George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO - it does. This guy trained GZ in MMA, he testified in court that after a year or so of training, GZ was "soft". I didn't believe it for one second. This trainers testimony was bias in my opinion. It has everything to do with this trial. GZ is trying to come off as weak, meek and not aggressive, not a fighter. Now, the guy is promoting the Zimmerman fighting package. :twocents:

It is NOT the FIGHTING package, it is a TRAINING package. I assumed it was weight training. He successfully lost 80 lbs.

His fighting was nothing to be proud of because he was losing the fight. That is why he used the gun.

IMO - it does. This guy trained GZ in MMA, he testified in court that after a year or so of training, GZ was "soft". I didn't believe it for one second. This trainers testimony was bias in my opinion. It has everything to do with this trial. GZ is trying to come off as weak, meek and not aggressive, not a fighter. Now, the guy is promoting the Zimmerman fighting package. :twocents:
Your idea of "promoting" and my idea must be different. I work in marketing for a small business, and if I were marketing the "Zimmerman Package", it would be all over my company's website and specifically reference it as some sort of self-defense package that works or whatever marketing spin I can put on it.

It's an obscure link only seen at the bottom of the page, with a form asking only for a name and e-mail address... And says you will receive information about the training Zimmerman received. It's not "find out how you can get the same training!" It's not "See the training he received and find out how to get your own!" It's not "For the low low price of $x.xx, you can get the Zimmerman training package!"

It appears to be a single point of contact for people requesting information on Zimmerman's training. It's been consistently reported in the media that Zimmerman was this big MMA expert, and he was just on the witness stand for the world to see. I would anticipate getting a lot of requests about a high-profile case if I were in his shoes, too. Nothing wrong with making it easier to send out this information.

:twocents:

While my heart agrees with you, my mind says that Americans have been taking their grievances to the streets for many years. I remember reading a book about our history of rioting going back to colonial times when I was in high school. That book is out of print today, but there are several more listed on Amazon for anyone interested.
So, IMO, if this verdict does elicit violence in the streets (and I pray God it does not), we owe it to ourselves to try and understand why. It will not be about GZ or TM or anybody else. It will be because our trials (like our legislatures) hold up a mirror reflecting back images we may not like. The fury that overflows during these times is no different than George's frustration with the system. The difference is the rage is multiplied hundreds, maybe thousands of times. If the trial seems fair and the verdict just, we the people may grumble or cheer. But, if enough people feel that the trial was not fair and the verdict does not deliver enough justice, then the aggrieved may feel so disenfranchised they will rise up to get their voices heard.
Again, this is only the opinion of one old woman (me) who has seen these scenes far too many times.

Yes, but in recent times it appears to just be a reason to loot and destroy. IMO, many rioters don't even know *why* they're rioting. The media fans the flames with their biased reporting, and people who don't follow the trial closely only know what is told to them.

IMO, our society isn't happy anymore with just defeating their opponent, they must destroy them. I don't see a bright future for our species. :twocents:

But couldn't the training be about LOSING WEIGHT?

Obviously the 'fight' training wasn't helpful because he needed a gun, and not hsi martial arts training.

Actually, many of us are asking, did he really *need* a gun after less than 2 minutes upon his encounter with TM? That is the crux of the matter. IMO :facepalm:

If I was a neighbourwood watch leader unofficially or not, I'd be sure to know my neighbourhood including the names of the streets. That's basic knowledge IMO.

are you saying that GZ knew the names, and you think that because of what you would know?

I'm a retired pilot. I wouldn't have crashed my plane short of the runway in sfo.

so what.

WFTV online just said that the Donnelly issue isn't over. The judge said they will take it up later on today. Hmm...

But couldn't the training be about LOSING WEIGHT?

Obviously the 'fight' training wasn't helpful because he needed a gun, and not hsi martial arts training.

They claim to be the most comprehensive Fight Gym in the world...GZ took fight training, with the hope of losing weight, or so they say. IMO They are in the Fight Training business, if you look at their website...not a weight loss business.IMO

Theres not going to be a problem on i4. If you ever drove on it u would know a bad guy would never get off in one piece, its bumper to bumper with thousands of cars on it. IMO

I live here in Orlando and respectfully disagree with your opinion of I-4 and whether or not there will be/could be serious issues on it/with it. Traffic varies greatly throughout the early morning, morning, afternoon, evening and late night and there are (and have been historically) ample opportunities for incidents to take place.

One recent - http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/orange-county/orlando-man-dies-in-i4-shooting/-/12978032/20776756/-/sml3udz/-/index.html

That said, I absolutely hope that there will be no issues should GZ be acquitted. It would serve no justice and only cause more heartache. If TM was a kind-hearted young man I'm sure that he wouldn't want more violence displayed in his name.

MOO and all of that...

Granted I don't live there but I have seen a map and IMO I don't think it would be that hard to determine.
I didn't understand why it was causing trouble for GZ or the neighbors either, but fact is, it has and does for many of them. Who knows.

I believe him because if it was not the case, GZ would have just fended off TM and TM would never had made contact. He was someone who wanted the training but did not have the skill. It fits with the accounts of witnesses

It wasn't the training that GZ got that killed TM; it was the gun he was carrying. They said he was soft, couldn't punch, so who wants that training? Get a gun. I am being sarcastic here to BTW.

...which is why, IMO, the prosecution wants to discredit him...

The State brought up the supposed MMA training. The defense had to call the gym guy because of what the State did. Obviously the gym guy is going to get lots of media and other attention since he owns a business open to the public. What's he supposed to say? No, I'll only take you as a client if you're here for the right reasons? jmo

True. I've been reading varying posts about what the site says so I'll withhold judgement until I see it for myself.

It is NOT the FIGHTING package, it is a TRAINING package. I assumed it was weight training. He successfully lost 80 lbs.

His fighting was nothing to be proud of because he was losing the fight. That is why he used the gun.

With all due respect, GZ was taking MMA training classes. That is fighting. Just because his trainer says he wasn't a master at it, doesn't mean it wasn't a fighting class.

Actually, many of us are asking, did he really *need* a gun after less than 2 minutes upon his encounter with TM? That is the crux of the matter. IMO :facepalm:

Absolutely....and what GZ says does not fit the time line. IMO

They claim to be the most comprehensive Fight Gym in the world...GZ took fight training, with the hope of losing weight, or so they say. IMO They are in the Fight Training business, if you look at their website...not a weight loss business.IMO

Isn't exercise a way to lose weight?? :twocents:

No. He parked got out and walked down the sidewalk. At some point after that the dispatcher says.. ARe you following him? We don't need you to do that. He says okay.

HE IS Still close to the sidewalk he was on before. He did not go looking for TM who was AT HIS FATHER'S HOUSE according to his own words to RJ.

GZ did not move anymore.. TM Did.

<mod snip>

Trayvon's body is not shown lying NEXT to the T or cut through sidewalk. His body is shown lying next to the dog path sidewalk running DOWN FROM the T ( cut through) towards his Dad's house.

Then how did he get fom the cut through down two and half town houses down the dog path if he never moved any further? Did he shoot from there?
(see crime scene photos) http://youtu.be/3V_FNtYtMII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member