George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From watching him in court and on the tape with the police, it seems that's just his personality. GZ is consistently quiet and low-spoken (is that a phrase? IDK :blushing:).

I will acknowledge that GZ speaks in a very monotone type voice. He is speaking that way on all of the videos and in all of the recordings. Even right after the incident. The witnesses who spoke to GZ after the incident all make note of how GZ seemed rather calm or stoic in his speech and behavior that night. This makes me believe that it was not him who was heard screaming for help on the 911 tape. I'm finding it difficult to see GZ's voice reaching that sort of pitch. Just moo.

I believe the case could be made for manslaughter. A jury is allowed to consider manslaughter if they don't consider it murder. He didn't break the law, per se, but his actions led to an encounter that ended a life. He should absolutely be held accountable in some way.

But, If he did not break the law. Not at all, Then how can he be held responsible for defending his life?

That is where I am having trouble. IMO.

How does his written and audio statement that he was on top of Trayvon, spread out Trayvon's hands and arms and held him there until LE arrived (his words) add up to Trayvon's arms and hands being folded up under his body?

I understand LE does this, but in this case, there are pictures of Trayvon's body with his arms tucked under his body. GZ's own words don't match the evidence regarding the placement of the body. Did he move it back? How did Trayvon end up the way he did if GZ is telling the truth?

:seeya:Sorry as always I'm trying to catch up on thread...

Angelwings I also heard the same thing this morning, GM even goes on to state that it was at this point that TM said 'you've got me, you've got me."

Is the transcript posted anywhere where we can review? Thanks in advance!

Were there any bushes as GZ stated in his interview? GZ stated that Trayvon jumped out of the bushes. The officer on the stand said there were no bushes. Anyone figure this one out yet?

There are no bushes visible near the sidewalk T in the walk through GZ did with the police February 27: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX1sxARNq_c"]Raw Video: George Zimmerman reenacts incident for Sanford Police - YouTube[/ame]

This is crazy! PROS is attacking his own Witness... Incredible...

Ouch...so if GZ didn't know that Trayvon is dead, why did he holster his gun? Court questions...

But, If he did not break the law. Not at all, Then how can he be held responsible for defending his life?

That is where I am having trouble. IMO.

He would not have been in a position to defend his life if he had handled the situation better. The only reason he found himself in a place where he had to defend himself is because he followed a young kid and wouldn't identify himself, making himself seem like a threat. he should be held accountable. A kid is dead.

Remember to add "just my opinion " unless you are stating absolute fact. Thank you

I believe the case could be made for manslaughter. A jury is allowed to consider manslaughter if they don't consider it murder. He didn't break the law, per se, but his actions led to an encounter that ended a life. He should absolutely be held accountable in some way.

IMO, this case illustrates why citizens should not be walking around armed. But that is not what this case is about. It is legal in Florida to carry and GZ was carrying legally. IMO, Florida law is on GZ's side. He only resorted to his gun when he was in fear for his life or great bodily injury. JMO, OMO, MOO.

If I were the pros or defense, I wouldn't want to be perceived as attacking this officer. She seems so completely sincere and likable - and now she appears irritated.

Hm.

:seeya:Sorry as always I'm trying to catch up on thread...

Angelwings I also heard the same thing this morning, GM even goes on to state that it was at this point that TM said 'you've got me, you've got me."

Is the transcript posted anywhere where we can review? Thanks in advance!

He also stated that Trayvon stated OWW OWW. There will be a transcript later...I'll try to look for it. Go to Real Time Trial Thread..it might already be there. :seeya:

Ouch...so if GZ didn't know that Trayvon is dead, why did he holster his gun? Court questions...

Because he had stopped him. HE was not looking to kill him. He was finally up and free from his grasp and there were others around..

He used his gun to stop his aggressor.

IMO.

I'm not sure but I think it's SOP. IOW, it's what you are supposed to do. You aren't supposed to keep your weapon drawn, especially with LE on their way. JMO, OMO, MOO.

GZ was surprised TM was dead and seemed affected??
Please, enough of the bs GZ.
Next time you shot someone how about finding out yourself the condition of the person.

I would think that would be typical for someone who accidentally shot someone - for example, the gun was being held and accidentally went off.

I think if I shot someone who I believed was trying to kill or seriously harm me, I wouldn't go over and try to revive or check on them. Especially if I believed the person were still alive.

If I accidentally harmed someone, absolutely.

The penalty for manslaughter with a gun is 30 years. IMO, that is too severe for what happened in this case. Yes, TM is dead, but it could have easily been reversed. I believe GZ is "guilty" of self defense (not a crime), or reckless endangerment (although that doesn't really fit either).

Wonder if they are going to bring in grass stains on Trays knees maybe kneeling behind the bushes. Just wondering. imo

He would not have been in a position to defend his life if he had handled the situation better. The only reason he found himself in a place where he had to defend himself is because he followed a young kid and wouldn't identify himself, making himself seem like a threat. he should be held accountable. A kid is dead.

But he did nothing legally wrong. What did he do that was so wrong? Because any of us might handle it differently than the other.

This was a 6 ft tall guy.

TM is dead because Beat up GZ and he shot him to save his life. IMO.

That is not GZ's fault. That is a tragedy But I don't see anything that says that GZ is guilty of anything other than having a legal firearm.

IMO.

What type of LEO is this witness, I missed the beginning of her testimony.

She does not seem like any homicide det. I've seen on first 48 hours or any other reality show about investigators.

She thinks the differences in GZ stories to be insignificant and seems to just take for granted that whatever GZ says is true.

That seems to be a very unusual way to treat a perp who has just shot an unarmed teenager.

Even the fact of the way the victims body was positioned does not match the perp's story and no one decides to learn why the discrepancy.

And telling GZ it is not really against christian principles to shoot and kill someone if they are defending themselves. Why would they take his word for it that it was self defense.

I would say at least half of the perps in "The First 48 Hours" claimed self defense at first and are then charged w/1st degree murder after more facts come out.

All above are just my own opinion!

Also IMO, it is this aspect that makes the case racially charged, moreso than GZ 'profiling' TM. It is that if GZ had been AA and Trayvon had been Caucasian, the LE treatment of the shooter would have been completely different. GZ would be the clear 'suspect' and TM would be a clear 'victim'. MOO.

The witness just confirmed that it was safe/proper for GZ to holster his weapon. That's the way I heard her testimony, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx