George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is GZ not Crying or showing remorse at this very moment hearing this woman's trauma after seeing TM body lay lifeless? at this very moment while TMs mom crying?

<modsnip>.

:scared: "He's got Jodi Arias eyes....." (Do ya hear the song in your head?!?):floorlaugh:

Sorry, it popped into my head, I had to do it!

Seriously though, I think he is sedated. In all honesty I probably would be also, if I was on trial for killing a kid.

West sure knows how to beat a dead horse. Surdyka has answered his questions about her impressions of the voices over and over. He is insulting in his method of trying to get her to deny her own testimony. He should learn to give up and move on when he cannot make a point. She said "it's a duck" 50 times! <modsnip> .

The defense attorneys are some of the more professional that I've seen in a trial. Just because they have the word 'defense' in front of their title doesn't make them automatically bad.

Last time I checked people have the freedom to show remorse in the court. In fact it is encouraged.

Plus remorse is not something you can just turn off. Have you ever tried to not cry while nervous and hearing yourself kill another person Infront of that persons own mother?

I don't see where you get this factoid of no emotion being allowed in court in moments like these such as crying/hanging head down in shame/etc.

No. Really you are supposed to hold it together and not be overly emotional. Even the families.

You can control your emotions. IT is why TA's family while crying still kept it under control.

Why should he hand his head in shame??? He was protecting his own life. He was attacked. He defended himself. That is not shameful.

More than likely GZ has been advised to be stoic. JMO

Seems like West is trying to make every witness into<modsnip>
Just because people actually witness something...and end up on tv talking about it...does NOT mean they are looking for anything.

When stories blow up...and people go looking for information...and other people have it, it's no surprise to me that those people actually give that information.

I didn't like it when he did it yesterday, and I don't like it today.

People handle stress in different ways. You may handle stress very differently than I do.

His demeanor has no bearing on his guilt or innocence, in my opinion.

Thats Fine, but IMHO it does make a difference.

And my issue was with another user saying that emotion isn't allowed in the courtroom (even signals or remorse)

Lol sorry if that were true everyone including the lawyers would have been thrown out by now...

West sure knows how to beat a dead horse. Surdyka has answered his questions about her impressions of the voices over and over. He is insulting in his method of trying to get her to deny her own testimony. He should learn to give up and move on when he cannot make a point. She said "it's a duck" 50 times! <modsnip> .

That is his job. To make sure she is discredited and her testimony is turned.

Let me ask this, do you believe GZ physically attacked TM first, when there is no evidence that shows that GZ was an aggressive person? (believe the NW supervisor described him as meek).

I believe some of what GZ said on his walkthrough video. That TM asked him if he had a problem. Instead of saying he was NW, what he said was that he didn't have a problem. So now we have a kid being obviously followed by some guy and he is not telling him why. GZ states in the video that after that initial exchange that he reached for his cell phone. That he mysteriously put in his pocket in the seconds that he had just gotten off the phone.

If when reaching for his cell phone TM thought GZ was reaching for a gun I can see him hitting GZ. Ever heard of fight or flight? What I'm saying is that in GZ's own account I can see why TM might think that his life was in imminent danger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And people automatically assume defense attorneys are lying...... NOT in this case.

Defense did not hide evidence from the State, it was the State hiding evidence from the Defense.

This is why BDLR is not doing the talking and has Guy do it for him.

I believe some of what GZ said on his walkthrough video. That TM asked him if he had a problem. Instead of saying he was NW, what he said was that he didn't have a problem. So now we have a kid being obviously followed by some guy and he is not telling him why. GZ states in the video that after that initial exchange that he reached for his cell phone. That he mysteriously put in his pocket in the seconds that he had just gotten off the phone.

If when reaching for his cell phone TM thought GZ was reaching for a gun I can see him hitting GZ. Ever heard of fight or flight? What I'm saying is that in GZ's own account I can see why TM might think that his life was in imminent danger.

Why would George have to say he was on NW..... he was not on NW that night or any night.

Not that I'm saying this is what happened (or could even be proven) but do you realize in your scenario GZ would not be guilty of 2nd degree murder?

why would he be screaming if he saw the gun?

You're unarmed, being followed first in car and then on foot by a man you don't know and when he gets close enough to you, you see a gun. You wouldn't scream? Really? I would be screaming for help thinking this man is about to shoot me.

And people automatically assume defense attorneys are lying...... NOT in this case.

Defense did not hide evidence from the State, it was the State hiding evidence from the Defense.

Can you provide more information (a link if possible) to the story behind this?
Like I said, I have deliberately not watched anything on this case.

TIA

Seems like West is trying to make every witness.....

I think though that if you are a witness you should stay away from media before testifying. It does not look good to me.

ETA: Quote to reflect MOD editing..

You know what helps me when reading posts - I simply add "In my opinion" to the start of every post -

I think it is more about the neighborhood watch committee asking for their members to wear a uniform/shirt/hot so that they don't appear to ppl like TM to be some <modsnip> just following them/watching them in the dark.

Also the state didn't bridge the gap between stand your ground laws and the neighborhood watch handbook codes.

Can you explain please. I did not pay attention to this case when it happened due to the high drama. I punched in at jury selection.

I don't believe so. It's obvious she has trauma and some cognitive dissonance related to the incident (they practically had to send a bus for her!) so ethically to attribute her spotty memory due to PTSD from that day to a lack of credibility is just going to make the defense look even more heartless than knock knock joke.

What does the defense lawyer's joke on the first day of trial have to do with this witness?

George had his gun hidden until he took it out to defend himself.

TM saw his gun at some point and tried to take it.... So Why would he be screaming if George's gun was hidden?

Exactly, and then he started screaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member