George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally disagree, he shot an unarmed young person to death. He cost the HOA a million dollars, which means the people who live there fees will go up. He was only a neighborhood watch person. His job was to watch not follow or take the law into his own hands. He had certain rules to follow and chose not to follow them. I know I don't want a neighborhood hood watch person who's going to shoot people walking home minding their own business, in my neighborhood. I'm glad we have police patrolling our neighborhood daily and the worst thing that's happened here is some teens broke into vacant houses and made holes in the walls. Costing the home owners thousands. The HOA has kicked those families out.

Thank you button was just not enough. An unarmed young man is dead. I don't mind a jury listening to evidence to make sure it's justified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did I hear that correctly? GZ is following TM in his truck. TM runs for 20 seconds. Call re-established and DeeDee hears TM and GZ confront each other?

My take away from Rachel's testimony: Trayvon was being followed by GZ and tried to lose him and get away from his stalking (the Webster def of stalking, not the legal definition).

She did say, or rather answered "yes" to a question asking if she changed a certain part of her story because she wanted GZ arrested, I can't remember the precise fact they were talking about, it was something sort of incidental but, still, looked horrible.

TY Schuby.
I recall her saying she changed some things, but they seemed to be about not hurting TMs Mom (wording TM used).
I do not recall the part about changing to get GZ arrested though.

Does anyone have links to transcripts or any idea at what point she said this?
Would like to check it out, TIA!

She did say, or rather answered "yes" to a question asking if she changed a certain part of her story because she wanted GZ arrested, I can't remember the precise fact they were talking about, it was something sort of incidental but, still, looked horrible.

She actually didn't say any of that. The defense lawyer said to her, if you didn't want to consent to the interview or do it, why did you, was it because you wanted GZ arrested? and to this she answered YES. This to me is not a shocker, she didn't know her call and the last words she heard were of such value and neither did the TM's parents UNTIL they heard what she had to say. Then they realized their SON was being followed. She decided to help because YES she wanted him arrested, because to them this was now a crime. MO

[modsnip]
MO

Being new here, I didn't want to get in trouble but I completely agree. I've seen a lot of judges that don't mind revealing their opinion (my dh is an attorney). However, as we saw with the JA trial - when the defendant is facing death or life in prison, most judges give the defense the benefit of the doubt - at least on some of their motions. They do not like being overturned in an appeal. I have not seen that at all with this judge. Mr. West is very professional. imo

Hi Judy. The TOS is in my siggy. I read it at least twice a week, to make sure I don't violate it. Welcome to WS!! :)

Is there a witness list in order that they will be called? I haven't followed a trial in a long time. Am wondering who is next after Rachel. I've got class later and only discovered livestream of the trial yesterday.

Cross seems to be going better today. All the yes and no questions.

Is the TM family attorney going to testify?

FYI Croakerqueen has videos of this trial on her youtube account...

http://www.youtube.com/user/croakerqueen123/videos

ITA ... GZ should not be on trial. Between the media lynching, anti-defense bias and the coached witness, I feel so sorry for GZ.

I agree with everything you said. This is just so sad for GZ. I don!t post much, but I feel very strongly about this. I am 63 years old and I,m sick watching this happen. I!m not going to say any more or I will be banned from here.

She actually didn't say any of that. The defense lawyer said to her, if you didn't want to consent to the interview or do it, why did you, was it because you wanted GZ arrested? and to this she answered YES. This to me is not a shocker, she didn't know her call and the last words she heard were of such value and neither did the TM's parents UNTIL they heard what she had to say. Then they realized their SON was being followed. She decided to help because YES she wanted him arrested, because to them this was now a crime. MO

[modsnip].

MO

She said she lied about her age because she didn't want to be involved but later admitted to being 18 and agreeing to come forward because she wanted him to be arrested.

She also admitted to lying in previous sworn testimony because, "that didn't mean nothing to me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by miimaa View Post
"IMO she cannot give a direct answer"
But, that might be attributed to her level of understanding as opposed to trying to be deceptive, IMO.

I agree. Either way, her testimony is worthless, imo

I totally disagree, he shot an unarmed young person to death. He cost the HOA a million dollars, which means the people who live there fees will go up. He was only a neighborhood watch person. His job was to watch not follow or take the law into his own hands. He had certain rules to follow and chose not to follow them. I know I don't want a neighborhood hood watch person who's going to shoot people walking home minding their own business, in my neighborhood. I'm glad we have police patrolling our neighborhood daily and the worst thing that's happened here is some teens broke into vacant houses and made holes in the walls. Costing the home owners thousands. The HOA has kicked those families out.

There was important testimony that goes to GZ state of mind. When the Police Neighborhood Coordinator invited GZ to apply for the civilian patrol planted a seed in GZ's mind to his future behavior. That is, he conjured up in his mind to cloak the Neighborhood Watch as his legal reason to be the "Neighborhood Cop w/ gun" heck with being trained by the police through the civilian patrol (minus gun use).

In my opinion, this is a dangerous mixture of gung ho robo cop with little training other than a pathetic couple of hrs of training to use a gun for a cancelled weapon permit and ego.

JMHO

I agree with everything you said. This is just so sad for GZ. I don!t post much, but I feel very strongly about this. I am 63 years old and I,m sick watching this happen. I!m not going to say any more or I will be banned from here.

I totally believe he should not be on trial.

The State said they have evidence that proves GZ wanted to shoot TM.....

Well........ So far and what I have seen from all the evidence, they have no case.

This became very clear by the end of 2012.

JMO

Did I hear that correctly? GZ is following TM in his truck. TM runs for 20 seconds. Call re-established and DeeDee hears TM and GZ confront each other?

I went back and listened to GZ's 911 call, he says 'he's running' and - counting to 20 - the call ends after the operator says they don't need him to do that (follow TM).

Running for what seemed like 20 seconds.

I totally believe he should not be on trial.

The State said they have evidence that proves GZ wanted to shoot TM.....

Well........ So far and what I have seen from all the evidence, they have no case.

This became very clear by the end of 2012.

JMO

*FACTS*
GZ did say TM said that when he saw GZs gun and reached for it.

GZ also claims TM said "You got me" when he was shot in the heart.

*MOO*
I believe neither of those, they just both sound so absurd and I can not see TM using those kinds of words in that situation.

ETA- My *FACTS* should actually say "GZ claims as FACTS* as they are neither proven as true or false.
2nd ETA- Although I guess since I said "claims" that would cover it?
I could never be a lawyer, have to be so dang precise!

I don't believe that TM said any such thing. It sounds like dialog from an old B grade Western movie. Something that a person with little imagination would dredge up to try to appear authentic. Also, if TM died instantly, which I have heard a medical expert say, although she was not involved in the case, he might have arisen and clutched his heart as post mortem reflex, but he wouldn't have been able to speak since his lungs could hold no air with a hole in his left lung. All the above is IMO. I did hear a medical doctor say he died instantly, but can't cite a site, because it was on TV. IMO

Well to me, she doesn't care about lying and that is the issue I have with her. As long as she can come up with a feeble justification, she thinks she can lie all she wants....

I'm a bit more sympathetic to this kid. I think her reasoning that she didn't want to say certain things in front of Trayvon's mother that might hurt her makes sense to me. It also makes sense (to me) that if she is in a closet (???) on the phone she would want to make the call short and sweet.

She is a KID. The "whateva" attitude is pretty prevalent in that age range.

In other words (and this is JMHO) she doesn't lie just for the sake of lying -- she either lies to protect someone's feelings or to do as little as she has to in order to get out of a situation. She is "shades of grey."

All in all her testimony is pretty consistent -- again MHO, and I remember that she is a kid and one with limited sophistication and education.

I don't understand why the judge doesn't simply direct this witness to speak up, speak clearly, and be done with it. Why should it be up to the attorney? It's the judges courtroom, her discretion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member