George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Guy going guns blazing against this witness = not smart IMO.

Absolutely. She's certainly a sympathetic character - a young mother cowering in her house holding a rusty pair of scissors to defend herself.

Prosecution needs to get her off the stand.

IMHO

Refresh my memory.

Bernie brought up twitter with Jenna Lauer (I think it was her, but definitely female neighbor). He didn't understand the difference between follows and suggestions and basically accused her of having a twitter relationship with Robert Zimmerman, Jr. She had never tweeted or followed him. In fact, she had either no or one tweet on her acccount ever. It was embarrassing, but I'm sure Bernie's accustomed to that by now. jmo

GZ went to her house 20 times, brought her a lock etc...

Yet, he didn't know the name of the street? I call BS. JMO

More neighbors testified they did not know the street where he parked. IT is apparently not clear where some start and some begin.

I must commend the Defense team. Despite what I consider to be outrageous behavior on the part of the judge (IMO) by demanding that the defendant decide immediately upon her insistence (even after the Defense had indicated to the Court that they had not concluded their case) whether or not he plans to testify, the defense attorneys have managed to carry on, and are trying to do their best to defend their client in what is (IMO) a case presided over by a biased judge.

MOO

The Judge did nothing of the sort - she insisted it was Zimmerman she wanted an answer from -not the Defense - and got annoyed because the Defense kept interrupting her even when she'd told them to be quiet. She also said - he didn't have to answer the question now - and she would ask him again.

The only person who was out of line here was the Defense. not the Judge's problem is they don't want Zimmerman to speak because they don't know what he is going to say....IMO

Wow, she's powerful for the defense.

IMHO

Why? It proves GZ knew the street, was profiling people walking towards the back, and knew the people who did the home invasion had already been arrested. I don't think they could have called her. It was good for the prosecution IMO.

More neighbors testified they did not know the street where he parked. IT is apparently not clear where some start and some begin.
Three streets in the neighborhood and after a few years of patrolling and you don't know where you are, I find that questionable. IMO

Respectfully snipped

To me, GZ's other actions do not matter as much, except the one shot that ended TM's life. To be fair to TM, he is entitled to a thorough investigation, to determine if he was indeed coldly killed, and if it happened so, to seek justice for his murderer and to rest TM's soul. It's what we as a society owe to an innocent among us who is killed, as any of us or our loved ones could be the next innocent.

:

I agree that a thorough investigation is in order. If Mr. Martin ambushed Mr. Zimmerman, and tried to do him grievous bodily harm, and GZ defended himself in the only way that could be effective of someone who did not have a hope against someone the size and stamina (because of his youth) of TM, then a fair outcome would be to acquit George Zimmerman, in my opinion.

It has been repeatedly testified to that GZ was not very fit or athletic, nor was he particularly good at defending himself. If Mr. Martin attacked him by coming at George in the dark, punching him, bashing his head repeatedly into the concrete, while he was sitting astride Mr. Zimmerman, George may have had no other choice than to shoot him in order to escape, in my opinion.

If George Zimmerman is innocent, which I believe he is, he deserves to be acquitted, omo.

If it was found that he killed Trayvon Martin with malice aforethought, then he should be found guilty, and the highest penalty given. As I've said before, I'm not a death penalty person, but if I thought that GZ killed TM maliciously, I'd be all for stringing him up!

What we're looking for are the facts, as close as we can get them, and a fair trial. :twocents:

Except he was already home and went back out looking for GZ as per testimony from RJ. He was home and hung up. Then she calls him back and he is breathing heavy and GZ is still back at T area and that is where the fight ensues..

That means that TM went out to find GZ.. Not the other way around..

GZ is walking at that T, The sidewalk.. He had never left.

Is that a crime?

Why? It proves GZ knew the street, was profiling people walking towards the back, and knew the people who did the home invasion had already been arrested. I don't think they could have called her. It was good for the prosecution IMO.

in my opinion, she set the stage for the neighborhood's justified mindset of fear.

GZ isn't just some crazy person perceiving danger where there is none - he's thinking of this young mother who was terrified, justifiably.

IMHO

I don't see why the defense objects to this info coming in - it's good for the defense, IMHO.

Agreed. Looks like they don't know what they're doing. Trying to overrule a Judge isn't done...she was protecting the Basic Rights of the person charged with 2nd Degree Murder....this is the second time Judge Nelson has advised GZ of his right to testify...She is very patient. IMO

Except he was already home and went back out looking for GZ as per testimony from RJ. He was home and hung up. Then she calls him back and he is breathing heavy and GZ is still back at T area and that is where the fight ensues..

That means that TM went out to find GZ.. Not the other way around..

GZ is walking at that T, The sidewalk.. He had never left.

GZ wasn't back at his car either, what was he doing at the T after he hung up from NE dispatcher? He had plenty of time to get back to his car, he, too was looking for TM, IMO. He was the one who pursued TM from the get go, not the other way around.

This witness sounds emotional. She must feel for Zimmerman.
Or ya think maybe she's emotional because she's having to remember holding her baby in her arms as her house was being invaded?

in my opinion, she set the stage for the neighborhood's justified mindset of fear.

GZ isn't just some crazy person perceiving danger where there is none - he's thinking of this young mother who was terrified, justifiably.

IMHO

I agree. Her voice was quivering, as a woman, like the jury, that touched me.

I agree. Unless he had a loaded gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems to me that GZ felt a much bigger man knowing he had a loaded firearm on his person. Sort of like when he walked his big dog while on his NW "Patrol." and when he sprayed neighborhood children with a hose when they were riding bicycles by his house. I don't have sites for this information reported by neighbors, so IMO.
I also think he suffers from "Short man syndrome." He's much taller in his own mind when he's armed. IMO

The Judge did nothing of the sort - she insisted to the Defense - that it was a response from Mr. Zimmerman she wanted and got annoyed because the Defense kept interrupting her even when she'd told them to be quiet. She also said - he didn't have to answer the question now - and she would ask him again.

The only person who was out of line here was the Defense....IMO

Per proper protocol, the judge can ask that question only *after* the defense is completed. And per every citizens *constitutional right* they have a *right* to confer with their attorney, always. That's why it's standard in ones Miranda rights. A judge can't interfere with an accused right to confer with their attorney. PERIOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch