George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In turn, defensive supporters are taking great lengths to use a states witness that they don't even believe to say that "BY" means he ran to his house, then ran back out, jumped and tried to beat GZ to a pulp and no blood, DNA or scuff marks on him to show it after running away from him all night...ok..

It is enlightening to watch/read this trial with all of you~ I have stepped into this thread and quickly backed out of it~

I now understand how in big cases like this no one is the winner~ Happened in the CA trial and it's happening here~

No matter how many times I read that someone doesn't have a "dog" in this fight I have to disagree~ it's human nature~

Meanwhile after the trial and verdict the defense team and Pros will all go out for drinks and onto the next one~~while those viewers on the side of the losers sit and ponder how did this happen~ Yeah my view is a bit tainted when it comes to our Justice system

She didn't do that in front of the jury did she? I missed the whole last hour or more.

No. I kind of wish she had. That would explain, for the jury, why MOM has a completely different "affect" and is whispering and walking on eggshells.

If that judge can't control herself better than that, she has no business on the bench,
IMHO

Dibsy, no one thinks he judge erred in advising Zimmerman of his right to testify.

What she did, was demand an answer as to whether he intended to exercise that right, at a time before he has to make that decision.

And then, intimidate him by asking when he might make that decision.

IMHO

IMO - I didn't feel she "demanded" his answer - what she was doing was telling the Defense he was overruled and she spoke louder and told Zimmerman she would ask him again if he didn't know now.

The judge may simply been trying to consider if the Defense was going to run to the weekend or not. The Defense was way out of line with that one. I can't believe how he keeps speaking back to and over the judge. Very disrespectful.

I see your point, but the fact that he does seem so incredibly meek and confused would probably add to the impression that he'd be unlikely to pick a physical fight with someone bigger than they are.

IMHO

I agree. Unless he had a loaded gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GZ was trained by a federal officer how to use his gun..

Sounds like more responsibility to me.

Does anyone know or understand why the judge would have asked GZ that question at this point in time? When would the defendant normally be asked if he was going to testify?

Since the Defense has said they're about to rest their case...Also Because GZ has a right to know his rights re testifying....and the court has a right to know if he will or won't take advantage of that right...and GZ has to informed that he does not have to testify.IMO

She has already let him know he needs to let the court know his decision ....no hurry, but talk it over with his lawyers and get back to the Court with the decision because it's late in the trial...
this is the Judge's Job and Don West made an utter fool of himslef by attacking the Judge performing her duty to the defendant...West should be concerned about his clients rights and not about his own ego and dramatics. I could plainly see that O' Mara was terribly annoyed at West's carrying on with contempt toward the court.IMO

IMO - I didn't feel she "demanded" his answer - what she was doing was telling the Defense he was overruled and she spoke louder and told Zimmerman she would ask him again if he didn't know now.

The judge may simply been trying to consider if the Defense was going to run to the weekend or not. The Defense was way out of line with that one. I can't believe how he keeps speaking back to and over the judge. Very disrespectful.

If she wants to know that, that's a question for the attorneys, not the defendant.

IMHO

JMO I predict that Mr. Root will have a fine career ahead of him. He's been able to handle the stress in the courtroom thanks to the judge and the prosecution trying to throw anything at him in hopes that something will stick. Well done Mr. Root, well done.

It doesn't take a warrior mindset to shoot an unarmed 17 yr old.

The state should just let them go ahead, he is helping the pros, IMO

He basically admitted GZ was not treated as a suspect in a homicide.

I think we all knew that. Very quickly, LE realize Zimmerman shot in self-defense.

Just like very often they decide that in other cases, or decide a parent probably had nothing to do with the disappearance of a child, etc.

IMHO

My opinion is that TM called GZ names because he was scared,

I know I would be scared if in the dark, a stranger in a vehicle was slowly following me, got out, followed me on foot...etc...

Maybe TM would not have been afraid, but I'm thinking human nature.

You're welcome to your opinion, but the testimony of the states star witness, RJ, does not reflect this. There is nothing in her testimony about the phone call that indicates that TM was ever scared or in fear.

WHAATTT? It's time for the defense to rest before she gets up there and starts questioning the witnesses herself.

GRRR.

IMHO

Again the Judge is not ruling on objections based on LAW. The PROS opened the door, And the DEf gets to ask then again...

Where is the evidence that TM was in 'fear'? Because he ran while GZ was still in his car? Show me the testimony of RJ, his 'friend' that says at any time that TM was scared, that she was scared for TM, etc.

Thank you. Has their been ANY testimony/evidence that TM was in "fear?" Or is it an expectation that he would be? I've wondered that for weeks now, and honestly, have only watched highlights of this trial. So, is there any proof that TM was in "fear?"

What's to say it wasn't the opposite? He was confident, feeling grandiose and feeling tough, as many 17 year old boys feel? Invincible? And then maybe ticked off that some jerk was following him?

Do we really know???

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members