George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note, West looks like he is going to have a stroke..

What it comes down to is the state has to prove that Zimmerman attacked Martin. Not followed him. Not profiled him. Not wannabe copped him or whatever. Not that the situation could have been avoided if he dd not exit his car. The state has to prove that Zimmerman attacked. Initiated violence. And I can't see where they came anywhere near that.

I agree. No evidence presented by the state that Zimmerman initiated the fight.
And frankly, wanting to be a cop or a judge usually is considered a noble career goal. I am not sure why prosecutor would use it as some sort of negative on Zimmerman. Especially considering he is the prosecutor. What did he want to be?

I just keep hearing in my head, "they always get away".
IMO, but directly from 911 call.

I just can't watch any more trials for a long time, even though there are so many interesting ones coming. After this one, I'll have to check into WS at night to visit, but you guys might hook me.

I agree. I find this very distasteful.

As someone pointed out, in ever other forum I have read at this site, the victim is treated with dignity. This one, the victim and his family have been consistently disparaged and worse.

Thank you. This is what troubles me the most, I'm very disappointed that TM, the victim, has not only suffered from a lack of sympathy, he had been made out to be a malicious attacker when there's NO EVIDENCE he had even hit GZ. IMO.

GZ had some MINOR injuries, period. TM had *ZERO* DNA of GZ on him, showing that he didn't punch, slam or tussle with GZ. Yet most insist that the lack of this CRUCIAL evidence means *NOTHING* and continue to state as a FACT that TM slammed and punched GZ. IMO.

Finally, it isn't enough for self-defense if a fight or an attack takes place. The defense *MUST* prove *REASONABLE FEAR* for one's life. GZ's tiny injuries will not lead any reasonable person to believe that GZ would have died or sustained great bodily harm *IMMINENTLY* when he shot to kill TM.

These words are very important - *REASONABLE* FEAR FOR *IMMINENT* DEATH/GREAT BODILY HARM.

It is not enough that you're being attacked in some manner as fights happen all the time, every minute, everywhere in the world. If the fears are not reasonable, if great bodily harm is not imminent, then there's no legal, legitimate basis for KILLING another person citing "self-defense". IMO Otherwise, anyone can bring a gun along at any fight and then kill the other citing "self-defense", GZ being acquitted would set a chilling precedent. IMO.

GZ had every right to fight, as did TM, but did he have the right to kill?

:twocents:MOO

I got a root canal. Now you believe me? IMO

Im not saying I don't believe you but I have had more than one root canal, Wisdom teeth extractions and have never looked like I have been beaten up like GZ was.

And it was painful. I had a root canal in my front tooth.3 times.

The classic picture of the day was when the court camera showed GZ's father falling asleep. IMO

imo, that was 1000% fabrication to cover for the fact that Trayvon is the only one of the two that used a racial slur.

I actually believed that was said by RJ to TM in order to kid him a bit out of his fear.I know it sounds strange,but it is what one friend might say to another as a joke to lighten the moment.
I do think TM was uneasy due to the actions of GZ.
IMO

I would not take a firearm outside my house either but I can't imagine not coming to the aid of a neighbor if I heard them screaming. It has always bothered me that not one of his neighbors came to aid GZ.

I think it kinda shows the mind-set of the neighborhood, that a lot had happened there, and everyone was uneasy.
Wonder how many vacant condos are in that neighborhood now?

That was a pretty effective closing.

REALLY effective. And I liked the way he "inoculated" against the rebuttal that is to follow.

All the evidence is in, there is NO MORE evidence to be presented, if you aren't convinced now, then you have made your decision. Words to that affect. Don't be swayed by sympathy, or yelling.

IMHO

Thank you. This is what troubles me the most, I'm very disappointed that TM, the victim, has not only suffered from a lack of sympathy, he had been made out to be a malicious attacker when there's NO EVIDENCE he had even hit GZ. IMO.

GZ had some MINOR injuries, period. TM had *ZERO* DNA of GZ on him, showing that he didn't punch, slam or tussle with GZ. Yet most insist that the lack of this CRUCIAL evidence means *NOTHING* and continue to state as a FACT that TM slammed and punched GZ. IMO.

Finally, it isn't enough for self-defense if a fight or an attack takes place. The defense *MUST* prove *REASONABLE FEAR* for one's life. GZ's tiny injuries will not lead any reasonable person to believe that GZ would have died or sustained great bodily harm *IMMINENTLY* when he shot to kill TM.

These words are very important - *REASONABLE* FEAR FOR *IMMINENT* DEATH/GREAT BODILY HARM.

It is not enough that you're being attacked in some manner as fights happen all the time, every minute, everywhere in the world. If the fears are not reasonable, if great bodily harm is not imminent, then there's no basis for KILLING another person citing "self-defense". IMO

GZ had every right to fight, as did TM, but did he have the right to kill?

:twocents:MOO

There is evidence and witness testimony. He is the one that spoke to GZ after calling him an epithet. Not the other way around as per state witness RJ.
HE told her he was AT his daddy's house and then he is back where GZ was.

The evidence shows his movement back to and speaking to GZ.

And if it is just an innocent person walking home from the store to his home - then what?:moo: IMO

GZ didn't see it that way. To George, TM was one of those "(exploitive) that always get away". George made sure this this one didn't.

We know beyond a reasonable doubt that GZ shot and killed TM. We know that GZ had not witnessed TM commit any crime before George got out of his truck and went after TM. The location of items found at the crime scent is inconsistent with GZ's story that he went straight to the next street to find and address and was headed back to his truck when TM jumped him. The injuries to GZ are also inconsistent with his head being repeatedly slammed against the concrete sidewalk by TM.

We also need to remember that when this shooting happened, GZ was not the overweight blob he is today. GZ was in shape, exercised regularly, and had worked as a bar bouncer. George was not a stranger to physical altercations and had a history of being overly aggressive.

And yet best supports none of GZ's DNA on or injuries to Trayvon's hands.
Fancy that.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
We know that witness saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech