George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
]The Gym Website stuff wasn't available until after GZ's trainer testified. This might come in.[/B]

Seems like the trainer and the self-defense guy are going to make a lot of $ testifying for GZ. Promoting their websites and businesses in a murder trial isn't right. JMO

You're right, now the TH's are saying it depends on when the Gym stuff was on their website.

And I agree if they are trying to profit from this it is deplorable.

Yes, I have it in my Signature. Adam Pollack is being dishonest because their advert is in Living Color!! IMO More defense witnesses caught fabricating. IMO

I hate when witnesses do crap like that. What is wrong with some people - can't they shut their mouths! We've got people tweeting, selling photos to HLN, giving interviews - it never ends.

No. He parked got out and walked down the sidewalk. At some point after that the dispatcher says.. ARe you following him? We don't need you to do that. He says okay.

HE IS Still close to the sidewalk he was on before. He did not go looking for TM who was AT HIS FATHER'S HOUSE according to his own words to RJ.

GZ did not move anymore.. TM Did.

Scarlett, you have the patience of a saint. IMO. :seeya:

This is one of the reasons I hate people. In reality, this verdict only affects GZ and GZ's and TM's families. IMO, this verdict should be about the facts of the case, which has been played out in the public arena, and not any extraneous issues. I swear I don't recognize my country anymore. Where did all this hatred come from?
While my heart agrees with you, my mind says that Americans have been taking their grievances to the streets for many years. I remember reading a book about our history of rioting going back to colonial times when I was in high school. That book is out of print today, but there are several more listed on Amazon for anyone interested.
So, IMO, if this verdict does elicit violence in the streets (and I pray God it does not), we owe it to ourselves to try and understand why. It will not be about GZ or TM or anybody else. It will be because our trials (like our legislatures) hold up a mirror reflecting back images we may not like. The fury that overflows during these times is no different than George's frustration with the system. The difference is the rage is multiplied hundreds, maybe thousands of times. If the trial seems fair and the verdict just, we the people may grumble or cheer. But, if enough people feel that the trial was not fair and the verdict does not deliver enough justice, then the aggrieved may feel so disenfranchised they will rise up to get their voices heard.
Again, this is only the opinion of one old woman (me) who has seen these scenes far too many times.

Granted I don't live there but I have seen a map and IMO I don't think it would be that hard to determine.

its not a question about how hard it is to determine, its a question of what every man should know and just because the "guilties" are all quite certain that GZ should know the name of the streets, its just their prejudiced opinions and its controverted by common sense.

imo.

the fact is many people are unaware of the names of streets in their locale.

i dont think this is an opinion.

in my opinion, its a fact. ask around.

ShadyLady -- I'm in the very same place on this! I tried my best to stay out of this case since I knew it would be very divisive in the "big world" and here in WS! But it's nearly impossible to ignore. My DH rarely ever gets interested in a case I'm following, although he asks and seems to follow, but this time, he's seen more of it than I have....

Anyway... I figured manslaughter as well, but now, I'm thinking it really was self-defense. And a crapshoot it'll be, IMO, as far as the jury goes...

But I have surprised myself -- and yes, this being on the defensive side is a first for me, too -- it's odd from that side of the room, isn't it?! I do like ZM's legal team and I think they are reasonable and trying to do the right thing here...

Bizarre, huh?!:seeya:

YES! Bizarre. Before this case I was really hating on defense lawyers!!!! (in my head)!!!

And now listening to HLN, their misquoting of law and what is happening in court is :stormingmad:.

Not responsible community action! All for whipping up the crowd. IMO

WEll other neighbors have said the same thing.. They must all be lying??

Did I say they were lying? NO. I said it wouldn't be hard to determine. Like I have previously said it's hard for me to understand because I'm the type to be well aware of my surroundings. :) JMO

You're right, now the TH's are saying it depends on when the Gym stuff was on their website.

And I agree if they are trying to profit from this is it deplorable.

The State brought up the supposed MMA training. The defense had to call the gym guy because of what the State did. Obviously the gym guy is going to get lots of media and other attention since he owns a business open to the public. What's he supposed to say? No, I'll only take you as a client if you're here for the right reasons? jmo

Why would anyone want the "Zimmerman" training program if he was "soft"??

Seems ridiculous and self serving. These people who market a killing and trial make me sick. He could have at least waited until after trial. Anything for a buck. :banghead:

It wasn't the training that GZ got that killed TM; it was the gun he was carrying. They said he was soft, couldn't punch, so who wants that training? Get a gun. I am being sarcastic here to BTW.

REMINDER:

any time a group of people get together there are bound to be disagreements. This forum is no exception. We are in no position to tell you what to think of ideas you see expressed here, but in our terms of service we do lay out the rules about how you can post here.

