George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes me feel safe because I know at least 2 nut cases with a permit.

hen you should call the State Office of Licensing and report them. My husband got his FL CCW license a couple of years ago and I know the state did a complete background check. I'm sure they'd like to know that nut cases are making it through the process so they can tighten it up even more.

To me, the whole case hinges on one fact. The police told GZ to stop following TM. He disobeyed. After that, everything that followed was his fault. I don't care what anyone else says about self-defense. He put himself in that position, HE was on the offensive. JMO.

Since the police did not tell him any such thing, how does that affect your opinion?

How large were the wounds on GZ's head, the ones he got (presumably) by having his head pounded?

Tryvon punching George in the face and started slamming his head into the sidewalk is not a done deal. I don't believe it happened.

So the PA must be lying then?

The photos must be lying then?

His documented injuries must have somehow been fabricated then?

JMO

Actually I think it is, there are witnesses placing TM on top of GZ and photographic evidence of his injuries. it's reasonable to use a little common sense about what we know so far.

There is more evidence than that, most of which hasn't come in yet. Let's wait and see how all this plays out.

That T area is not that far from the unit. Those are buildings with multiple units.

I think he was 2 or 3 buildings down. He was "in the back" of them. That pathway is the same pathway of the building of the girlfriend (I hate having to designate since some people pick out that minutia and make it the whole point...it would just be easier to say "his house" but it wasn't...so whatever)

And again, going back to that unit was actually very smart. The only one home was a child. No adults there. Why on earth would you go to a place where no one is home to defend you with someone following you? I sure hope none of you ever do that if you are put in that situation!!!

On the other hand, he is a young black man. Him running up to someone else's unit, at night in the rain, saying "someone is following me! Help me! Let me in!"

Yeah, right! He knows THAT WOULD NEVER FLY! Who would let them in? I wouldn't. And again, I hope none of you would either if you are ever in that situation. It is what it is!!!

The state of society we live in today. I wish that was not the case.

Trayvon was in a strange neighborhood - not because he didn't belong there, but that's the facts!

In his mind - and again, I don't think there is a person alive who could convince me otherwise - he was being chased. He was on the defensive.

George's actions put him in that situation. I think George should pay for those actions.

I was going based on a map that I saw on a link a few pages back. It had "his house" marked. To me it looked to be down near the end of the row of houses and on the opposite side of the sidewalk to where the incident happened. So IMO it looked like a long diagonal track away from where he said he was.

ETA: When I say long I don't mean 1/2 a mile or a 5 minute walk or anything just that it wouldn't be close enough for me to think he was "right beside the house". That to me would say with in an apartment/house or two of his.

hen you should call the State Office of Licensing and report them. My husband got his FL CCW license a couple of years ago and I know the state did a complete background check. I'm sure they'd like to know that nut cases are making it through the process so they can tighten it up even more.

Ex County employee on heavy meds suffering from depression has a permit and a gun in his pocket.

So does it look good for the state's case at this point of the trial?

Bill Sheaffer is saying that the Defense may have opened the door for the prosecution to bring in the past restraining orders & battery charge against GZ.

He didn't just take someone's life because he wanted to, he did it because he had no other choice. This is self defense.

The state is saying George wanted to shoot Trayvon and if the state says that George wanted to shoot Trayvon they need to back it up with factual evidence.

They will have to convince me 100% that they even have a case at all.

JMO

I don't agree with your first statement.

The rest of it, I absolutely agree with!

I think this is a manslaughter case, and based on what I have heard, that is an option.

It greatly depends on why this individual is a "nut case". There's a laundry list of reasons a person can be denied a permit or access to a firearm. If they meet any of the criteria, so be it. However, one person engaging in ad hominems against another doesn't necessarily mean anything. Just to be clear.

(Not necessarily responding to your post - just the general concept of it)

So what they were just looking at on her Twitter could have been those suggestions. Especially since she said "I could follow them if I click here".

Thanks. I have a twitter but never log into it because it is too confusing and I just don't like the format. I prefer FB

Me too. I follow a few people sometimes during a trial but I am not a 'tweeter'. Tried it once and never could figure out where it went :facepalm:

I think this is a manslaughter case, and based on what I have heard, that is an option.

As of now, I believe the state has no case and I have no idea if they just went for murder 2nd degree or if they included manslaughter...... but 2nd degree is overcharging if you ask me.

JMO

Ex County employee on heavy meds suffering from depression has a permit and a gun in his pocket.

Medication for what? If the individual has been adjudicated mentally defective, they are forbidden by federal law from possessing a firearm period. Much less a carry permit for such.

Which statement?

I cannot recall where I heard this, but other posters probably can set me straight. But I heard that George went to work the next day to let them know that he would probably be off work for a long time, because of the shooting. I understood that he did not work, just reported to his bosses why he was about to be off work. Please feel free to set me straight on this.

If that's the case, how odd to go to the clinic to get "able-to-work" clearance, as stated in the medical summary from the clinic.

JMO.....this whole "GZ hit his girlfriend" has me concerned. The jury is 6 women and if they hear that, they will feel as I do - at this moment, I despise him (and I was leaning towards not guilty). If he hit a woman, and I don't know any of the facts yet, he's dead to me (not literally but you get it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier