George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked the gym site. There is no mention of GZ on the home page. When you go to that link you get a form to fill out to request information on the training he received and it says that they will provide info after the trial. I don't believe that this is the gym trying to profit off of the case at all. I do believe it is them trying to fend off all of the folks seeking info. IMO All kinds of people call for all kinds of info related to big investigations.

My dad received a request for info on his involvement in the Billings case just a few weeks ago and that murder was 4 years ago yesterday and the assailants have all been to trial and convicted already.

You just never know how many requests for info are coming in and what people want to know for.

JMOO
I wonder if the prosecution filled out that form on the website? There has to be more to this because it's taking a long time.

WFTV online just said that the Donnelly issue isn't over. The judge said they will take it up later on today. Hmm...

I don't think it has been discussed with the Judge. But I think the media may have jumped the gun by posting the information. Mr. Donnelly was in the courtroom 26/27 of June and he was not issued a subpoena (sp) until 7-4.

JMO

I think the prosecution withholding evidence was totally WRONG. I was not happy with the prosecution in this case at all.
But, I think Judge Nelson has been fair. She is no nonsense and I like that.

Which program exactly was Zimmerman enrolled in?

They mentioned it during the trial. It was called "Learn without getting hit." It's listed on the gym website.

I admit, I snicked a little when I heard the name. It just sounded so "wussy" to me.

I don't like that the gym used this. I think it is so not in good taste. But I also don't see an issue with it. I think that maybe it could be as someone suggested a reply to media requests but still dumb in my opinion.

Restraining orders granted convinced a judge there was.
Here you have to tun in any firearms when one us granted against you until it lapses.
Are the restraining orders lapsed?
Generally speaking (I do not know how FL hands it) a temporary restraining order is issued followed by a hearing. If both parties appear, their testimony goes on record and the judge either dismisses the matter or grants the restraining order. Again, based on my former employment, these restraining orders lapse after a time (6 month to 1 year). If either party stills feels threatened, they request a renewal and there is another hearing to see if the order should be extended. :twocents:

Pundits are exclaiming they've never seen a " self-defense case ' where the defendant does NOT testify. Mmmmm
May have verdict tomorrow. IMO

After reading some of Florida's laws online, I found that killing a person under the age of 18 seems to carry a higher penalty....as in the killing of a child.IMO

~bbm

I find this so ironic, since if the shoe had been on the other foot, Trayvon would almost certainly have been tried as an adult ala 12 year old Cristian Fernandez, by this very same special prosecutor.

The pundits probably also have never seen this weak a prosecution before, so maybe what they're saying is true.

jmo

But couldn't the training be about LOSING WEIGHT?

Obviously the 'fight' training wasn't helpful because he needed a gun, and not hsi martial arts training.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I heard Nancy G. blathering in righteous indignation last night.

I believe there was a lot of public interest in the training program because of Zimmerman's rapid weight loss, and not because all the people want to be a "1 on a scale of 1 to 10" in terms of MMA skillz.

Jiminey, there's a huge band wagon with public sentiment. I'm about to turn off Nancy Grace and most of HLN if they don't try to look at 2 sides.

And I was infuriated that Dr. Drew would bring back a commentator that would use racial slurs against another black woman, calling her an *insert name of famous black and white cookie*.

Either racial slurs are wrong, or right. But it must be the same litmus for EVERYBODY!

IMO - it does. This guy trained GZ in MMA, he testified in court that after a year or so of training, GZ was "soft". I didn't believe it for one second. This trainers testimony was bias in my opinion. It has everything to do with this trial. GZ is trying to come off as weak, meek and not aggressive, not a fighter. Now, the guy is promoting the Zimmerman fighting package. :twocents:
May we have a link, please, to his testimony where he says he trained GZ in MMA?

wonder if a judgement has ever been reversed due to the demeanor of the judge?

if was a floridian i would be ashamed.

come to think of it i was born in florida.

but its been awhile.

BBM. That's not really quite fair to say, IMO. I (no one) should not feel ashamed for anything that I (they) PERSONALLY had no part in and I, IN NO WAY, had any part in this judge's demeanor.

They claim to be the most comprehensive Fight Gym in the world...GZ took fight training, with the hope of losing weight, or so they say. IMO They are in the Fight Training business, if you look at their website...not a weight loss business.IMO

Not according to their website:

well as those just looking for self defense and/or functional fitness training. We offer bio-mechanically correct training that has been scientifically tested and competition proven. We take pride in ensuring that ALL of our students develop solid fundamentals in the discipline(s) of their choice. Refreshingly, for those just wanting to get in shape, competing is NOT a requirement

I don't like that the gym used this. I think it is so not in good taste. But I also don't see an issue with it. I think that maybe it could be as someone suggested a reply to media requests but still dumb in my opinion.

I think the only thing irresponsible is how vague they are about it, leaving room for it to be misinterpreted. But perhaps they didn't realize it could be perceived as something it's not, either way?

IMO, the gym owner's previous testimony has been given more weight than it deserves.

I don't think this is at all pertinent to the case. .

They just want to impeach him and it can not.. It says nothing about what the man testified to.

Not according to their website:

well as those just looking for self defense and/or functional fitness training. We offer bio-mechanically correct training that has been scientifically tested and competition proven. We take pride in ensuring that ALL of our students develop solid fundamentals in the discipline(s) of their choice. Refreshingly, for those just wanting to get in shape, competing is NOT a requirement

Really? Check it out!
http://www.kogym.com/zimmerman.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members