If you find that there is a fellow poster whose thoughts you find you are unable to even read without losing your composure, your "ignore list" is your friend. When you put a poster on this list, the following will happen:

• you will not see their posts;
  • they will not be able to send you pms;
  • they will not be able to send you email vial the board links;
  • they will not be able to leave you visitor messages.

by all means if someone is violating the tos use the little red triangle to send us an alert. But if you are thinking of sending the staff a pm or email because a certain poster:

• will not answer your questions;
  • will not back up their opinions to your satisfaction;
  • will not change their mind no matter how obvious things are to everyone else.

please, consider adding them to your ignore list.

Note: Do not post a message saying you are doing so, that's a tos violation by you. Put them on the list and be happy.

Useful links:

faq entry on troublesome users

your ignore list

your privacy settings

various other settings you may want to set.

This post lands at random and is not about the posts above or below.

To me that has nothing to do with this case.

Because some people are stupid does not change the events of that night nor add to them.

ETA I see nothing about Zimmerman there. Nothing.

IMO - it does. This guy trained GZ in MMA, he testified in court that after a year or so of training, GZ was "soft". I didn't believe it for one second. This trainers testimony was bias in my opinion. It has everything to do with this trial. GZ is trying to come off as weak, meek and not aggressive, not a fighter. Now, the guy is promoting the Zimmerman fighting package. :twocents:

Yes, I have it in my Signature. Adam Pollack is being dishonest because their advert is in Living Color!! IMO More defense witnesses caught fabricating. IMO

But couldn't the training be about LOSING WEIGHT?

Obviously the 'fight' training wasn't helpful because he needed a gun, and not hsi martial arts training.

I agree with what you are saying, but no one saw this from beginning to end. I'm having a hard time knowing a 17 year old is now dead after coming home from the store armed with Skittles/drink doing nothing wrong except taking his time getting home to watch a game on tv. What I find upsetting his he's being watched by an armed man who takes it upon himself to follow him. TM ran, twice and GZ pursued after him. We have limited amounts of evidence to show and all of these evidence is all about GZ it seems, his words, his actions, his statements but the one who has the worse injury of all is TM, a shot in the heart. GZ started and ended this. No one knows if GZ didn't push TM first and TM struck back.

BBM

You don't know any of this. Your timeline of events and actions do not conform to the facts of the case as presented by the state. We don't know if TM was doing nothing wrong, all actual evidence shows he was in a fight and getting the better of it. GZ claims TM punched first and there is no evidence to contradict GZ's statement. TM made a decision to contact GZ by not getting to his residence in a timely manner. He did nothing illegal by not going home, but we don't know why he took so long to get to his residence, so we do not know for certain he did nothing wrong in a common sense aspect not a legal one. If he actually ran twice (which is not verified) away from GZ, I have no idea how TM (being younger, lighter, and taller) came to where GZ was unless TM was lost.

IMO

its not a question about how hard it is to determine, its a question of what every man should know and just because the "guilties" are all quite certain that GZ should know the name of the streets, its just their prejudiced opinions and its controverted by common sense.

imo.

the fact is many people are unaware of the names of streets in their locale.

i dont think this is an opinion.

in my opinion, its a fact. ask around.

Agree. And he wasn't unaware of the street names, in general. He was unsure of where exactly the streets changed names. Just like his neighbor and HOA member, Jenna Lauer. jmo

I think the gym site is crashing.. Right now.. :)

I just checked the gym site. There is no mention of GZ on the home page. When you go to that link you get a form to fill out to request information on the training he received and it says that they will provide info after the trial. I don't believe that this is the gym trying to profit off of the case at all. I do believe it is them trying to fend off all of the folks seeking info. IMO All kinds of people call for all kinds of info related to big investigations.

My dad received a request for info on his involvement in the Billings case just a few weeks ago and that murder was 4 years ago yesterday and the assailants have all been to trial and convicted already.

You just never know how many requests for info are coming in and what people want to know for.

JMOO

I will be VERY curious if anyone from WS...(that actually WATCHED the case) has changed their minds in the end of trial....

I started out...first few days....with manslaughter, and now I am firmly on side of self-defense.

Even if someone is following you this does not give you the right to attack them. Self-defense is self-defense.

I hope we get a poll at the end of this trial, and that WS can come together again with the next trial we watch.

I certainly don't feel hate toward fellow web sleuthers for an opposing opinion. Until the trial started, I didn't know. I felt everything would surely come to light. Then I thought maybe it would be manslaughter by some mistaken identity or whatever, with probation. Then the prosecution rested. The only evidence I have seen supports self defense.

I was really angry after the Anthony trial. But I would never hurt her. I would stay far away from her, knowing her day will come. In this trial, I am at the opposite end. I think he was defending himself and never wanted to hurt anyone.

Pundits are exclaiming they've never seen a " self-defense case ' where the defendant does NOT testify. Mmmmm
May have verdict tomorrow. IMO

After reading some of Florida's laws online, I found that killing a person under the age of 18 seems to carry a higher penalty....as in the killing of a child.IMO

Did I say they were lying? NO. I said it wouldn't be hard to determine. Like I have previously said it's hard for me to understand because I'm the type to be well aware of my surroundings. :) JMO

However the people who can not figure it out all live there. So there must be basis in fact. It is not just GZ who had trouble with exact locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamapple