George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't wish to be disrespectful, but from what I've observed and heard of GZ throughout entire proceedings, he doesn't appear present at his own trial.

I think he's scared out of his mind. IMO.

Mark Nejame is not able to honestly evaluate Judge Nelson's performance, because he has to appear before her again in the future. He can't crititcize her behaviour in fear of ticking her off. IMO

Refresh my memory.

RE: Twitter. The prosecutor told/accused Lauer (sp) of following Zimmerman Brothers Twitter account (and thereby implying she was sympathetic to Zimmerman).

She kept saying she has never tweeted and doesn't know how to use Twitter. It turned out Zimmerman's Brother was following HER empty twitter page and she had nothing to do with it!

Will say IMO since I didn't look up and copy/paste the actual court transcript.

GZ went to her house 20 times, brought her a lock etc...

Yet, he didn't know the name of the street? I call BS. JMO

with all due respect I do not know the name of the cross street 1/2 block from my house. I have lived here for 7 years.

I suggest if you ask 10 people the names of the streets closest to where they live, some will not be able to.

A fair trial has been made impossible by this judge. I hope Karma will step in and do the right thing in spite of her. IMO

I just heard Olivia Bertalan's testimony. What a frightening experience! A baby in one arm, a pair of rusty scissors in the other, to defend herself against two males that had just broken into her home.

I'm not sure if GZ knew about this break-in, but I believe he did. That knowledge would make me extra-vigilant about people hanging out in neighborhood front yards. I would not want my family being subjected to basically what amounts to terror, and would call the dispatcher myself, and follow his instructions, in the same situation.

People have a right to protect themselves in their own neighborhoods, with whatever force is necessary, in my opinion.

Is this a gated community? I thought I'd seen that, and it's seems like the most dangerous gated community I've ever heard of, if it's true!

If GZ is telling the truth and has nothing to hide he should want to take the stand in his own defense.

Right, and where his truck was parked cleary showed the address so going looking for an address is bogus statement IMO

It was a dark and rainy night. Many people have problems seeing in the dark.
JMO
:stormingmad:

Three streets in the neighborhood and after a few years of patrolling and you don't know where you are, I find that questionable. IMO

There are probably 40 little streets in my neighborhood of 10 years. I couldn't name 90% of them. I can tell you the name of my street and the nearest cross street. That's it.

But, I could drive you straight to a number of neighbors homes. No idea of their addresses or street name. Heck, I can't tell you the name of the street my sister or parents live on! lol TRUE.

Actually when you know a neighborhood, you usually just know landmarks or houses and no need to learn street names. I know exactly where things are but couldn't tell you street names. I think most of us are that way. So there is no BS....

There are only 3 streets. He made 47 reports to LE. He knew the street names. Regardless, LE did not ask him to find out the street name, as he said in his every changing story. Now, we know he believed the criminals were coming in through the back...which is where he headed. I'm so glad they called the last witness. JMO

Actually when you know a neighborhood, you usually just know landmarks or houses and no need to learn street names. I know exactly where things are but couldn't tell you street names. I think most of us are that way. So there is no BS....

A dear friend of mine is the manager of a gated luxury apartment complex. I've driven into the complex - to her apartment, to her office in the clubhouse, to the pool - hundreds of times over the past five years.

I know the name of ONE street in the complex, because it is my friend's mailing address. But I still don't know if that street name in her address is the street south of her apartment or the one north of her apartment, since her front door actually faces south.

The streets I drive in the complex - I have no idea what they're called. And neither does her son, who has lived there since 2007.

Doesn't change a thing. She and her baby were victims of intruders and thieves. The fact that she talked about this home invasion by tweets, or on tv, or to anyone is pretty understandable. Most people who have been traumatized DO talk about it. It helps them feel like they're not alone and they can "talk it out" to help deal with the feelings of helplessness and wrestle some control over it not happening again.

I agree with you now that I've seen her testify, actually :)

WOW on yesterday night...just watched it. Prosecution withheld Trayvon's phone information for 6 months???

The Judge did nothing of the sort - she insisted it was Zimmerman she wanted an answer from -not the Defense - and got annoyed because the Defense kept interrupting her even when she'd told them to be quiet. She also said - he didn't have to answer the question now - and she would ask him again.

The only person who was out of line here was the Defense. not the Judge's problem is they don't want Zimmerman to speak because they don't know what he is going to say....IMO

You got in one..And now, I hope they don't want us to really believe that GZ thought the Solitary TM was the TWO AA guys who broke into that young woman's house. The defense's agressive desperation and seeming ignorance of the Law isn't helping GZ. IMO

In my area, breakins are done by many different sorts of people...not all white nor black or Asian or Latino et al....I think it's the same in Florida.IMO

IMO

I think he's scared out of his mind. IMO.

with good reason considering the forces massed against him, including the state, the mass media, and powerful interest groups who have been inflamed by the first two. (and, imo, the judge)

anyone in his situation should be scared.

All this proves to me is that GZ cared about his neighbors. That he was a good neighbor and involved in the neighborhood.

This case has completely fallen apart for me. I listen to each witness hoping that state is going to make some point that proves their case. But they do not. They seem to personally attack the witnesses, even their own and then make nonsense out of it.

I wanted so much to see proof that GZ killed TM with some kind of willfullness.

I don't see it.

I wanted to.. But I don't.

Wasn't Tracey Martin and his fiancé a neighbor too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member