George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make that 3! While I believe that the prosecution did not do a good job in advocating for Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman initiated this final confrontation. If he had listened to the dispatcher who advised him "we don't need you to do that" when he indicated that he was following Trayvon, we wouldn't be here today. George Zimmerman shot and killed an unarmed teenage boy who had his whole life ahead of him. There must be some consequences for his actions, or justice will be denied for Trayvon.

I have a son, now 34, who because of how he looks and dresses, might be considered "suspicious" by some people. He is one of the kindest, sincere, most compassionate men you will ever meet. George Zimmerman profiled Trayvon, who was doing nothing wrong. My heart breaks for the Fulton and Martin families. I pray that you receive justice for your precious son, a life cut way too short.

I want to believe there will be peace, no matter the outcome. Any and all outsiders should be told to stay the hell home and mind their own business.
You would hope so but apparently the DOJ has been exposed as using tax payer $ to BUS protesters in to Samford ..... who knows what they have planned for this weekend.

UBM

Nor do I....PLUS knowing how much money GZ, friends and family have made off this killing is disgraceful and sickening!!!!

We have seen that both Zimmerman and his Wife are accused of
D I S H O N E S T Y in trying to cover up thousands of dollars in their PayPal accounts , displaying shady characters, to say the least.IMO

I, my family , friends and neighbors are praying Zimmerman will be compelled to face the consequences of killing an unarmed child, after profiling him. IMO

We pray also for peace in the hearts of Trayvon Benjamin Martin's family and friends. IMO

Just picking this post at random (not disagreeing with you). I can't say for sure what really happened the night GZ shot TM...I wasn't there. I find myself leaning either way depending on the day. And that's the problem. I'm not 100%. If I'm a juror, I would have a very hard time convicting GZ of 2nd degree murder. I've followed the trial, and I just haven't had that "Aha"! moment. I can't predict what the jury will do, but I know what I would do (I've kept a very open mind). That being said, I would have no problem convicting him on a lesser charge (assault/battery etc) because, well.. Could you imagine living in a society where it's acceptable to use deadly force if you're losing a fight? GZ obviously had a busted nose and mild injuries to his head, but again.. What's to prevent someone getting a little bloody from just whipping out their gun, shooting, and claiming self defense? This is why I feel there must be some consequence. IMO, OMO, MOO.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

My fear is that the jury will convict and the verdict will be overturned later but GZ will already be dead after being killed in prison. IMO MOO IMHO

Imo, if he goes to prison (which he shouldn't for one second) he will be in solitary the whole time. Even the State of Florida doesn't want him to die in prison while waiting for the DCA reversal -- I hope. jmo

The key is that was his story was self defenseminutes after the fight. He didn't even have time to think of a story, he was ready to tell what happened to the first person he saw that night.

I don't think so...I believe the chief of police failed to initially charge him based on SYG. It was subsequently determined an investigation into whether he provoked the altercation which would negate SYG.

Listening really really hard to the reasons for 3rd murder based on child abuse?

COME ON... That one has me floored and also shows me the Prosecutor is looking for emotional conviction not a factual conviction.

So sad.

Ooohhhh, No no no West!! Stop being snippy, that doesn't work!

I agree totally that this was backhanded, but it doesn't help to whine here.

IMHO

It was reported by WJTV that the jurors' chairs had letters on them this morning asking if they wanted to be interviewed by the media after the verdict was announced. Does anyone else think this is prejudicial? I believe it is! It places fear in the jurors minds (all females) BEFORE they deliberate and announce a verdict. Why not wait and ask them after they announce that they have a verdict? A bailiff could hand out the letters IN THE JURY ROOM and have them decide then without it affecting their verdict....

Really?? Yikes. I absolutely agree that it is prejudicial!

IMO

"Oh My G-d". I don't think you hear that from lawyers in open court very often.

Some of the skeptics and cynics among us, me included, believe that anyone who straps on a fully loaded semi-automatic 9mm just to go out for some milk (his original story) already knows exactly what they will say if they choose or "have" to fire their weapon and either maime or kill an unarmed person. It is MY OPINION that GZ is/was fully aware of what he would "have" to say if the unthinkable happened. All my opinion.

Child Abuse??

REally...well, I wasn't expecting that.

IIRC Florida tried a 12 year old (Lionel Tate) as an adult and imprisoned him on a first degree murder charge but considers a 17 year old punching someone a child?

Absolutely. Saying Zimmerman is at fault simply because he got out of the car etc. is like saying a person who gets hit by a car while walking on the street is at fault because...well...he was out and about on the street. Zimmerman not minding his own business on that fateful night is, at the very worst, a foolish thing to do. Nothing to do with ill will or spite.

And saying Zimmerman is at fault because TM ended up dead is again something I do not understand. Having the right to bear arms and protect oneself is one of the most basic rights afforded to a person living in the United States.

Right. The shooting of TM did not happen because GZ got out of his car nor because TM did not go into his home. When you cut through all the minutia, once TM physically attacked Zim while saying he was going to kill him, the dynamics of this incident changed. GZ was brutally being attacked, beg for help and ultimately had no choice but to shoot his attacker.

Hold on , Folks, Zimmerman was originally and is STILL charged with 2nd Degree Murder...that is NOT new:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-charged-murder-trayvon-martin-killing/story?id=16115469

Adding 3rd Degree Murder was predictable given TM's age, Zimmerman's actions..from the get go.

Actually the Prosecution explained their premise very well. They have given numerous prescedents....Any good Defense would have been prepared...IMO

The Judge is telling West how Third Degree Felony Murder with Child Abuse has been possible all along...it's opened up under the Charge of 2nd Degree Murder....IMO
Since West isn't properly prepared , he calls it a trick..but the Judge already politely pointed out that the Defense has sprung many thing on the Court at the last minute.

Ooohhhh, No no no West!! Stop being snippy, that doesn't work!

I agree totally that this was backhanded, but it doesn't help to whine here.

IMHO

This is going to be interesting. I await the fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech