George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think where we are crossing opinions about has to due with the law.

I am not a lawyer but have had a few law professors and one brilliant one summed it up in one statement.

In law it doesn't have to be fair, it doesn't have to be right, it doesn't have to be just, it just has to be legal.

Thank-you Jay Cutler

A lecture I never forgot and watch it played out every day.

JMO

Back to the drawing board Mr. Root. Nice try for your first time out. IMO

One thing that has struck me is, IMO, the length of GZ screams. Assuming it was GZ was the one screaming. If any of you have had your child sit on top of you at the waist, and bounce, you find yourself expelling air. They are causing abdominal pressure that affects your diaphragm. In turn, regarding this case, if TM was sitting on GZ, IMO, GZ would not have been able to scream due to the pressure that would have been applied, preventing your lungs from fully expanding. You need air to scream. So, IMO! TM may have been straddling GZ, but not applying weight. JMV

IMO the most pathetic charge against GZ all along has been "He's a wannabe cop."

It used to be a sign of good character if someone wanted to be a police officer.

Can't agree, because a person who truly aspires to become a policeman / woman is NEVER called a Wannabe.

A Cop Wanna Be is an individual whose perception of entitlement to P O W E R goes to his / her head and they take the law into their own hands...
A person who wants to become a member of LE is another story altogether and completely worthy in their ambition...not one who becomes a Vigilante after being rejected by LE.

wan·na·be
noun \ˈwä-nə-ˌbē\
Definition of WANNABE

: a person who wants or aspires to be someone or something else or who tries to look or act like someone else

: something (as a company, city, or product * or person ) intended to rival another of its kind that has been successful; especially: one for which hopes have failed or are likely to fail

The Urban Dictionary defines a Cop Wannabe as an extremely narcicistic person who is overly controlling.. not verbatin , but in general. Can't link because of objectionable language contained in Definition.

Very true. At first the prosecution was trying to make the case that GZ may have been on top.

Now they are basically saying "Well Tm was on top but maybe he was getting off as he was shot".

IMO

The prosecution is flailing around wildly trying to find something, anything, that sticks. It's well past absurd at this point. JMO. OMO. MOO.

The point is that he picked a fight here and it cost him his life. It fits with the evidence as per the state.[/

He didn't and it doesn't.

States witness never said "went up to", "went back", went after"
States witness said BY his Dad's house, not AT, or IN, or ON the porch.
States witness HEARD "why are you following me"
You believe nothing else States witness says that doesn't support GZ testimony.

AFTER GZ "trailed" (defense witness testified GZ said he was "trailing" the "suspect") TM to BY TM's Dad's house.

An area he had no business being in after dark, if TM didn't...
he wasn't NW, or LE, or the security guard.

GZ THOUGHT he was...but can't and didn't follow any procedure normally followed by NW or LE

Trailed is my new favorite word...

I totally agree. When the witness stated that TM was on top that pretty much shows what happened during one portion of the fight.

The question is how did GZ gain access to his gun from a full mount.

Well, if we go to Zimmerman's testimony, he stated that he grabbed his gun when he noticed Martin going for it (or at least noticing). So say he feels it on his legs while straddling him. It would be reasonable to believe Martin would then move down a bit to be able to grab the gun himself. In this transition, this could be when Zimmerman grabbed and fired the gun. ALL IMO.

No. The only way up when you are being pounded into the ground is to shoot and defend your person.

By your own argument. If TM saw the gun as GZ said or touched his side near it It had to be exposed or felt which would make sense that TM made an adjustment to be able to have access to it.

If he had been able to get the gun from gz he might have shot him. moo

Here is the problem. TM has been 'baby-fied' due to how this case was in the media from the very beginning. That the idea that a 17 year old, unarmed teenager who was in fit condition could not harm/kill someone else simply because he was 17 or unarmed is fallacy to me. The idea that this 17 year old could not have acted out against that 'creepy white ****' and threw the first punch simply because he's a 'kid' is also fallacy.

