George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I am getting out of this case is I better go out and get my permit to protect myself against other people with a permit. IMO

Oh so he was buying cigars...

I have no idea whether he was or was not since nothing like that came into evidence at trial. Someone asked what a 'blunt' was and I answered the question.

From what I remember, she hit a tree at full force, not just fell in the snow, and also chose not to go to the emergency room.

No tree was involved: she was taking a private ski lesson on the Nansen, a beginners' run at Mont Tremblant, she added.

Richardson, wife of actor Liam Neeson and daughter of actress Vanessa Redgrave, was at the bottom of the run, in what is known as the flats, during the mid-afternoon lesson when she fell and tumbled down the hill... She did not hit anyone or anything before coming to a stop

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/16/natasha-richardson-ski-ac_n_175573.html

hopefully, this is a link I can supply

IMO, going into how nasty and menacing TM looks in some of his pictures is profiling. We have seen pictures of his corpse - he looked like any normal teen to me. There was NOTHING wrong with the way TM dressed or looked that night that would merit a shoot to kill. I can't believe I am pleading that people should not judge from looks alone!

:banghead:

IMO

He's making innocuous everyday things sound sinister, or at least he's trying to. Profiling? Who cares? Not illegal, not indicative that he wants to kill anyone, and he called NEN. Play up the race aspect I guess.

I think it may have been this prosecutor yelping on the 911 tape. My ears are bleeding already, my head is spinning thinking of all the things I routinely do that may well indicate I mean to murder someone, especially a kid...I'm thinking over zealous is this fellow's specialty.

Minimizing RJ's lack of credibility, trying to make her street slang/racism, illiteracy somehow endearing. "That bald headed dude" I'm nauseated by this.

I think RJ withheld from the court that she knew TM was going to fight that "crazy *advertiser censored* cracker", so in my opinion, I don't think she was truthful. IMO

I don't believe TM was going home to make purple drank, I believe the fiancé's son when he testified he asked for the skittles. IMO

This has always bothered me...

If the kid was waiting for Trayvon to return from the store with skittles...

Wouldn't he be concerned that he never showed up...

Why did they wait until the following morning to report him missing?

not buying the candy story...

After calling the police, no less. imo

I think that it's very odd that someone would call LE before their planned attack on someone. And I would think that the knowledge that LE would arrive shortly would make me think twice before assaulting someone. MOO.

No she didn't. She was asked what race the people were that broke into her home and they were AA. You can not take that and make it anything but what it was. A description of the people that broke into her house and scared her to death.

Do people relize that this witness Olivia Bertalan's home was invaded by two AA men. She gave police descriptions of the suspects. Later GZ called in spotting one of the suspects running towards Calabria Cove apartments. A month later lab results came back with fingerprints of Emmanuel Burgess, on a wall between those apts. and Retreat at Twin Lakes. OB identified him in a photo lineup as one of the invaders of her home. He was sentenced to 5 years (including another burglary charge) by the judge in this case, Judge Nelson. Two of the calls that the prosecution introduced to imply that GZ was profiling were in relation to EB.

MOO

You are correct. I HOPE the jury has been listening as carefully as we have! If so, this closing (and State's opening) will backfire.

Yeah, but you have to admit that "I just killed him" draws out more emotional response from the jury than the truth.... IMO

IMO, going into how nasty and menacing TM looks in some of his pictures is profiling. We have seen pictures of his corpse - he looked like any normal teen to me. There was NOTHING wrong with the way he dressed or looked that night that would merit a shoot to kill. I can't believe I am pleading that people should not judge from looks alone!

I judge in a way that is consistent with what life has shown me. imo

I can't believe people are complaining about this judge. She has been more than fair.

Funny how nobody said anything about the Defense violating the rules of sequestration TWICE and the judge didn't do a darn thing about it. If the State did the same thing, people would be livid! :moo:

Amen to that...the Defense has gotten away with you know what in that Court Room !!! IMO

If he hangs his hat on Rachel - it's over.
She LIED, and admitted what she was CAUGHT lying on - who knows what else.
IMO

Perhaps the state didn't present their case as you suggest because they didn't have the evidence to back it up. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Di Maio said that he had examined the autopsy, toxicology and photographic evidence and concluded that the evidence was consistent with Zimmerman’s statements to authorities that Martin was straddling him and that Zimmerman fired his gun with his right hand. The path of the bullet ran from Martin’s left side through part of his heart and into a portion of the right lung, Di Maio testified.

“The medical evidence ... is consistent with his statement,” Di Maio said of Zimmerman’s version of events.
Di Maio also testified that the hole in Martin’s shirt showed that the muzzle of Zimmerman’s gun was touching the clothing, and that the wound on Martin’s chest showed that his skin was two to four inches from the muzzle.

Di Maio said he based his conclusions on analysis of debris from the gunshot, including what he called “powder tattoo marks” surrounding the wound, which give the appearance of a reddish, circular rash on the skin. Such marks, he said, would not be present if the muzzle had been held against Martin’s skin.

“So … the muzzle of the gun was against the clothing. But the clothing itself had to be two to four inches away from the body at the time Mr. Martin was shot,” he said.

“This is consistent with Mr. Zimmerman’s account – that Mr. Martin was over him, leaning forward at the time he was shot,” Di Maio said.

TM was getting up which allowed GZ to pull the gun. If TM has a full mount GZ cannot access the gun.

If the defense shows illustration that depicts TM swinging on GZ. The state should be able to show how the gun would be positioned where the muzzle is touching the clothes but not the skin and how the bullet would enter the left side traveling to the right.

If you don't believe it have someone mount you with a MMA full mount and try to touch your hip. The only way is if they stood up. If TM was getting up that means the fight was stopped by TM.

And Zimmerman could have been my beautiful Hispanic brother being punched and hit...

He's White Hispanic (WTH)? scratching my head in wonder - aren't we Americans?! Heck, I am Native American but who the heck cares

Then how in the world in this scenario would he get the gun in front of his face?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not like he had full control. If you believe the dummy reanactment by the defense. Trayvon was up above over Zimmerman. If Trayvon was pushing his hand with the gun up as it was pointed at his chest as Zimmerman pulls the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo