George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I leave for coffee and missed something! Someone be kind and just tell me what the Judge said to GZ. It figures that is what I missed!

IMO GZ's statements have been remarkably consistent. And (again) if GZ "pursued" an athletic teen, how did he catch him? The logical answer all along is that TM came back and started the confrontation.

Respectfully, perhaps you missed the court representation of GZ's firm statement to Sean Hannity that he had never heard of the SYG laws ?
But the astute professor who taught GZ in one of his courses, repeatedly went over that very statue....the Castle Doctrine....plus Inobu and other posters have provided videos wherein GZ changes what he said beyond comparison with what he had previously said.

It's illogical to me that TM who ran away from GZ's advances, jumped out of a non-existant " bush" at GZ...GZ caught TBM whilst TBM was standing stock still, conversing on the cell phone with his childhood friend, who never waivered on it. IMO

In My Opinion, this line of questioning by the prosecution is turning into a last-ditch effort to get Something, Anything across to the jury to cast doubt on GZ being under TM, getting his head bashed.

It seems to me that the prosecutor is clutching at more straws than most defense lawyers ever do. Will somebody please bring that prosecutor another pot of spaghetti?

WOW!
I missed the morning and just tuned in.
I am not a GZ supporter and even I felt bad for him just then....:scared:
"I SAID OVERRULED!!!" What is our fine Judge so PO'd about today?

I don't think it's a matter of 'not p*ssing off the judge'. It's a matter of proper protocol. This judge is so far out of line it isn't even funny. I have NEVER seen a judge behave in such a fashion in over 25 years of observing trials. If there is an appeal, this judge should go down IMO.

Yes. She should listen to the attorney's objection fully and then weigh in. I have never seen a judge not let an attorney confer with a client when answering a question.. And why did she put him under oath first? I have never seen that before.

I think that she is really not a good judge. Her job is to be impartial and rule as a matter of law. That is it.

Sorry. Not interested in an animation someone not involved in the case created. IMO, the state's supporters are trying to broadly interpret the actual testimony so that it fits their narrative. It is clear that RJ testified that TM had reached Brandy's condo at the far end of the street.

At one point, West suggested that though Martin told her he was by his father's fiancee's house while Zimmerman was following him, that she doesn't know that for sure.

"Why he need to lie about that, sir?" Jeantel asked West.

"Maybe if he decided to assault George Zimmerman, he didn't want you to know about it," West replied.

"That's real retarded, sir," she said. "That's real retarded to do that, sir."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...jeantel-george-zimmerman-trial_n_3509141.html

BY is not REACHED or AT

Maybe TM told RJ that he was near his home so she wouldn't worry as she obviously had been concerned enough about the situation to advise him to run.
IMO

She didn't show much concern after she was cut off and in the days that followed. IMO, the state's supporters are grasping at straws. JMO. OMO. MOO.

I'm sitting here in a state of shock!! JMO

I leave for coffee and missed something! Someone be kind and just tell me what the Judge said to GZ. It figures that is what I missed!

She kept on asking GZ if he's going to testify when the defense hasn't formally ended their case yet.

Appreciate that fact and ask the question - how long ago did you go to school? Because I would have seen that in a movie about the age I was at when I was in school - but that is a long way away. Listen to the way Rachael speaks - does that sound like something she would say? That's not kid stuff GZ is saying - and are you assuming I am Caucasian?
All IMO.

I couldn't believe a 17 yr old would use the phrase 'creepy azz cracker', but according to RJ he did, and she didnt' think it was racial

OMG this judge is out of control in my opinion. Her disdain for George Zimmerman and the defense makes me cringe. She doesn't even try to hide it.

IMO I actually kind of wish the jury did see that. There is a good chance they would have felt bad for GZ, he certainly didn't sound like the "egotistical wannabe cop" that the prosecution portrays him as.

IMO.

WOW!
I missed the morning and just tuned in.
I am not a GZ supporter and even I felt bad for him just then....:scared:
"I SAID OVERRULED!!!" What is our fine Judge so PO'd about today?
If she gets ticked off enough, she may do what she did yesterday. Walk Out!
imo

Oh wow, I'm way behind and not watching live...this doesn't sound good for either side. Is this judge playing to the cameras? Perhaps afraid for herself should the verdict be an unpopular one?
MOO IMO IMHO and all that jazz.

BBM

That is just what I was thinking. Haven't other people connected to this event lost their jobs? I guess if she had gotten threats from someone in the general population, those would be investigated.

JMO

Not according to his injuries.

We don't know how he got those injuries though.I do believe that TM may have shoved GZ due to Zimmerman being aggressive or trying to detain Martin,but it is just as possible that he fell and bumped his head and scratched his face during pursuit of Martin.
It was raining and very dark.
IMO

Well boy howdy! THAT was interesting. IMO GZ may have some doubts about NOT testifying.

I don't think that is the issue at all. This judge is completely out of line. A judge does ask the defendant if he wishes to testify, but ONLY after all defense witnesses have concluded their testimony, not BEFORE. She is interfering with the attorney client priviledge, and is out of order in so many ways. If there is an appeal, this judge will come to regret this *encounter* IMO.

I'm not a lawyer but I will ask, don't they teach you in law school not to p_ss off the judge?!?
I don't know if they teach it in law school, but in my 40+ years of experiencing the Court up close and personal (which is to say IMO), it is NOT a good idea.

IMO, it shouldn't matter that GZ was following him while he was on the phone. He was still following him. If TM confronted GZ by asking why he was following him that is not a crime, even in the dark at the T (if he did).

But it does matter. And it shows that he was on the phone with authorities. He was not taking it under his own power to do anything.

It is not a crime to ask the question but it is a crime to punch someone in the face. It is obvious that GZ got hit in the face. AT least once.

His injuries show he was under attack at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jnmeep