George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone mentioned what the next step might be if he's found NG? Could there be Federal charges filed?

That won't happen. If he is found not guilty, he will be acquitted and let go. The prosecution will probably just let it go. I can't imagine they'd do that.

i'd be kissing the ground right now if i was excused as an alternative juror.

I would not want to have this case in my hand at all.

JMO

Has anyone mentioned what the next step might be if he's found NG? Could there be Federal charges filed?

:twocents: I hope NOT ... that would be "double jeopardy" ...

:please::please::please: for George !

News conference urging peeps to remain calm after verdict.

What a shame that this is even needed.

IMO

Cracker originated from the 'cracking' of the whip but has evolved over the generations to refer to color instead of the sound of 'cracking'.

IMO JMO but you can research it.
As early as the 1760s, this term was in use by the upper class planters in the British North American colonies to refer to Scots-Irish and English settlers in the south, most of whom were descendants of English bond servants. A letter to the Earl of Dartmouth reads:

"I should explain to your Lordship what is meant by Crackers; a name they have got from being great boasters; they are a lawless set of rascalls on the frontiers of Virginia, Maryland, the Carolinas, and Georgia, who often change their places of abode

This is just one of many uses...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_(pejorative)

IMO opinion the N word derived from only one use IMO

So nobody found it strange that GZ told Hannity that TM actually skipped away, and did not run. Hannity then told GZ that he originally told the NEN operator that TM ran. GZ replies with it was more of a skip instead of a full on run. Is that not an example of GZ altering details of what happened that night to fit his version of the incident? And does that not sound different from what you heard GZ say on the NEN call? He said "S***, he ran", then hopped out of his vehicle. He didn't say "s*** he skipped". That's just one instance of GZ altering facts. I asked another poster hear who has told us that she had a similar attack happen to her, if she had any problems recalling the attack. She didn't respond and I don't hold it against her because I'm sure that's not something she wants to dredge up. But to me, IMHO, I would not have any problems recalling what happened. This is the issue so many are having with GZ. He doesn't seem credible.

Skipped..? he seriously tried to sell that? Skipped? dangerous teen thugs are so often seen skipping. It's the ultimate in "gangster"

IMO using sarcasm

I thought, in direct exam (or maybe even on cross), Rachel said she & TM met as neighbors about kndergarden age and had known each other since, meaning no years-long gaps in friendship.

Then I read something online (blog?) that said, they knew each other in (early?) grade school and one moved away from the area, and they just "reconnected" a month or two before his death?

Anybody know?
Thx in adv. :seeya:

The second version is correct.

I will say this, after watching the entire case now I do believe I know why the state was happy with the all women jury. IMO that is because their entire case was built on emotion rather than facts. Now being a woman I will admit we are in general much more emotional creatures than men. HOWEVER, I think the state made a big mistake because IMO women also put alot more thought in to everything. We don't simply go with our gut and make decisions. We tend think through all the circumstances. And it is my heart felt belief that that thought process will go against the state.

JMOO

praying for George and also praying that if this results in a hung jury that the state decides not to try this case anymore.

The moment the back of your head slams the concrete. The first time might be iffy. The second time your head hits pavement you are in a panicked fear for your life. I don't care who you are. At that moment you are completely justified in acting to save your life. Every instinct hard wired into you will be to protect yourself at all costs.

And just some filler for those questioning the severity of Zimmerman's injuries. I am a retired EMS Captain and Paramedic. I am or have been considered skilled and appropriate to give testimony before the court on the subject of injury and medical emergency and have done so on several occasions. What I see from those pictures of Zimmerman's head is very consistent with a fairly vicious or brutal bare handed assault. There are signs of multiple impacts to the back of his head and some noticeable swelling, very indicative of smacking the back of the head on concrete. His face had swelling and contusions consistent with blows from a softer object, ie a fist. An impact from a hard object such as "recoil from the gun" would typically look different and more often than not would cause lacerations and skin tears on the face. This is just my opinion mind you. But it is a skilled knowledgeable opinion.

Thanks just wasn't enough...

Personally, if I was a juror, I would have wanted to hear from good-citizen GZ myself. I know he had no legal obligation to do so, but when a person claims self-defense, isn't it said time and time again with other trials that it's necessary to put the defendant on the stand?

BBM

If they are losing the case. In addition, in this case the defense was able to get GZ's side of the story out to the jury by the prosecution introducing so much of his statements and video into evidence. This is not a typical case. I would never testify even if I was 100% innocent, because too many jurors read into irrelavent things like body language, etc. IMO

?? Sick? They were just saying that O'Mara was putting people to sleep with his tone. They also stated that the jurors paid attention to every word Guy said..

Who knows..you can never, ever, predict what a jury will do.

I thought O'Mara's closing was brilliant. Sorry we disagree.

So nobody found it strange that GZ told Hannity that TM actually skipped away, and did not run. Hannity then told GZ that he originally told the NEN operator that TM ran. GZ replies with it was more of a skip instead of a full on run. Is that not an example of GZ altering details of what happened that night to fit his version of the incident? And does that not sound different from what you heard GZ say on the NEN call? He said "S***, he ran", then hopped out of his vehicle. He didn't say "s*** he skipped". That's just one instance of GZ altering facts. I asked another poster hear who has told us that she had a similar attack happen to her, if she had any problems recalling the attack. She didn't respond and I don't hold it against her because I'm sure that's not something she wants to dredge up. But to me, IMHO, I would not have any problems recalling what happened. This is the issue so many are having with GZ. He doesn't seem credible.

So he changes aspects of the story. The core of the story itself has not changed though. They even hooked him up to a machine and he passed (I'm pretty sure of this). Is it not normal to change certain things because you can't remember them clearly (for good reason IMO)?

I have no faith in Florida juries. IMO, they may very well opt for a compromise verdict of manslaughter. IMO, that would be as big a miscarriage of justice as the Casey Anthony verdict. JMO. OMO. MOO.

You don't need to receive any injuries to be in fear of your life.

I'm a sissy. I fear for my life if I'm the forth step on a ladder.

I believe it's a REASONABLE fear needed in court. George's fear wasn't reasonable. IMO

I know my fear is unreasonable.

Listen to the defense closing today. They put his lies up on the screen and went through them one by one. imo

Ok, I will relisten tonight. I thought they were reaching when I first heard it. But, I will listen again. Thanks.

To me, its like when someone says they saw a car coming at them at 100mph, when in actuality, it was 85mph, or they say the spider was "this big" when in fact it was a tiny spider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley216