George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I can't figure out as to what the difference is.

The difference is that in self defense you have to take reasonable steps to extract yourself from the situation or be unable to take such steps. In SYG, you still cannot be the aggressor, but you don't have to back off. In other words you can "Stand Your Ground"

So let me get this right.
If I fear I may receive bodily harm from a person, I can pull out my 357 and blow them away IMO?

If they are in the process of attacking you physically and you perceive they could do great bodily harm then the answer is YES. YES, you have the right to shoot them to stop the attack.

Yikes! Sounds like we are moving back to the wild west . . . or maybe even some post-apocalyptic future where you can never be sure it is safe to go out in public. :scared:

OT, but in MS they passed a law that one can openly carry a gun beginning 7-1. It is in limbo now because a Judge did something. Kinda scarry to me. Does sorta sound like the wild west.

JMO

I would think if you have a case that's not very good, you call a few of your best witnesses and leave it at that.

Calling excellent witnesses for the defense and then serving them up to the jury on a silver platter seems very odd.

Not if they know defense is going to call these witnesses so they call these witnesses first.

The focus is what is going on in a person's mind. OK, so now I have to be a mind reader and be able to explore a person's brain waves before I drop them .
Sounds like I got work to do. IMO

IMO if someone assaults you by punching you in the face, breaks your nose then straddles you on the ground continuing to assault you even though you are screaming for help then tries to grab the weapon you are legally carrying...your work is done. You have reached the threshold of reasonable expectation of bodily harm
IMO

I don't agree with Geragos at all. I don't think state is trying to throw a case-that's absurd. I think state's case is not good at all, so they are going with what they have.

I totally agree. In my personal opinion, they don't have to try and throw it. You can, imo, stick a fork in them.

If they are in the process of attacking you physically and you perceive they could do great bodily harm then the answer is YES. YES, you have the right to shoot them to stop the attack.
So, let me get this straight: If TM saw GZ pull the gun on him and somehow manged to kill GZ before he (TM) got shot, then TM would be in GZ's shoes, correct?

I believe it is another professor; he is hiking in the desert somewhere near New Mexico and was "unavailable" for live courtroom testimony.

This is ridiculous, it's a high profile case with a definite start date. He should have refused if he wasn't going to be in town, or cancelled his plans. No excuse for this.

What I am writing here is My Own Opinion.

What the testimony today and the previous days has shown again and again: There never was any case against George Zimmerman.

OT, but in MS they passed a law that one can openly carry a gun beginning 7-1. It is in limbo now because a Judge did something. Kinda scarry to me. Does sorta sound like the wild west.

JMO

Several states already have open carry laws...some are "permissive", not requiring a license.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_carry_in_the_United_States"]Open carry in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

This is ridiculous, it's a high profile case with a definite start date. He should have refused if he wasn't going to be in town, or cancelled his plans. No excuse for this.

I agree.. It is ridiculous.. He should have to at least go to a local court room not skype from his bed room... JMO

I wonder if PTSD would help in SYG? Was robbed at gun point and I was in fear for my life, had PTSD for years afterward, a color, a baseball cap, another making eye contact too long would set it off. If I were approached by another in a manner that elicited a PTSD reaction, would I be right in firing a weapon and killing that person if that person did not have a weapon, but may have worn the wrong color clothes, a baseball cap or made eye contact for a time that was long enough to trigger my reaction?

IMO, I believe what happened that night was because of GZ, you never hear about TM, some people are making TM out to be a "bad guy" because he was beating GZ up, and yet why would he simply do that? He was the one WHO RAN, TWICE from GZ, so why would he lie in wait for him then punch him in the nose???? That doesn't make sense to me. If he wanted to confront GZ, he would have done so before he RAN. So, GZ is the victim in all this because he has injuries??? TM is dead because of GZ. I'm sorry but if GZ has injuries there was a good reason for hit, IMO. I think he was the one who started this and he also ended it. :twocents:

I had hoped the Professor's testimony would clear up the relevance of "who started it". IMO

Chalk up another huge Plus for the Prosecution this morning ( yesterday was a great Triumph for them as well.) The judge allowing them to bring in how GZ lied on the Sean Hannity show when he said he had never heard of the Stand Your Ground statue /Castle Doctrine .

GZ's very professional and eloquent instructor Sgt Alexis ( last name ? ) in that course was even able, under cross, to debunk a possible loop hole by telling the court that in a " scuffle" or other type of confrontation, the tables could be T U R N E D and the person on home ground could become the Agressor and the other person could become the one who needed to Stand Their Ground.

Good show for the Prosecution !!
ALL IMO Since GZ was the Aggressor / Provoker from the very first minute. It was he who became a threat to boy on his phone returning from 7-11.

This is ridiculous!!!!

All his friends showing up to call and say they see him!!!

WHAT A CIRCUS!!!

IMO

This witness debacle, IMO, is a good description of the state's case - a disaster.

My parrot, however, is in her glory, more new noises!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dp203dumpspdf