George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to her testimony TM went to the store, he got caught in the rain and stood under a mail thing (paviion I would guess), and he was behind his daddy's house at one point. So how did he get the length of a football field back to where GZ's vehicle was parked?

He went back.

Wasn't he charged with perjury? That's lying, isn't it?

Shellie, his wife, was charged with perjury. As far as I know Zimmerman himself hasn't been charged with perjury. He was however busted for the money cover up between himself, his wife and his sister. He was also busted for not handing over his valid passport and handing in his expired one instead.

JMO but respect is earned. Considering the circumstances of this case, I think she was. :twocents:

She was a witness in a court of law.
All she had to do was answer the questions.

She acted like a two year old having a temper tantrum.

Says who? Show me the law that requires her to show "respect", then, explain to me how that will be defined, and by whom, as it is obviously subjective.

Wow! I also feel she was very disrespectful. To be a credible witness answer the questions clearly and concisely without muttering and eye rolling. At the end she implied that she would not be coming the next day -- that she was leaving. She even said some comment to the attorney about not wanting to come back to talk to him. Where does she think she is?

That's just a double standard.
We both know some words just don't fly when some people say them.
Ask Paula Deen.

JMO

Some people say mildly offensive words and some ACT on their false perceptions of others.
I know which I have more of a problem with out of these two scenerios.
IMO

She was a witness in a court of law.
All she had to do was answer the questions.

She acted like a two year old having a temper tantrum.

Not like any two year old I have seen throwing a tantrum and I have two children.

Shellie, his wife, was charged with perjury. As far as I know Zimmerman himself hasn't been charged with perjury. He was however busted for the money cover up between himself, his wife and his sister. He was also busted for not handing over his valid passport and handing in his expired one instead.

Thanks so much.

I had a passing knowledge of this. Thanks for clearing it up.

JMO but respect is earned. Considering the circumstances of this case, I think she was. :twocents:

For real? What circumstances in this case affect her? She is not the 16yo girlfriend too traumatized and in the hospital to attend the funeral. She did not call back her good friend to see what happened. She didn't call back that night or the next day or even the day after that. She was completely rude and disrespectful to a court of law.

Yesterday I posted three videos to prove that Zimmerman's story had in fact changed: the recorded non emergency call, the walk through with LE the day after the shooting and the interview with LE including the "voice stress test". I was then asked to please tell what the issues were that I felt was a change in story since all three videos equaled to over 2 hours. Last night I watched and transcribed the non emergency call and the walk through video. I will not be posting the entire transcriptions as they are very long however I will post excerpts from them to show the change..

(Snipped for space)

The issues you have highlighted appear to be "fog of war" kind of issues. They're not blatant lies. People get a little confused sometimes, especially in high-stress situations. Firstly, he was not under oath, was he? So this is of a different magnitude than perjury.

Second, one of your issues is with him not describing his car to NEN. Well, why would he willfully lie about something that could so easily be fact-checked? It's entirely possible he thought he had said something about his car because he thought about giving them the description, but was too worked up about the events at hand that he forgot to. I know I think I've told people things sometimes and have actually not, I've only thought about telling them.

What else, exactly are you taking into account with the walkthrough versus the NEN? You kind of just have the transcript there and then the NEN call and just say "It's obvious he lied". I don't see much of anything that's too different from what he told NEN.

It honestly sounds like nitpicking and expecting someone to remember every detail of a high-intensity event, rather than realizing that eyewitnesses are not perfect. The substance of the narratives have remained the same.

O/T.. I would like everyone to please say a prayer for one our members Jacie Estes. She was diagnosed with Cancer today. There is a prayer thread already started. TIA

Hi morrow! It's great to have input from people your age and we need your perspective on this so thanks!!!! Me, I'm old enough to be your Mom :blushing: even though my ribbon looks very new LOL!
She was disrespectful to the cultural norms of the courthouse. No doubt about that. She came off to my older self though as credible however. I volunteer with single Moms her age at an inner city youth hostel and I do think she was overall being respectful. I know what true disrespect can look like and today was mild in my opinion. I don't think she was well prepared for what today would be like and it threw her for a loop for the reasons you posted. And I totally agree she may be traumatized and grieving and putting on a show of bravado. Anyway the jury is older and there are 5 Moms on it and hopefully they'lll be able to empathize with a 19 year old being very brave. I hope so at least! :seeya:

lol thanks! I actually fault the prosecution more than I fault her. They didn't really prep her well enough for testifying IMO. I'm just glad I'm not on this jury lol I feel conflicted enough

I wonder if Dee Dee has talked with a Health care professional about what happened that night, and even how to deal with people coming at you all the time asking what happened, I would think that is a lot of pressure. We heard how that one lady that lived in the apartments reacted on the 911 call, and the panic she was in just watching. I can't imagine talking to my good friend and knowing that what I heard was last moments before they were killed.

I know that she has to talk about this and her role as a witness is crucial, but I personally believe she has not dealt with her own emotions from that night. Maybe I am wrong. Sometimes I wonder if lawyers forget these people have their own trauma and don't want to have people bothering them 24/7 making them repeat it.

Also, I feel the attorneys should have talked to her a LONG time ago about the importance of NOT rushing through testimony and helping her to understand the gravity of her statements being consistent.

I don't like that Crump taped that conversation without her knowing their were other people in the room, and I feel it was insensitive so soon after the event. I understand that conversation was just to get talking with crump and the mother 'over with'. People were probably coming at her from all sides

Maybe Trayvon attacked GZ because Trayvon profiled him. Maybe he didn't like him because of prejudice.

I think that is just as plausible as theorizing GZ shot TM because he profiled him.

(Snipped for space)

The issues you have highlighted appear to be "fog of war" kind of issues. They're not blatant lies. People get a little confused sometimes, especially in high-stress situations. Firstly, he was not under oath, was he? So this is of a different magnitude than perjury.

Second, one of your issues is with him not describing his car to NEN. Well, why would he willfully lie about something that could so easily be fact-checked? It's entirely possible he thought he had said something about his car because he thought about giving them the description, but was too worked up about the events at hand that he forgot to. I know I think I've told people things sometimes and have actually not, I've only thought about telling them.

What else, exactly are you taking into account with the walkthrough versus the NEN? You kind of just have the transcript there and then the NEN call and just say "It's obvious he lied". I don't see much of anything that's too different from what he told NEN.

It honestly sounds like nitpicking and expecting someone to remember every detail of a high-intensity event, rather than realizing that eyewitnesses are not perfect. The substance of the narratives have remained the same.

Sorry but I disagree. I see nothing that can be blamed on "fog" (and I heard more than enough of THAT word in another trial). What I see is a man that shot and killed an unarmed young man and is trying to minimize his actions that look very bad for him.

If you disagree with my opinion that is fine and I encourage you to take them piece by piece yourself (the non emergency call and the walk through) and show us how they are alike. I would be interested in specific examples like I gave instead of a broad stroke as to they seem the same. Thank you in advance.

Maybe Trayvon attacked GZ because Trayvon profiled him. Maybe he didn't like him because of prejudice.

I think that is just as plausible as theorizing GZ shot TM because he profiled him.

I think they both acted out of their own prejudices and learned behaviors. They are both complicit in the incident. I think it's kind of more understandable that Trayvon "profiled" someone who following and watching him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018