George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the picture the witness was just shown of GZ?

I cannot for the life of me figure out why the state would put today's witnesses on the stand.

I don't know if you are trying to make a dig towards Mr. Martin for calling the police first. My son, who is incredibly responsible, has never touched a drug in his life, is a great kid, didn't come home the other night and when I called his phone it went to voicemail. The first thing I did after not being able to get in touch with him, was call the police! I don't find anything suspicious about Mr. Martin calling LE, they would have all the information regarding accidents etc...JMO and personal experience as a Mom.

Because my kid is so dependable and responsible when he was 20 minutes late& cell phone to voice mail... I called the police near hysterical!

Thanks - hope there is a photo as pictures are much better than words.

"Other than the gunshot, the only injury found on Martin's body was a 1/4" x 1/8" abrasion on his left hand".

Link: http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/10/george-zimmerman-murder-trayvon-martin-autopsy

Trayvon was right handed. If Trayvon was beating Zimmerman up, he would have punched him with his dominate hand. Furthermore, I believe there would have been much more significant wounds to Trayvon's hands if he were punching GZ, as Zimmerman reports. JMO

IMO, Not at all. They show that he called each and every time there was a disturbance or suspicious behavior as he was taught to. He was always following the rules. He is always calm. I say it goes for him.

I agree and in fact, as Neighborhood watch Captains---people would call George and he sometimes would call the police.

Prosecution wants to slip in five calls where he was asked a description but there are 47 calls where he calls on white people, stray dogs, alarms, garage doors being opened, small kids unattended playing in the street.

Zimmerman also stopped a burglary in progress three weeks before the shooting by calling.

Neighbors said he helped them carry groceries into their apartment, changed peoples tires, etc. This is a good neighbor.

He also said on one call that suspects run to one apartment complex over when the cops show up and the cops should bring another cruiser to patrol that area as well. Which shows he wasn't angry 'when they always get away it', but talking strategy of what he believes occurs.

This is what bugs me sometimes.. The truth should be what matters. He should be able to show witness an accurate picture of how TM looked that night..

I am so confused. A piece of evidence the prosecution has already had admitted and agreed to, is then objected to and requires a bench discussion when the defense wishes to show it to the witness?? Then the judge follows up with instructions and even seems to argue for the prosecution? Then when the witness identifies the evidence and says she used it to come to an opinion, the judge requires even for bench discussion and agreement by the prosecution??? This is so different from other trials I've followed.

This is what I said:

This points to some obvious questions about why Martin was still out and about and in the vicinity of Zimmerman when he had so much time to get home or even out of the general area if he was so scared of Zimmerman.​

I acknowledged how Martin may have felt about Zimmerman.

I know that if I were afraid of someone following me, and thought they may wish to do me harm, I certainly would not stick around in the area in which they are looking for me. Which is why I asserted that it was odd to me that Martin did not a) go home or b) leave the area if he was as afraid of a strange man following him as some individuals allege.

Going home is not smart...if you are being followed.

Where else was he supposed to go? He was on foot. He was in a residential neighborhood. He knew this guy had a truck somewhere nearby.

Blaming TM for his death because he wasn't at home...is well, I will stop myself there. I like chatting with y'all during the trial. LOL!!

Remember, GZ thought TM was "up to no good" and "on drugs" and "something was wrong with him".

But TM knew he was innocent and doing nothing wrong...so he thought GZ was just following him for some unknown reason. Which puts him on the defensive.

IMO, GZ's actions that night put TM on the defense. Which means he was defending himself from an unknown threat. And you can't claim you are defending yourself from someone defending themselves.

If I was the prosecutor, I'd be scrambling to figure out how to undo what, IMO, has been weak, if not damaging, testimony by this witness.

If I was a juror, I wouldn't give any credence to her testimony regarding the size of either person on the night of the killing, since she testified that she saw "shadows".

IMO, her only reliable testimony, so far, pertains only to what she heard.

Going home is not smart...if you are being followed.

Where else was he supposed to go? He was on foot. He was in a residential neighborhood. He knew this guy had a truck somewhere nearby.

Blaming TM for his death because he wasn't at home...is well, I will stop myself there. I like chatting with y'all during the trial. LOL!!

Remember, GZ thought TM was "up to no good" and "on drugs" and "something was wrong with him".

But TM knew he was innocent and doing nothing wrong...so he thought GZ was just following him for some unknown reason. Which puts him on the defensive.

IMO, GZ's actions that night put TM on the defense. Which means he was defending himself from an unknown threat. And you can't claim you are defending yourself from someone defending themselves.

How did he know GZ was following him, he started running before GZ even got out of the car?

Isn't Bernie de la Rionda the initial DA that didn't think there was enough evidence to press charges?

I wonder if now he's sitting back and thinking, "I tried to tell them..."

"Other than the gunshot, the only injury found on Martin's body was a 1/4" x 1/8" abrasion on his left hand".

Link: http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/10/george-zimmerman-murder-trayvon-martin-autopsy

Trayvon was right handed. If Trayvon was beating Zimmerman up, he would have punched him with his dominate hand. Furthermore, I believe there would have been much more significant wounds to Trayvon's hands if he were punching GZ, as Zimmerman reports. JMO

Testimony shows that Martin was 'flailing' with both arms, fists. In the rain, your hands would slide a little, also prejudicial evidence not allowed in showed Trayvon bragging about getting the upper hand in another fight by breaking someone's nose--which is the case here. There is no way Zimmerman could have faked those significant injuries in a matter of seconds, and he was treated at the scene by the paramedics. Forensics match what Zimmerman is saying.

IMO, Not at all. They show that he called each and every time there was a disturbance or suspicious behavior as he was taught to. He was always following the rules. He is always calm. I say it goes for him.

GZ made 47 calls to LE. He knew how to act on the phone when reporting things. He knew he was being recorded. He knew not to give his address and always gave the clubhouse address. Obviously, he didn't follow the rules as he followed Trayvon. His "job" was to contact LE and make a report, not take matters into his own hands. In addition, just because someone is calm in their phone calls, doesn't mean they don't have some type of rage issues inside. Clearly, saying these "F'ing Punks always get away" is not calm. JMO

It's really as simple as the boy clutched his chest, rolled over and died. IMO

Could well be. At least we know for sure who shot him so far, there has not been any evidence that TM provoked a fight much less a bullet.

It seems to me the defense attorneys are doing their best to confuse he witnesses and put words in their mouths. I suppose the prosecutors will do the same.
I can see why people don't come forward to report crimes. I wouldn't want to have to endure that when I was doing my best to tell the truth.
The supposition seems to be that every witness is lying.

....not only in this trial

JMO

Three Key points that favor Zimmerman:

1. Re: Left to right witness--If I correctly understand which side of the path her townhouse was on --and based on that witness saying she heard someone running 'left to right', and again the side of the pathway her townhouse is on---that person was running TOWARD the "T"-- is running toward the intersection where George was. Which means Trayvon Martin had to be heading back toward the "T" intersection to confront George. Had she been living on the other side of the path, left to right would have meant from the "T" intersection toward where Trayvon lived, but that was not the case here.

2. On that 911 tape---the dispatcher said, "which way is he running" which is evidence, not speculation and came out in court. To me Zimmerman was just trying to keep an eye on him so when the officer got there he could point out the townhouse he went into. Nobody on earth calls the cops to the place he plans to murder someone. Also, as the HLN judge said on TV, you can follow someone, that is not a crime unless you do it repeatedly.

3. No way if he was out to kill Trayvon, he wouldn't have suffered substantial injuries to his face, nose and head first. Remember he had a gun--he could have pulled out the gun before he got beat up.

In regard to your #1. If it was good for the defense, why was GZ's attorney so unhappy with this testimony? Just askin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo