George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. He doesn't have to answer now, or even ever. His attorneys can answer for him. I'm really surprised she usurped that and questioned him directly, even saying when MIGHT you know?

GZ looked like a deer in the headlights.

IMHO

No that isn't correct - the defendant is required to answer that question for himself or herself. Their attorney can's answer for them at this stage of the trial.

I think this is an extremely important trial and will be referred too in future trials. What happens here can make a big difference in the lives of folks down the line. IMO

IMO, it will make all FL gun owners unsure of what "self defense" means. You think you're defending your life, only to possibly spend the rest of it in prison.
Bad precedent, IMO.

She notified him of his right not to testify, she didn't notify him that she was going to ask him straight out before their case is even done.
That's not true she told him she would ask him later in front of the jury.

Jolly Green Giant! LOL!!! :floorlaugh:

I :heartbeat: this witness.

IMO, Mr. Root's responses are showing how ridiculous some of the prosecutor's questions are.

MOO

To me, GZ's other actions do not matter as much, except the one shot that ended TM's life. To be fair to TM, he is entitled to a thorough investigation, to determine if he was indeed coldly killed, and if it happened so, to seek justice for his murderer and to rest TM's soul. It's what we as a society owe to an innocent among us who is killed, as any of us or our loved ones could be the next innocent.

Respectfully snipped and BBM

We found something in common!! :) IMO, Trayvon absolutely deserves a thorough investigation and a trial. I will never dispute that. And even though I can see the possible political reasons this went to trial, I am glad it went to trial so that all families involved have the ability to tell the story and let the jury decide. That is how justice should be in our country. Regardless of what all of us think, I will respect and accept the jury's decision. I might have opinions about it (shocking) :) but I will accept it.

IMO

Mr. Zimmerman HAS to be ADVISED of HIS RIGHTS by THE JUDGE and he HAS to be asked HIS desicion re HIS TESTIMONY, by THE JUDGE. Caps for emphasis only...
It's Courtroom protocol and procedure...and Don West has NO RIGHT to try and deprive his client of that RIGHT. It's GZ's decision, NOT his.
IMO

I think Judge Nelson has bent over backward to accomodate West's nastiness. Like many, the Judge is fed up with Don West's unlawful actions and interruptions, continually done with a bullying attitude, toward not only her but the Witnesses.IMO

Don West = Judge Wannabe IMO and it's a shame that instead of just denying his silly objections that Judge Nelson didn't call him as he was, Out of Order and in Contempt...Don West is a Master of Contempt...and fine him accordingly....IMO

As it is, IMO, a mistrial can be called because of the undue agressiveness and unlawful procedures of the so-called defense.IMO

Does anyone know or understand why the judge would have asked GZ that question at this point in time? When would the defendant normally be asked if he was going to testify?

At the end of the defense's case, not in the middle of arguably their star witness.

IMHO

The judge got ticked off when West said it wasn't their fault, the defense gave them the evidence late, played games, then lied to the court. She was ticked off. Abruptly recessed court at 9:56. West kept talking, she kept saying recessed. He kept talking even as she was leaving the bench, and MOM was waving West off, like, "shut up man, just shut up!" It was shocking to see. MOO
I agree. The behavior of the judge was certainly appalling!!

Okay, doesn't this discussion between M'OM and the witness regarding "hate, spite, anger, verbal abuse, confrontation" make anyone else uncomfortable given what just happened? JMO

IMO, the judge in this trial, just expressed far more *hate* *spite* *anger* and *malice* with her tone of voice & wording then anything we heard in the NEN phone call. JMO

We saw how off balanced George got when all that was going on, he won't make a good witness, he needs to stay off the stand. Imo

Mr. Zimmerman HAS to be ADVISED of HIS RIGHTS by THE JUDGE and he HAS to be asked HIS desicion re HIS TESTIMONY, by THE JUDGE. Caps for emphasis only...
It's Courtroom protocol and procedure...and Don West has NO RIGHT to try and deprive his client of that RIGHT. It's GZ's decision, NOT his.
IMO

I think Judge Nelson has bent over backward to accomodate West's nastiness. Like many, the Judge is fed up with Don West's unlawful actions and interruptions, continually done with a bullying attitude, toward not only her but the Witnesses.IMO

Don West = Judge Wannabe IMO and it's a shame that instead of just denying his silly objections that Judge Nelson didn't call him as he was, Out of Order and in Contempt...Don West is a Master of Contempt...and fine him accordingly....IMO

As it is, IMO, a mistrial can be called because of the undue agressiveness and unlawful procedures of the so-called defense.IMO

Dibsy, no one thinks he judge erred in advising Zimmerman of his right to testify.

What she did, was demand an answer as to whether he intended to exercise that right, at a time before he has to make that decision.

And then, intimidate him by asking when he might make that decision.

IMHO

Does this judge have to answer to a superior? I would have to believe AC is going to make a well placed phone call to somebody. Does anyone know if judges get reprimanded? (Sorry I don't know what else to call it). TIA

No, no one came in and said he was a good boy, but they did with GZ IMO

IMO, the state would not want to do that because it will open the door for the defense to bring up TM's record, school suspension, etc. JMO. OMO. MOO.

A person can ask a question of another without walking up to the person or being confrontational.
It seems to me that it would be likely that once coming face to face to a person that had been watching and following you that you might ask why.

IMO

According to GZ he did ask. GZ's supposed response didn't make any sense. He should have told him why he was following him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, doesn't this discussion between M'OM and the witness regarding "hate, spite, anger, verbal abuse, confrontation" make anyone else uncomfortable given what just happened? JMO

This entire trial and how it has been conducted makes me uncomfortable. I see three victims, all important but one with the ability to affect many people in the future, innocent or guilty. Very sad IMO and definitely not what Justice should look like.

We saw how off balanced George got when all that was going on, he won't make a good witness, he needs to stay off the stand. Imo

I see your point, but the fact that he does seem so incredibly meek and confused would probably add to the impression that he'd be unlikely to pick a physical fight with someone bigger than they are.

IMHO

I think MOM has his hands full trying to not only defend his client to the best of his ability, but also trying to rein in DW. MOM looked positively stricken when that exchange happened. IMO, the defense should not have to worry about ticking off the judge. She is there to uphold the law. Not to persecute either side. JMV
Or intimidate a defendant into making a declaration without benefit of conferring with his attorney or allowing his attorney to state the reason for an objection? This is more than possible reversible error if a defendant files an appeal. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngluteplayer