George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it isn't true that jury would have to wait until Monday to give their verdict because people feel rioting. Wow. What has the world come to? Who would ever want to be a juror now??

I think it would be easier for LE to be in control over the weekend because many businesses are closed and there are fewer people that must be out and about. IMO

Who knows? But even if we assume Trayvon hit him with a fist or elbow it means nothing. Likewise, even if Zimmerman bonked his nose on the sidewalk it means nothing. No one is disputing that some kind of physical altercation took place.

What I find interesting is that Zimmerman never attempted to defend himself in any way, he never hit Martin or scratched him, he never bit him, he claims he was fighting for his life against a suddenly homicidal maniac, a guy he claims told him he was going to kill him, and he never did any of that. He just shot him.

And by the way...

How LIKELY is it that Martin, who has no history of violence and multiple character witnesses who have spoken up about his laid back nature, would suddenly attack someone and tell them that he planned to murder them?

That's what Zimmerman claimed. He claimed that Martin told him he was going to murder him. Does that seem plausible?

His history of violent acts wasn't brought into evidence. Not they they didn't exist.

iMHO

Oh also, OT, but the judge did not remove the foreman in the Scott Peterson trial he asked to be removed.

Who knows? But even if we assume Trayvon hit him with a fist or elbow it means nothing. Likewise, even if Zimmerman bonked his nose on the sidewalk it means nothing. No one is disputing that some kind of physical altercation took place.

What I find interesting is that Zimmerman never attempted to defend himself in any way, he never hit Martin or scratched him, he never bit him, he claims he was fighting for his life against a suddenly homicidal maniac, a guy he claims told him he was going to kill him, and he never did any of that. He just shot him.

And by the way...

How LIKELY is it that Martin, who has no history of violence and multiple character witnesses who have spoken up about his laid back nature, would suddenly attack someone and tell them that he planned to murder them?

That's what Zimmerman claimed. He claimed that Martin told him he was going to murder him. Does that seem plausible?

BBM

Who testified to this? About his laid back nature? As a matter of fact, I don't recall any testimony talking a lot about TM the person.

Oh also, OT, but the judge did not remove the foreman in the Scott Peterson trial he asked to be removed.

i think this conversation is being deleted, MeeBee.

Sorry again to have pulled us off-topic.

IMHO

This is the scary part. I wouldn't dare try to predict what this jury will do. There's at least one person that thinks GZ is innocent, and at least one that thinks he's guilty. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a hung jury, but I gotta admit, nothing would surprise me.

How do you know this?

A couple of minutes is a long time when you are the one involved in the fight. They are people they have died from one punch, didn't happen here, but imminent could of been one punch which doesn't take long. IMO JMO

Again, it matters that the belief of *IMMINENT DEATH* MUST be *REASONABLE*. Sure a tiny, tiny % of people in the world died from one single punch, but that's 0.0000000000000000000000000000000....000001% of the zillions of single punches flying every second in the world we live in. IMO.

So is the belief that "Single punches cause death" *REASONABLE*? If someone tells you that he punched someone, would you ask "Did you kill him?"

Perhaps TM had supernatural strength (but GZ worked as a BOUNCER...so he was no pushover and could very well fight, he even threw a woman once...) and *COULD HAVE* dealt a lethal blow to GZ right at the 2.1 minute when he was shot dead, but the question is, Is that *REASONABLE* to believe?

Seeing how unaffected GZ was by his injuries, how he had his wits about him, how he walked around without help at the crime scene and at the police station after shooting TM, refusing ER, how he could work the next day, how he never had any bruises for days after, etc., a reasonable person would think GZ wasn't in any imminent danger at the moment he shot TM in the heart. IMO

One instance that happened something like 8 years ago. Good try I guess. Was he preying on the ATF officer too when he was helping his friend?

Too bad nobody else testifying to how bad of a person GZ was. At least I never heard any state witness testify to that.
Personally, if I was a juror, I would have wanted to hear from good-citizen GZ myself. I know he had no legal obligation to do so, but when a person claims self-defense, isn't it said time and time again with other trials that it's necessary to put the defendant on the stand?

I know he lied about $$, but that doesn't make him a murderer. I am looking for lies regarding the events of the evening.

Listen to the defense closing today. They put his lies up on the screen and went through them one by one. imo

I think it would be easier for LE to be in control over the weekend because many businesses are closed and there are fewer people that must be out and about. IMO

True. But I so wish things like that would not happen. I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

I thought, in direct exam (or maybe even on cross), Rachel said she & TM met as neighbors about kndergarden age and had known each other since, meaning no years-long gaps in friendship.

Then I read something online (blog?) that said, they knew each other in (early?) grade school and one moved away from the area, and they just "reconnected" a month or two before his death?

Anybody know?
Thx in adv. :seeya:

i think this conversation is being deleted, MeeBee.

Sorry again to have pulled us off-topic.

IMHO

No it's still there as is my link to what actually happened with the foreman.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9661355&postcount=1462"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12[/ame]

"Cracker" refers to the white color of the skin. Pale as a cracker.

IMHO

Cracker originated from the 'cracking' of the whip but has evolved over the generations to refer to color instead of the sound of 'cracking'.

IMO JMO but you can research it.

So nobody found it strange that GZ told Hannity that TM actually skipped away, and did not run. Hannity then told GZ that he originally told the NEN operator that TM ran. GZ replies with it was more of a skip instead of a full on run. Is that not an example of GZ altering details of what happened that night to fit his version of the incident? And does that not sound different from what you heard GZ say on the NEN call? He said "S***, he ran", then hopped out of his vehicle. He didn't say "s*** he skipped". That's just one instance of GZ altering facts. I asked another poster hear who has told us that she had a similar attack happen to her, if she had any problems recalling the attack. She didn't respond and I don't hold it against her because I'm sure that's not something she wants to dredge up. But to me, IMHO, I would not have any problems recalling what happened. This is the issue so many are having with GZ. He doesn't seem credible.

I thought, in direct exam (or maybe even on cross), Rachel said she & TM met as neighbors about kndergarden age and had known each other since, meaning no years-long gaps in friendship.

Then I read something online (blog?) that said, they knew each other in (early?) grade school and one moved away from the area, and they just "reconnected" a month or two before his death?

Anybody know?
Thx in adv. :seeya:

yes. They knew each other as children, and then came into contact again on DeeDee's birthday, Feb. 1 of that year. Something about he was a friend of her cousins.

IMHO

I hope everything is peaceful. I can't imagine becoming violent over a decision that as no effect on me personally. JMO.

Some might believe that it does effect them personally. They see this case as one more incident in a pattern of injustice or unequal justice. IMO

Personally, if I was a juror, I would have wanted to hear from good-citizen GZ myself. I know he had no legal obligation to do so, but when a person claims self-defense, isn't it said time and time again with other trials that it's necessary to put the defendant on the stand?

But he did testify. The state played all his interviews. Why should he have to get on the stand after that.

Blame the state for introducing all of that so that GZ didn't have to testify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pixilove