Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are confusing recipes with law.
Look at it through the eyes of the LAW and see what you come up with.

IMO
First, off...being the daughter of a criminal defense lawyer (lol), I know the law. Humans commit crimes...and that was what I was referring to. Thanks!

When was the last time you were followed at night by some guy you didn't know? Would that scare you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had a violent temper I would be angry and confront that person. If I asked why he's following and I didn't like the answer, I may even hit the guy. MOO.

Hi there, I'm a lurker. Been lurking since the beginning of the Arias trial. I can't lurk any longer. I have to say that I feel like BDLR has insulted my intelligence throughout this entire trial. I can't help but feel that some of the jurors may feel the same. IMO, every time he speaks, the "simple caveman lawyer" skit from SNL pops into my head. Does anyone else think this?

I watched every minute of the jury selection on wftv.com. If you have not seen it I highly recommend you check it out. It is extremely fascinating. Especially the whole group questioning at the end. TO ME, Mark O'Meara presented as a trustworthy law professor, BLDR presented as a stand up comedian. IMO The jurors they questioned seemed insightful and articulate. They were not afraid to voice their opinions or ask questions. They seemed as though they were truly interested in understanding how the law should be applied. This makes me hopeful for a just verdict if the jury can keep their courage to give one. IMO

Normally, I am a solid pro prosecution supporter of justice. My reaction to this trial has surprised me. It has been an eye-opening experience for me to see the length at which the government can and will attempt to manipulate the justice system and the media can and will manipulate the public. IMO

All of this is very heartbreaking, sad and scary. IMO.

I appreciate the opinions, insights and civility on this forum. This is a good place with well-meaning, considerate people. Going back to lurking now.

Horace, it is you who maybe is not watching the trial, Trayvon did nothing wrong, walking home is not a crime, carrying a gun and using it to kill an unarmed teen is a crime, maybe not where u live but it sure is where I am

Of course he did imo. He attacked GZ, all evidence points to that, he was mad at the creepy cracker and took action. Also, I would say that having illegal street drugs in his system was wrong as well, imo. GZ did not commit a crime imo it was self defense. When you intentionally leave out facts, it hurts credibility. He didn't just see TM and start shooting for no reason imo. People don't call 9-11 and then decide to kill for no reason imo. Aren't we past the inflammatory "he was killed for wearing a hoodie", "he was armed with skittles" stuff? imo

Horace, it is you who maybe is not watching the trial, Trayvon did nothing wrong, walking home is not a crime, carrying a gun and using it to kill an unarmed teen is a crime, maybe not where u live but it sure is where I am

Doubling back to attack GZ would be a crime.

IMO

Good gosh - I certainly hope spit wasn't flying out of De la Rionda's mouth during that tirade, otherwise some of the jurors might need to make use of tissues, considering how closely he was standing to the jury box.

Lol. I know he didn't pull over anyone. I was responding to the original post about LE being allowed to do certain things. GZ was not LE. Following someone and killing them is against the law. This is why we are all here. :truce:

Sorry. That is not why we are here. We are here because a man was being beat up and shot at the aggressor and killed in defense.

So the fact Trayvon did NOT steal the skittles proves what???? Do people get medals for NOT stealing everything in sight these days??

Lordy.

IMO.

I don't know. We've had the discussion repeatedly. He says he'd run.
But I'm not sure as he's very confident. He's been grabbed up at the neck by an adult man. He remained calm and resisted the urge to use his 10 years of martial arts training and 4 years of karv maga. The man let go. He remained calm.

Charges were filed and the man prosecuted.
He must make you proud. You sound like a loving, caring mom.

If your troubled son came to stay with you for a week, wouldn't you let him know of a Neighborhood Watch Program....and maybe even grounded him??

or maybe even stay home with him at your own home, or at least at your girlfriend's and not give him $100 to take care of himself while you're gone. smh jmo

Have seen this in other trials...some jurors just don't do that. Means nothing in particular. IMO
I remember when BS and others said that when the verdict for CA came in. ITA, means nothing.

I would guess many. I remember the case where 3 teens fought 1 boy and they killed him, IIRC, by stomping on him. It's disgusting. I am often nostalgic and I think back to my older brothers telling me about the good 'ole days when a fist-fight settled things. The boy who fought them one day was his best friend the next. No knives, no guns, no stomping on someone's head, no slamming someone's head on the pavement. IMO

Hollywood doesn't help with cage fighting movies, etc. Gangs are a problem as well as street fighting. IMO

I also realize Hollywood is sometimes just a reflection of society.

I hope Zimmerman is convicted of at least manslaughter. He may have a legal defense but its a twisting of the intent of the law IMO. Morally and ethically he is guilty of murder. IMO

What statute or law did he violate due to his moral or ethical failures? Since this is a legal proceeding, how do you feel legally? IMO

Young man again, not child. Interesting. MOO.

I don't know. We've had the discussion repeatedly. He says he'd run.
But I'm not sure as he's very confident. He's been grabbed up at the neck by an adult man. He remained calm and resisted the urge to use his 10 years of martial arts training and 4 years of karv maga. The man let go. He remained calm.

Charges were filed and the man prosecuted.

I'm so glad your son is okay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member