Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It starts to look like 2nd degree.
Testimony from the gym stated that GZ did not know how to punch. Which puts him at a disadvantage. It takes a lot of skill and technique to escape a full mount. If GZ does not have the skill sets and he response was he shimmied out during a struggle like that he is better than most MMA fighters.

The only way out is if TM let him up. If GZ said ok "you got me" which is the response of a school yard fight. TM may have very well let him up and gave GZ the ability to pull the gun.

So you think GZ says 'you got me' after screaming for help for 40 seconds, as if the screaming for 40 seconds for help wouldn't have gotten TM off GZ already? <mod snip>

GZ is not charged with stalking though. The law and this trial is trying to determine who was the aggressor. Walking around in your neighborhood and asking someone who they are is not aggression. IMO
Yeah ok as a juror just forget about how all this started, that IMO will not happen.

LOVING this witness. A trained cop!!!

NOTHING wrong with wanting to BE a cop!

Of course it matters, stalk someone until they do their right under the STG law and then shoot them IMO does not lead to self defense

No because there is no STG at all in use here. IT is not part of the case. HE is not charged with stalking at all so that is not part of the case.

If you follow fact and evidence especially from the STATES witnesses it leads to TM attacking GZ not the other way around, while he waited for the police that he called in the area close to his truck when TM was already home and went back out looking for GZ.

That is evidence in the case.

I don't think so. I think it hinges on the fact Trayvon is not here to testify or explain his text messages. It's pure speculation...by anyone reading them what he is/was referring to. He could have been talking about a video game and not a real fight or gun. Like Call of Duty or Boxing video games. You know he played Xbox or ps3
IMO the problem with the defense trying to introduce some nepharious characteristics of TM is the same one I've had as a rape crisis advocate. For example the rape victim may have been a dancer in a strip club, who went willingly into a car, and who got drunk - that does not mean the rape didn't happen, or the rape could have been avoided by the dancer, or the dancer somehow deserved to get raped. The person on trial is the rapist NOT the victim.
:twocents:

The state doesn't want the jury to look at the whole story. MOO.

I certainly don't think he is a HERO. I think he had a right to defend his person as stated in the law with his legal firearm.

I base my opinion on LAW and what the testimony shows. Not at all emotion.

I think those basing it all on emotion really have not shown facts and law that supports the conviction with M2.

<mod snip> is wrong, IMO, about the general population. There are no heroes here. No one thinks that. This is simply a case where a man was forced to defend himself from getting beaten to death. These are the facts in the case. The law is the law and this was self defense, not murder 2.

Awesome Answer! His first instinct would be to go for the gun.. Not yell for help!

Well, I never even thought about that! If Martin was truly just trying to detain George Zimmerman and was trying to get away, while wouldn't he look to John Good and acknowledge him...I think that sort of throws a wrench into that...IMO.

Regardless of what the bloke from the gym testified, that same gym is using George Zimmerman as an advert for using their gym..which leads me to believe that the general public is soo inamoured of GZ's fighting prowess, they will pay large sums of cashola to be like George.

Why base an advertizing campaign on George IF he isn't The New Poster Boy for successful fisticuffs...nevermind the G U N.

Please see my Sig for link to GZ's gym's promotion of his training.

BBM

Wow, I will agree that is pretty tacky!

Sadly, there has been tackiness on all sides. I wasn't very impressed with the Martin family trademarking Trayvon's name/sayings, nor am I impressed with Frank Taafee, George's friend. The case has surely inspired some tasteless activity.

I try to tune all of that garbage out and just focus on what is happening in the courtroom.

IMO

Wow, WFTV is about three minutes behind.

O/T Mr Guy straddling the dummy.............

IT is not about losing. It was not a rumble between two matched fighters. IT was a battle in the dark and one was beating the other without at all being pushed back. He shot to protect his person. Especially since evidence shows TM was the confronting party.

Following a person around in a truck and getting out on foot to continue is not confronting?? <mod snip>IMO

IIRC, didn't we already hear about GZ's pushing a cop, and the he said/she said with his ex wife or girlfriend -- didn't that stuff already come in?

Not that I know of, at least not in front of the jury. I haven't been able to watch every day, though. If anyone knows for sure, please chime in :) IMO!

Following a person around in a truck and getting out on foot to continue is not confronting?? You got to think the big picture and try to stop twisting the facts to fit. IMO

I don't think that's confronting. I actually do that sometimes - kind of follow someone around from a distance - because I'm curious about them. For example, in the grocery store if I see a parent who seems abusive to a child, I'll follow them to get a better idea.

I don't think that's confrontational at all. It's just maintaining a position to watch.

IMHO

Of course it matters, stalk someone until they do their right under the STG law and then shoot them IMO does not lead to self defense

That is my absolute stand on this case in one sentence.
It's like cornering a fearful dog until it attacks you, you shoot it and blame the dog.

Following a person around in a truck and getting out on foot to continue is not confronting?? You got to think the big picture and try to stop twisting the facts to fit. IMO

No. The facts show the GZ never confronted TM. HE mya have followed him at a distance but did not try to contact him or confront. HOWEVER The STATES witness said that TM found GZ and confronted him.

THAT is EVIDENCE. Facts in the case. from her testimony.

I care only about evidence and fact.

I am frequently wrong but I think that's the legal basis for not allowing them at all. Without the 'creator' of the messages to speak on them, everyone is just guessing.

The defense has argued that the prosecution didn't give them the texts until recently and they need time to find the folks who TM was texting with so they could testify.

And then no one would be guessing.

IMO, a reversible error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members