George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm as guilty as anyone for not knowing all the exact street names in my neighborhood. I think a lot of us need to get out google maps and do some memorizing ;) Well, at least I do! JMO

Why are they bringing back the trainer?

It sounds like the prosecution is trying to maintain that the trainer is trying to get fame and fortune and advertisement for his gym by advertising it's GZ's gym.

REALLY? Seems highly unlikely. "We couldn't help GZ but try your luck, maybe you'll do better" haha

IMHO

I am not really religiously watching the GZ trial, but is there something "hinky' going on between this judge and the defense? She doesn't seem to be objective to me. IMO, of course.
That's all I will say about this. (Not really following the trial- just tuning in once in a while).

But if GZ had reported 46 times to 911 surely he would have had to remember and name these 3 streets? IMO?

Do we know that for a fact? I don't think so because if that was absolutely true the STATE would have put it out there as proof. It sounds to me as a lot of people have trouble with knowing the addresses and places in the neighborhood and it supports his account and goes to truth.

The problem with the states case is they can not prove that it did not happen exactly as GZ said. Every thing including their own witnesses support that.

I really don't like this judge. I was totally willing to give her the benefit of the doubt until how she behaved yesterday and especially today. I just can't believe her actions are not reversible error...

I hope the jury works on the premise of innocent until proven guilty...there is NOT enough evidence to convict GZ, the state has done a piss-poor job of presenting what little evidence they do have, and the state's switching from theory to theory is demonstrative of not having a good case.

I have been a juror...and I've hung the jury (two others joined me after discussion). I pray that this jury honestly, non-politically, and without concern for any possible repercussions (ala the OJ jury) via a societal basis...that they do what they've been asked to do; set aside any prejudice or preconceived ideas; not consider the potential for civil backlash; and to hold GZ innocent as he has NOT been proved guilty, not by a long shot.

(And just for the record, I, as most here, are generally pro-prosecution...I just have never thought that this case should've been brought, and that self-defense is a reasonable explanation as to what happened. And I, like others here, do feel badly for the Martin family, as they have lost a child in a terrible way...but that doesn't mean that GZ is guilty).

Best-
Herding Cats

Theres not going to be a problem on i4. If you ever drove on it u would know a bad guy would never get off in one piece, its bumper to bumper with thousands of cars on it. IMO

with all due respect I do not know the name of the cross street 1/2 block from my house. I have lived here for 7 years.

I suggest if you ask 10 people the names of the streets closest to where they live, some will not be able to.
Kinda like always having to look up the addresses of your friends and even sometimes family when you send them a card through snail mail? Sheesh.

A fair trial has been made impossible by this judge. I hope Karma will step in and do the right thing in spite of her. IMO

In my opinion, karma is a law, like gravity. No one can really escape it! You'd think, as someone who truly believes that, I wouldn't get so worried and upset... :facepalm:

In 2005, Zimmerman was arrested and charged with "resisting officer with violence" and "battery of law enforcement officer." Both these felonies are considered third-degree. Due to his desperate attempts, the charges were reduced to "resisting officer without violence" and then the only remaining charge was also completely waived off when he entered an alcohol education program.

In the same year (2005), Zimmerman's ex-fiance, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order, alleging domestic violence. In retaliation, Zimmerman filed for a retraining order against Zuazo and both these claims were resolved with both restraining orders granted.
http://www.*********.com/contributed-news/11808013-george-zimmermans-criminal-records-revealed

From what amounts to a blog. No sources that he made any "desperate attempts", nor that the charges were lessened because they were not applicable and/or hard to prosecute.

"Alleging" is also the key word in the second paragraph. There is no factual evidence that he ever committed domestic violence. Not even any arrests.

Channel 9 atty says this is not rebuttal cuz it should have been brought on cross, , also says his FB might have been " spoofed"..Bet MSNBC , Crump, pick one sent the FB screen grab. IMO

Do you know if the jury is made aware of that? People hear "manslaughter" and might think of choosing it as a "compromise" verdict. Finding out the penalty is worse might make them reconsider.

IMO

No. The jury doesn't know the penalties. They could vote based on choosing the lesser of the two and not actually know what they're voting for.

Talking heads saying MOM is right and this is not proper rebuttal and it is the prosecution trying to impeach a witness on testimony that already should have been brought up by the prosecution. All agreeing that judge should not allow this. We'll see.

As per RJ, TM did make it home. It was TM's decision to go back and confront GZ. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Has it occurred to anyone that TM might have been doing what GZ was doing, checking out some suspicious guy that was walking around in the dark, in the rain, following him, watching him and checking out the area? Do we know for sure that GZ didn't try to make sure TM didn't leave by reaching out to keep him there? We know at some point TM hit him, but do we really know what prompted him to throw that punch? No we don't. I am not saying that GZ or TM are right or wrong, but if GZ had let a real cop do his job, TM wouldn't be dead. That is the bottom line. GZ put himself in a position that lead to him having to defend himself. And did he have to use lethal force to do that? Why didn't he just tell TM why he was following him and that LE was on the way? I get the whole "he was fearful for his life" and he defended himself, but it didn't have to go down this way.

Yes. Donnelly was in the courtroom on June 26th and 27th and his subpoena was issued on, IIRC, July 4th.

IMO.

Exactly.

The folks at WFTV Ch 9 (Kathi Beich, Greg W) did some checking and found out Donnelly was in court while other witnesses testified BEFORE he was subpoenaed.

Per talk by Greg W and Bill Shaeffer this morning during livestream.

If GZ is telling the truth and has nothing to hide he should want to take the stand in his own defense.
Not with this Judge! Besides, thanks to the prosecution entering all his interviews into evidence, I suspect the jurors will be far happier than he isn't testifying and making them stay in sequestration any longer than necessary. They've heard everything they need to hear about GZ's perception of the events.

Just checked Kokopelli Gym Website, Zimmerman training is being marketed there.

Is the training being marketed there, or is it possibly a clearinghouse for information regarding the training because they feel their gym may now have a bad reputation they need to recover from, and/or receive tons of requests for this information (from the media, etc) so they created a streamlined process?

I hate being on the opposite side of a lot the people I like here....but I have to be true to my own conclusions.

Making it a "personal" issue is not helpful, and is wrong on so many levels, so I am going to try and keep personalities out of it. But, debate the points and evidence.

This is the first time I have not been on the side of the prosecution....feels odd to say the least...LOL.

I started at manslaughter....but have moved off that after analyzing and hearing evidence and witnesses.

ShadyLady -- I'm in the very same place on this! I tried my best to stay out of this case since I knew it would be very divisive in the "big world" and here in WS! But it's nearly impossible to ignore. My DH rarely ever gets interested in a case I'm following, although he asks and seems to follow, but this time, he's seen more of it than I have....

Anyway... I figured manslaughter as well, but now, I'm thinking it really was self-defense. And a crapshoot it'll be, IMO, as far as the jury goes...

But I have surprised myself -- and yes, this being on the defensive side is a first for me, too -- it's odd from that side of the room, isn't it?! I do like ZM's legal team and I think they are reasonable and trying to do the right thing here...

Bizarre, huh?!:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member