George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #11 Tues. July 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe TM was beating on GZ as shown by the evidence.
The frustration I'm having is that no one can testify to what happened PRIOR to this altercation. We will never know if GZ made TM fear for HIS life and that is why he was beating him. The only one who can testify to that is dead.
My other frustration is that if GZ would have just left TM alone, TM would have gone home, shared the skittles with his little brother and gone on with the life God had created him to have.
TM wasn't out "looking" for trouble that night but GZ certainly was.

I'm pretty sure, IMO, that anyone involved in Neighborhood Watch looks for trouble. They are on the look out for trouble. That's what they do.

With 30 years of ER experience and a doctor husband, I was relaying my professional experience and opinion. I would rather err on the side of caution wouldn't you? JMV

Not always. Information changes as does protocols all the time. We saw a neurologist. WE had cat scans. We were given a page of what to do. It said the patient could in fact sleep.

Going to post OMO because I don't have that information sheet to post.

This case has nothing to do with STAND YOUR GROUND. This is not a SYG case. No application here.

OMO

Trayvon had a right to SYG, it was posted in reference to a reply to my previous post that Trayvon couldn't defend himself with force just because a strange man with a gun was chasing him with his truck and on foot...so yeah it does.

I like this Forensic pathologists manner.

He seems straight forward.

OMO

So you are willing to die in order not to kill, or no?

Pretty much.

The exception is my family. I would kill for them in a NY minute if someone was attacking or threatening them with deadly force. Weird, I know.

The information I heard on telly regarding the Jury members, leads me to believe they are stacked against the Prosecution, to a degree I've never seen in another case. IMO

One single Juror alone has three strikes against TM...Her husband is a lawyer, she used to be a security guard, just like Zimmerman, and also like Zimmerman, she had a permit to carry a concealed weapon. IMO she can identify with GZ AND since there's no AA jurors, no one can identify with TM. Talk about stacked against the Victrim !!!!
IMO

Both sides picked the jury. If the prosecution didn't like her, they could have challenged and had her excused.

Do any of the posters here believe that it is always wrong to kill, for any reason? I'm not suggesting that the pro-prosecution folks believe that, just asking if anyone here does. I saw a person-on-the-street interview where several folks stated just that. "Well, they'll just have to kill me, then."
My personal religious belief mandates that I turn the other cheek. That doesn't mean I should not resist and confront evil, but I strive to do so by non-violent means. The ultimate judgment as to who will live and who will die is above my reckoning. IMHO

This prosecutor is not off to a great start..

I wish they could get something that would help their case but they seem to go after silly things to try and negate the witnesses... even their own..

OMO

IMO.. this prosecution has not done a good job at all

The frustration I'm having is that no one can testify to what happened PRIOR to this altercation. We will never know if GZ made TM fear for HIS life and that is why he was beating him. The only one who can testify to that is dead.
My other frustration is that if GZ would have just left TM alone, TM would have gone home, shared the skittles with his little brother and gone on with the life God had created him to have.

and before you say this is only my opinion.. GZ was on the neighborhood watch.. his JOB is to "look" for trouble.
IMO Trayvon was NOT

I have a hard time taking any opinion seriously when it includes a reference to the pr narrative that was put out by the family and their attorney. Chad was no relation whatsoever to Trayvon. He is the child of Tracy's girlfriend. And, for the record, there's no doubt in my mind that Trayvon did not walk a mile in the rain just to get Skittles for Chad. Maybe as an excuse, but not as a purpose. jmo

and before you say this is only my opinion.. GZ was on the neighborhood watch.. his JOB is to "look" for trouble.
IMO Trayvon was NOT

You can say this about anything though. And it is opinion that GZ getting out of his car caused TM to lose his life because we don't know the circumstances when they came together. I can say the same thing about how leaving a gun out in the open in a house where a kid shoots himself or someone else is the fault of the gun owner because he created the situation of having the gun out, but nobody gets prosecuted for that, because there is no law to keep your gun locked up, just like there is no law to get out of your car and walk in your neighborhood. There's not even a law against asking someone 'who they are'.

There are a lot of posts again missing the IMO MOO and JMO..

We can do it guys!! Please remember! I am so enjoying the company with this trial!!!

I learn something new each day!!

I have only been able to read the docs and watch bits and pieces of the trial so far - so I wonder if some kind member can tell me if this has been discussed and what the answer was?

So there is George on the sidewalk having head pounded and fearing for his life - so he manages to get his gun out and shoot TM in the heart.

So are assuming George pushed TM off of him, got up, holstered his gun and started to pace back and forth - I believe that was witness and GZ testimony.

What I don't understand is how did TM's body get some 10 o 15 feet away from the sidewalk lying face down with his hands underneath. Because didn't GZ say he didn't check to see if TM was still alive?

Or have I missed that explanation? Thanks in advance....
I think these questions are still unanswered. :moo:

Okay so now we know TM was on top of GZ, pummeling him. What more evidence do we need that this was self defense? What a joke this is becoming. I give the prosecution credit, they tried hard to make this something it wasn't...but ultimately they have failed imo.

Bolded by me.
You're right because he would have been arrested, investigated, and tried without any political push or publicity to find out why a man was dead.
He would not have assumed to be "standing his ground" by police and sent home.

You bet and his blood and urine would have been tested..not the blood of his dearly departed victim. IMO

Not always. Information changes as does protocols all the time. We saw a neurologist. WE had cat scans. We were given a page of what to do. It said the patient could in fact sleep.

Going to post OMO because I don't have that information sheet to post.

Glad your kids were ok. Not here to debate this. What I posted is standard ER protocol and instructions. Even as of today. If you retread my post, it is recommended that you wake the patient up q 2 hours to do neuro checks for the first night. Again, not debating this. JMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serge