Natasha Richardson had died about a week prior so.....hey, I'm a Mom! ;)

That is not actually concussion protocol. They are allowed to sleep and often don't need to be awakened even..

Based on ER advice and my own concussions.. :)

Actually, it is advised that the patient be awakened every 2 hours during the night and have their neuro status checked. IMPO

I have only been able to read the docs and watch bits and pieces of the trial so far - so I wonder if some kind member can tell me if this has been discussed and what the answer was?

So there is George on the sidewalk having head pounded and fearing for his life - so he manages to get his gun out and shoot TM in the heart.

So are assuming George pushed TM off of him, got up, holstered his gun and started to pace back and forth - I believe that was witness and GZ testimony.

What I don't understand is how did TM's body get some 10 o 15 feet away from the sidewalk lying face down with his hands underneath. Because didn't GZ say he didn't check to see if TM was still alive?

Or have I missed that explanation? Thanks in advance....

yes its very scary. this is a political case IMO, complete with Obama basically giving his opinion. i suggest you Youtube angela corey's press conference when she announced the charges, it was the most disturbing thing, you will be shocked if you haven't seen it already.

IMO, there is so much reasonable doubt because the prosecution doesn't have a case, and if they do its a very weak one. No wonder Attorney Corey didn't want this to go to a grand jury.

IMO, if all emotions are put aside and everyone looked only at the facts, there would be no way a conviction could be possible. If there's not an outright aquittal then i predict a hung jury. but again thats JMO.

I don't believe I have seen this press conference before, so I'm watching right now. I'm about 5 minutes in and I have to say, the delivery is a bit cheery for the subject matter. It sounds like she is about to announce the winner of a pie-baking contest.

IMO

And if TM had been arrested as GZ's killer, there would have been no national publicity IMO.

Bolded by me.
You're right because he would have been arrested, investigated, and tried without any political push or publicity to find out why a man was dead.
He would not have assumed to be "standing his ground" by police and sent home.

Do any of the posters here believe that it is always wrong to kill, for any reason? I'm not suggesting that the pro-prosecution folks believe that, just asking if anyone here does. I saw a person-on-the-street interview where several folks stated just that. "Well, they'll just have to kill me, then."

Personally, I'm anti-gun and I am glad I did not have a way to defend myself when I was attacked. The fear was so overwhelming that I probably would have shot my attacker if I had a gun on me (granted, if they didn't wrestle it away from me as I'm not physically strong). That is how intense the terror is when your head is being slammed into a hard surface. Which is why I believe GZ acted in self defense and is not guilty of murder. JMO. OMO. MOO.

I believe TM was beating on GZ as shown by the evidence.
The frustration I'm having is that no one can testify to what happened PRIOR to this altercation. We will never know if GZ made TM fear for HIS life and that is why he was beating him. The only one who can testify to that is dead.
My other frustration is that if GZ would have just left TM alone, TM would have gone home, shared the skittles with his little brother and gone on with the life God had created him to have.
TM wasn't out "looking" for trouble that night but GZ certainly was.

and before you say this is only my opinion.. GZ was on the neighborhood watch.. his JOB is to "look" for trouble.
IMO Trayvon was NOT

Ok Doc, were any of these 6 wounds on GZ's head life threatening?
Can't wait to here the paid in advance response to this.
IMO

Personally, I'm anti-gun and I am glad I did not have a way to defend myself when I was attacked. The fear was so overwhelming that I probably would have shot my attacker if I had a gun on me (granted, if they didn't wrestle it away from me as I'm not physically strong). That is how intense the terror is when your head is being slammed into a hard surface. Which is why I believe GZ acted in self defense and is not guilty of murder. JMO. OMO. MOO.

So you are willing to die in order not to kill, or no?

GZ is not invoking a SYG defense.

This prosecutor is not off to a great start..

I wish they could get something that would help their case but they seem to go after silly things to try and negate the witnesses... even their own..

OMO

THE ME is only to find the cause of death and manner of death.. Not investigate the crime...

OMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member