AMEN! A very true post.

Here is the problem. TM has been 'baby-fied' due to how this case was in the media from the very beginning. That the idea that a 17 year old, unarmed teenager who was in fit condition could not harm/kill someone else simply because he was 17 or unarmed is fallacy to me. The idea that this 17 year old could not have acted out against that 'creepy white ****' and threw the first punch simply because he's a 'kid' is also fallacy.

I get your point. But IMO thinking TM three the first punch because GZ said so is also a <mod snip>.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your pretty loose with "violent past"

twisty loose imo

That's your opinion and I respect it. Mine is that there are two documented occurences of GZ having legal trouble because of violence.

1) He assaulted a non uniformed officer.

2) An ex girlfriend requested and obtained a restraining order on him based on violent behavior.

I'm not interested in going tit for tat, I was simply wondering if the testimony regarding GZ being passive and non confrontational opened the door for these documented behaviors to come in.

One thing that has struck me is, IMO, the length of GZ screams. Assuming it was GZ was the one screaming. If any of you have had your child sit on top of you at the waist, and bounce, you find yourself expelling air. They are causing abdominal pressure that affects your diaphragm. In turn, regarding this case, if TM was sitting on GZ, IMO, GZ would not have been able to scream due to the pressure that would have been applied, preventing your lungs from fully expanding. You need air to scream. So, IMO! TM may have been straddling GZ, but not applying weight. JMV

I'm not saying I am an expert but I do know a bit about MMA. And when in full mount position, you rarely want to just put all your weight down on the chest or abdomen of your opponent. Instead, you put weight upon the legs on the ground so as to stabilize balance. If you put your weight on your butt, you have the risk of being overturned.

Just merely asked GZ to tell me what happened. If I was on the jury it would be time for a knap. IMO

The prosecution is flailing around wildly trying to find something, anything, that sticks. It's well past absurd at this point. JMO. OMO. MOO.

The prosecution does not seem to have a theory of the case. This has become very evident to me over the past couple of days when they have brought up new scenarios on every cross exam.

That is no way to overcome reasonable doubt. IMO.

Back to the drawing board Mr. Root. Nice try for your first time out. IMO

But no cigar....I think the jury in deliberation will always hark back to This Testimony:

She said the injuries are not consistent with a head being "repeatedly slammed into a concrete surface." She said she would expect a lot of injury that would bleed profusely that would require suturing.

2:16 p.m.

"They were so minor that the individual that examined Mr. Zimmerman said sutures were not required. She put a bandaid on the back of his head."
She described watching the video of Zimmerman walking into the police department the night of the incident and said he did not seem incapacitated and he kept up with officers.
She also told the state that his injuries were consistent with Zimmerman's head hitting concrete, but possibly only once. She said both cuts could have been caused by a single contact with concrete.

Rao continued: They were not life threatening," she said. "As I would refer to them, they were not significant injuries."

Read more: The Sanford Herald - Day 17 Lead investigator Chris Serino continues testimony

Read more: The Sanford Herald

http://mysanfordherald.com/view/ful...o-continues-testimony?instance=trayvon_martin

That testimony coupled with the information that he never had any internal injuries and was able to carry on as if nothing had happened to him puts the Kabosh on the idea he saw his life pass before him and all that jazz...as related by Taaffe....too much drama..doesn't fit the F A C T S. IMO

I thought that this case was about establishing who the victim is. If Zimmerman is found not guilty due to self defense I would assume he is the victim. Especially after the media has lied and attacked him and he has had a bounty on his head. MOO
Bounty on his head?

Especially when we have 14-17 yr olds all over the country for murder.

and YOU would know the real world better than Root based on exactly what world experience you have had in criminal matters?

just wonderin how you would know what the real world is and he would not, casue hes been "out there" his whole professional career, and you have been....????? what exactly?

He is a fish out of the water. Mr. Root has no idea what seeing both sides of a story means. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CPomerleau