George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE definitely just called GZ out on why he didn't go back to his truck. I'm paraphrasing, but "It's raining, you're getting wet, and you say you've written this guy off. So why didn't you go back to your car?" Bingo.

"Why would they [LE] need to call you?" Again, bingo.

Imo, all extremely pertinent questions.

IMO, the are not "calling" him out. They are trying to rattle him and get him to change his story (something a guilty person would do to make their story more believable to the interrogator). But it isn't working. JMO. OMO. MOO.

The detective, Mike Brooks, on HLN has interviewed thousands of individuals. He says Zimmerman's accounts are all substantially the same. No huge discrepancies or problems with his statements and interviews in his opinion. :twocents:

Which is exactly what the female police officer testified to earlier

I can't figure that one out either. He was the NW captain and had maps of the neighborhood that he distributed to the block captains. (or whatever they are called) There were only 3 streets in the neighborhood, correct?

In previous testimony, a witness confirmed that there is a place where it is difficult to tell which street is which. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Nobody saw GZ "smothered". Officer Serino having a tough time with the "smothering" part. - From taped interview

Officer Serino thinking Trayvon saw GZ's weapon prior to the "punch".

GZ says in interview, when asked if that was GZ's voice, GZ states "this doesn't even sound like me".

From taped interview...

I'm sorry to have to say this, but this interview is pointing out GZ's lies...IMO.
I really wanted to give this guy a fair chance. But too many lies here for an innocent person claiming Self Defense. IMO.

IMO, the are not "calling" him out. They are trying to rattle him and get him to change his story (something a guilty person would do to make their story more believable to the interrogator). But it isn't working. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Exactly, imo. Wait for cross and, in this case, even the re-direct.

In previous testimony, a witness confirmed that there is a place where it is difficult to tell which street is which. JMO. OMO. MOO.

And that she herself didn't know the name of the street at that particular place because it changed. Even though she's on the HOA.

Sheaffer saying GZ won't take the witness stand??? Did I just hear that right?

I think you should wait and hear some of the character witnesses when the Defense puts on their case. BTW you forgot to add (imo) after your Dirty Harry comment...I have not seen ANY evidence that he had a personality like that - he seems quite mild mannered and very respectful. IMO

Well, his character is irrelevant if you don't believe his story, right?

*BBM*
Just to put an idea out there...
Perhaps his being perceived as mild mannered and respectful was why he wanted to insert a little "tough guy" into his image?
Just a scenario.

BTW, Ted Bundy could also be quite mild mannered and respectful. I know GZ is not in league with Ted, just making a point that people are not always what they project to the world.

Agreed. And so was Jodi Arias, Jeffrey Dahmer, etc. Not necessarily putting GZ in the same class as these people. Just saying that you can't always judge a book by it's cover. MOO

ncgramma - while I appreciate your lengthy post, my point was, GZ was never, ever told by the dispatcher to get the "exact" address. You posted the interview LE, which was my point. He told LE one thing, but that is NOT what was said on the dispatch tape. The dispatcher, from what I recall and have listened to a million times, never asks GZ for the "exact" location! If the dispatch call is transcribed somewhere, and the dispatcher tells GZ to get the "exact" location for them, I will eat my words. :floorlaugh:

No worries. The point was only that Trayvon may have used it as normal speech pattern.

imo, there's no question that he did. Words like that don't just come flying out of your mouth for the first time at age 17. And Rachel didn't seem at all surprised by it, imo.

all jmo

ZIMMERMAN TRIAL: EVIDENTIARY FLASHBACK: Zimmerman Recalls Fatal Fight to Police

By Andrew Branca, Attorney at Law
June 14th, 2013 | Florida
http://lawofselfdefense.com/zimmerm...back-zimmerman-recalls-fatal-fight-to-police/

Below is a snippet from the transcript of the February 27, 2012 Sanford Police Department interview of George Zimmerman by Investigator Singleton, the day after the shooting of Trayvon Martin.

“Help me, help me. He’s killing me.” And he puts his hand on my nose and mouth and he says, “You’re gonna die tonight,” and I don’t remember much after that. I just remem, I couldn’t breath and then he still kept trying to hit my head against the pavement or I don’t know if there was a sign or what it was. So, I just, uh, when I slid, my jacket and my shirt came up and when he said, “You’re gonna die tonight,” I felt his hand go down on my side and I thought he was going for my firearm. So I grabbed it immediately and as he banged my head again, I just pulled out my firearm and shot him.

So, GZ got a accurate shot right into TM's chest while his head was banged into the ground. Hum, that doesn't sit right with me. Also I believe TM saw the gun and was trying to stop GZ from using it on him. I'm not buying into GZ's story here.

http://lawofselfdefense.com/zimmerm...back-zimmerman-recalls-fatal-fight-to-police/[/quote]

I am confused about how Trayvon is seeing George follow him. Is T on a streetside side walk or walking behind apts? And what would cause you to think someone was following after seeing them sitting on the phone in their car and then riding down a street with all those apts. Why wouldn't u just assume they lived in one of them. I just don't understand Trayvons' view of what George was doing. IMO

Sheaffer saying GZ won't take the witness stand??? Did I just hear that right?

I heard it too. If this last tape had not come in, I would have believe it. After this tape, he kind of does have to take the stand.

For what it's worth, I never thought GZ will take the stand. JMO

GZ just said in his interview at the police station the night of the incident that TM also said "ow, ow" after saying "you got me" while GZ was on his back trying to detain him and spread his arms apart. That's what was just played in the courtroom.

He keeps adding embellishments of what sounds like dialogue from an old western or tv cop show. IMO

All the episodal nuances, twists, turns, noises, neighbor interuptions and dialogue Zimmerman claims happened would have taken 10 times longer than the length of the whole encounter. IMO

Also the camera zoomed in on the back and front and sides of GZ's head and there were no blackened eyes, two butterfly bandages on the back of his head, a wee scratch visible on one side of his nose and an abrasion like a scrape on the right side of his head. None of which gave the impression of serious injuries...at least not those of a life threatening nature.IMO

Also he said whilst he was engaged in fighting for his life, he was able to converse twice with a neighbor. When the neighbor said they were going to call 911 he said, " No, don't do that, come over here and help me." His testimony made it sound like that ocurred twice, once before he killed Martin and once just afterward. Plus if what he said was really going on, his mouth and nose covered, at the same time as his head is banged, and his gun is getting exposed, it is not credible in the least.IMO

So John Good was so observant, he took it to be a dog fight, shaking head over that one.IMO

Well, his character is irrelevant if you don't believe his story, right?

Yep! nail on the head right there!! If you have already made up your mind....why even listen to the prosecution (or the defense) witnesses. We can only hope for GZ's sake and the legal system's reputation that these 6 women are NOT in that category....

He was a pot user and they found thc in his system so I figure it was reasonable to conclude that he was smoking...not tobacco, but weed.

I agree with you, but I don't think we're supposed to give our opinion on that on this board since there was no pot found at the scene -- just in his body, which may have been old. Per Tricia, above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lineman21