George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm obviously not DGC, but I think I understand where she's coming from. My neighbors were the victims of a home invasion last year and, ever since then, everyone in the neighborhood has been keeping a more watchful eye, looking out for folks that we don't recognize, in an effort to keep our neighborhood safer.

That sounds like a perfectly reasonable course of action to me. MOO.

Food for thought... Some may see this, some may not... but food for thought anyway:

In your own neighborhood, for whatever your own reasons, you and your husband or boyfriend see somebody outside who seems suspicious...

How many of your husbands/boyfriends would go outside to investigate, and possibly bring something with them (golf club, bat, etc). Just curious.

Going to investigate someone or something that YOU deem suspicious is not the craziest concept in the world. I've heard noises before and have grabbed a coat hanger to go investigate. Probably smarter to stay locked in my bedroom. But I still went to look because I wanted to know what was up.

Food for thought.

IMO

Perhaps I'm the odd duck in the room, but I would never, EVER let my boyfriend go outside to "investigate," and take a weapon. If we're suspicious or afraid, we'd call the police. Over my dead body would I let someone I love go out to investigate a possibly dangerous individual. We have doors with locks on them. If the person tries to get in, that's a different story. Until that time, that's what police are for. IMO

GZ had a "U" shaped mark on the back of his head that looked like an impression from the water meter cover. It is clear in one of the photos of his head and can be matched up with the photo of the water meter cover.

Proof and reference please.

:twocents: IF I see someone suspicious on "my turf" I'm going to investigate immediately ...

I strongly support the RIGHT to defend myself ... and usually, when "something happens," LE is usually not around to see it ...

JMO but IF I'm in danger, I'm going to do what I have to do to defend myself AND defend myself with a weapon of MY choice ... I'm not going to wait for LE to show up because I could be "gone" by that time ...

IN MY OPINION ... MOO ... JMO !

:moo:

I have absolutely no doubt that people will have differing opinions on this. And I totally understand and respect that.

The biggest thing that I'm trying to get across is that the concept of going to check out something suspicious is not crazy, in my opinion. Is it good judgement, probably not. But again, the concept of investigating can make sense. It doesn't have to mean you are a stalker, or over-zealous, or full of hatred, or want to kill. Sometimes when people see or hear something suspicious, they investigate. That's my only point.

IMO

I understand - but object to the someone starting a fight, then finds they are losing - then uses deadly force.Then claims self defense.

Stay in your truck George - you were considered unfit and obese.

IMO

That's the danger, it sets a precedent, at least in Florida, that you can start a fight or get involved in one and then when you find you are losing you can kill them and say they were killing me. It's dangerous.

Exactly Cityslick, that was my scenario from the get go, but apparently the person who overpowers the original attacker in my scenario can't claim self defense because they have used "aggression and assault" ??? IMO

No, they can if they were not the initial aggressor. It's all about who the initial aggressor is and that you can prove that.

How on earth does that help George? IMO

Because when something like that happens you almost (at least in my case) say that it was more or bigger than it was. It's just the way the brain feels. It always sounds worse than it is. Let's take a fighter in an actual fight. They will say something like it felt like he was hitting me 100 times in the ribs, or something to that effect. Is that correct? No. But it probably felt like it after about 15 or 20. ALL IMO.

What it comes down to is the state has to prove that Zimmerman attacked Martin. Not followed him. Not profiled him. Not wannabe copped him or whatever. Not that the situation could have been avoided if he dd not exit his car. The state has to prove that Zimmerman attacked. Initiated violence. And I can't see where they came anywhere near that.

Creepy would indicate to me a level of fear or an uneasy feeling.
IMO

But he didn't just say 'creepy.' He used the word creepy in conjunction with, and as part of, a racial slur. A racial slur that, to me, speaks to a hostile state of mind on the part of TM. IMO

You can assert self-defense even if you are the initial aggressor. And I stand by my statement that it's not a relevant point. jmo

That's why I thought that he is being charged with murder2. It's crazy that a guy goes looking for another human and has one already in the chamber. What was his purpose other than to go hunting?

IMO

I hope MOM finishes soon. I am not feeling much from his closing at all. It's boring me.

This is not the case of how fast you might be going on the freeway or how big something is...

This is a killing of an unarmed teenager. You do not "embellish" to LE, that is a LIE! It's perjury and interference with an investigation.

GZ changed his story so many times. The truth never changes. He's lying to get away with a crime. MOO
The lead detective believed that Zimmerman was telling the truth, and I think he said his statements were consistant.
:twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents: MOO:twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::cluckcluck:twocents::twocents:

Wow, moving along, what do we have now the State's rebuttal to this? I think they said they will take an hour. imo

Because when something like that happens you almost (at least in my case) say that it was more or bigger than it was. It's just the way the brain feels. It always sounds worse than it is. Let's take a fighter in an actual fight. They will say something like it felt like he was hitting me 100 times in the ribs, or something to that effect. Is that correct? No. But it probably felt like it after about 15 or 20. ALL IMO.

But George didn't say it felt like, he said it was. That's not an embellishment unless it was qualified. That's no way to defend George.

Wow. O'Mara was great!!!!! I love the way he closed with simply telling the Jury how easy this is and what to do. Brilliant!

I think George will be acquitted.

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members