George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually when you know a neighborhood, you usually just know landmarks or houses and no need to learn street names. I know exactly where things are but couldn't tell you street names. I think most of us are that way. So there is no BS....

I don't know any of my daughters addresses. I can describe exactly to you how to reach their houses, but I don't know or recall even some of their street names. I know it/them by sight. We now live in the country, but when we lived in the city, in the same house for over 30 years, I didn't know hardly any of the street names. I walked them with my dogs daily, never looking up to see the street sign names. JMO

I don't think he should take the stand. Why should he risk saying one little thing that might contradict what he said before when the prosecution hasn't proven anything?

Watch the judge rule for the pro again. Not even surprised by her any more.
She'll probably say it's too big in size to enter.

IMO

If GZ is telling the truth and has nothing to hide he should want to take the stand in his own defense.

He has told the truth over and over and in fact was video taped. He really does not need to testify at all.

Absolutely. She's certainly a sympathetic character - a young mother cowering in her house holding a rusty pair of scissors to defend herself.

Prosecution needs to get her off the stand.

IMHO

It is unlikely that anyone in Zimmerman's neighborhood aware of multiple break-ins has much sympathy for the TM supporters. And that is one reason that the prosecution never found any useful witnesses.

I missed most of the morning.

Did anything come of the defense violating the rules of witness sequestration? Twice?

Right, and where his truck was parked cleary showed the address so going looking for an address is bogus statement IMO

Just to share some of my experience. Fear, apprehension, and adrenaline do weird things to your mind. When I was robbed at gunpoint and locked in a cooler I thought I waited in there about 30 minutes, in reality it turned out to be more than 3 hours. When I called LE I couldn't remember the address of where I was and this was my job of more than three years. I couldn't give the dispatchers the street or the number. They had to trace us to find me. And I was in an office where I know that the address was on many papers/letterheads. But in moments of things happening your brain doesn't work in the same logical way that it normally would. JMO

with all due respect I do not know the name of the cross street 1/2 block from my house. I have lived here for 7 years.

I suggest if you ask 10 people the names of the streets closest to where they live, some will not be able to.

It's a gated community, I'm sure many get lost if they make the wrong turn. So it is only logical someone would know all the street names.. being not many, and i do not think numbers.

There are probably 40 little streets in my neighborhood of 10 years. I couldn't name 90% of them. I can tell you the name of my street and the nearest cross street. That's it.

But, I could drive you straight to a number of neighbors homes. No idea of their addresses or street name. Heck, I can't tell you the name of the street my sister or parents live on! lol TRUE.

however, if there were only three streets in your entire neighborhood, you would probably know their names, right? IMO

But that would just be your opinion. And can not lead to fact.

I don't think that TM was at all afraid. He is out walking a long distance in the dark all alone in the rain. That is not the actions of a scared kind of kid. I would never do that at night. But to me all his actions show that he was not afraid. And when told by RJ to run home, He blew her off, And said.. Nah.. or no..

Many teens and even younger go out between the hours of 6 and 7 in order to meet with friends,practice sports, or go to a 7-11 for a snack.
He did run at the urging of RJ and according to her thought it would be safe to walk fast later in their conversation as he thought he had lost GZ.
He was sixteen yrs old and Zimmerman is an adult who admits that he knew TM is in his teens or in his other terminology a kid.
He also admits that he thought TM was trying to intimidate him.Ask yourself why TM would feel the need to act like a tough person to an adult and you might have an answer as to who was feeling fear that night.

IMO

Wasn't Tracey Martin and his fiancé a neighbor too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually I think that it was Ms Greene's house. But yes. I believe that he was acting in the interest to help out everyone that lived there. It was certainly a diverse neighborhood.

There are probably 40 little streets in my neighborhood of 10 years. I couldn't name 90% of them. I can tell you the name of my street and the nearest cross street. That's it.

But, I could drive you straight to a number of neighbors homes. No idea of their addresses or street name. Heck, I can't tell you the name of the street my sister or parents live on! lol TRUE.

But wasn't there only 3 streets in his entire neighborhood?

You got in one..And now, I hope they don't want us to really believe that GZ thought the Solitary TM was the TWO AA guys who broke into that young woman's house. The defense's agressive desperation and seeming ignorance of the Law isn't helping GZ. IMO

In my area, breakins are done by many different sorts of people...not all white nor black or Asian or Latino et al....I think it's the same in Florida.IMO

IMO

could you elaborate on the bolded part of your opinion?

thanks

A fair trial has been made impossible by this judge. I hope Karma will step in and do the right thing in spite of her. IMO

Me too. I think this judge made up her mind to do all she could to help prosecutors secure a conviction even though he isn't guilty. I am wondering what her motive/intent/payback is. I hate thinking that but I have never seen a judge like this before. Bizarre to me.

with all due respect I do not know the name of the cross street 1/2 block from my house. I have lived here for 7 years.

I suggest if you ask 10 people the names of the streets closest to where they live, some will not be able to.

VERY true! I've *only* been in my house for 29 years now and still could not tell you the name of the street behind us! Maybe I'll know it by 30 years? Probably shouldn't count on it.. :)

Maybe I'm over reacting, but what Judge Nelson just did has created a ton of stress in the court room. They just got back from lunch but I they would take a recess so everyone could regroup and start again on the right foot. JMO

He has told the truth over and over and in fact was video taped. He really does not need to testify at all.

I completely agree. IMO there is no reason for GZ to testify.

I don't think he should take the stand. Why should he risk saying one little thing that might contradict what he said before when the prosecution hasn't proven anything?
I agree it would open up his discrepancies in his stories.

I would call killing a young man coming home from the store is very irresponsible.
Yes, but I would call shooting a young man who just punched me, broke my nose, split my lip, cut up my head, and sitting on top of me to be SELF DEFENSE! JMO:twocents: :lurk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper