George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If aquitted, will GZ still have the right to his CWC permit?

Do you know if the jury is made aware of that? People hear "manslaughter" and might think of choosing it as a "compromise" verdict. Finding out the penalty is worse might make them reconsider.

IMO
I saw the same thing. The jury is instructed not to take punishment into account and will not be aware of this unless they knew on their own for some obscure reason.
I fear that against all evidence, they may want to appease some, thinking manslaughter is a lesser punishment.
IMO

could you elaborate on the bolded part of your opinion?

thanks

Yes, I have in my other posts as well...The Judge was in order when informing GZ of his rights and West was out of order interrupting and argueing with the Judge who was doing her designated duty / job in informing GZ of his right to testify or not..she gave him time to declare his intention to the court, this for the second time..and yet West became combative and tried to talk over her et al. In our State, he would have been charged with contempt of court as he was out of order...you could even see O'Mara's irritation with West. IMO

From what amounts to a blog. No sources that he made any "desperate attempts", nor that the charges were lessened because they were not applicable and/or hard to prosecute.

"Alleging" is also the key word in the second paragraph. There is no factual evidence that he ever committed domestic violence. Not even any arrests.

That doesn't negate the fact that he faced charges for assaulting an officer, and was slapped with a restraining order by his then girlfriend for violence. He was also fired from his job that same year for the same reason (violence). This has already been covered and sourced previously on this board.

This is one of the reasons I hate people. In reality, this verdict only affects GZ and GZ's and TM's families. IMO, this verdict should be about the facts of the case, which has been played out in the public arena, and not any extraneous issues. I swear I don't recognize my country anymore. Where did all this hatred come from?[/quote]

BBM - Washington DC - some politicians, some consultants, and plenty of lawyers stirring it up for whatever reason, usually personal gain. Does that help ?

I agree with you though.

Yes, I have in my other posts as well...The Judge was in order when informing GZ of his rights and West was out of order interrupting and argueing with the Judge who was doing her designated duty / job in informing GZ of his right to testify or not..she gave him time to declare his intention to the court, this for the second time..and yet West became combative and tried to talk over her et al. In our State, he would have been charged with contempt of court as he was out of order...you could even see O'Mara's irritation with West. IMO
BBM

Why do you keep using this improperly? Is there something I'm missing?

The Gym Website stuff wasn't available until after GZ's trainer testified. This might come in.

Seems like the trainer and the self-defense guy are going to make a lot of $ testifying for GZ. Promoting their websites and businesses in a murder trial isn't right. JMO

Is the training being marketed there, or is it possibly a clearinghouse for information regarding the training because they feel their gym may now have a bad reputation they need to recover from, and/or receive tons of requests for this information (from the media, etc) so they created a streamlined process?

I'm not clear on that myself. The website simply says, " To receive information about the training George Zimmerman received at KOKOPELLI'S GYM, please email request by filling out the form provided below." And then there's a form for getting a response.
http://www.kogym.com/zimmerman.htm

Imo, they should probably have made it more apparent that this was due to overwhelming inquiries, but it may be too late for that now.

Has it occurred to anyone that TM might have been doing what GZ was doing, checking out some suspicious guy that was walking around in the dark, in the rain, following him, watching him and checking out the area? Do we know for sure that GZ didn't try to make sure TM didn't leave by reaching out to keep him there? We know at some point TM hit him, but do we really know what prompted him to throw that punch? No we don't. I am not saying that GZ or TM are right or wrong, but if GZ had let a real cop do his job, TM wouldn't be dead. That is the bottom line. GZ put himself in a position that lead to him having to defend himself. And did he have to use lethal force to do that? Why didn't he just tell TM why he was following him and that LE was on the way? I get the whole "he was fearful for his life" and he defended himself, but it didn't have to go down this way.

BBM, This is what I have been trying to say today too but you have said it much better! I totally agree with you! JMO.

This is one of the reasons I hate people. In reality, this verdict only affects GZ and GZ's and TM's families. IMO, this verdict should be about the facts of the case, which has been played out in the public arena, and not any extraneous issues. I swear I don't recognize my country anymore. Where did all this hatred come from?

Hatred comes from unreasonable people having unreasonable beliefs & passing them on from generation to generation. Some day all those hateful feelings will pass into history but just not soon enough.

This is one of the reasons I hate people. In reality, this verdict only affects GZ and GZ's and TM's families. IMO, this verdict should be about the facts of the case, which has been played out in the public arena, and not any extraneous issues. I swear I don't recognize my country anymore. Where did all this hatred come from?[/quote]

BBM - Washington DC - some politicians, some consultants, and plenty of lawyers stirring it up for whatever reason, usually personal gain. Does that help ?

I agree with you though.

Yes I know, the question was rhetorical, but not really....but this isn't the place for my political rants.:scared:

The Gym Website stuff wasn't available until after GZ's trainer testified. This might come in.

Seems like the trainer and the self-defense guy are going to make a lot of $ testifying for GZ. Promoting their websites and businesses in a murder trial isn't right. JMO

To me that has nothing to do with this case.

Because some people are stupid does not change the events of that night nor add to them.

ETA I see nothing about Zimmerman there. Nothing.

BBM, She did not because he was not. He was trying to object and she was not listening to the objection and just over ruling him. continually.

GZ does not have to decide until his case is over has he stated and she continued to ask him for a time limit on when he would know.. THAT IS NOT PROPER PROCEDURE.

There is no mistrial because there is no grounds for mistrial based on that interaction. You may want one because you are annoyed but that does not make it the law.

I've read many posts about what I'm going to post. Additionally, I'm more of a lurker/reader than a poster. I have followed trials from all the way back to the Manson murders and mostly everything in between up to this date. I also enjoy going to our courthouse and sit and listen to an interesting case.

Considering all I've mentioned above; I have never seen any like the conduct of this judge. She is rude, impatient, condescending, aggressive etc...toward the defense team. I cannot believe it. What in the world is going on here?

wonder if a judgement has ever been reversed due to the demeanor of the judge?

if was a floridian i would be ashamed.

come to think of it i was born in florida.

but its been awhile.

Was he at his truck then when police arrived?

He did not have to be. He was already out of his truck and walking when dispatch suggested he did not need to follow any longer. He was still in that area of his truck on the walkway.

He was up over the curb, down the cut through, around the corner down the dog path, 70 yards from the end of the row of townhomes....area of his truck.

If I was a neighbourwood watch leader unofficially or not, I'd be sure to know my neighbourhood including the names of the streets. That's basic knowledge IMO.

I will be VERY curious if anyone from WS...(that actually WATCHED the case) has changed their minds in the end of trial....

I started out...first few days....with manslaughter, and now I am firmly on side of self-defense.

Even if someone is following you this does not give you the right to attack them. Self-defense is self-defense.

I hope we get a poll at the end of this trial, and that WS can come together again with the next trial we watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesaccasey