George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if PTSD would help in SYG? Was robbed at gun point and I was in fear for my life, had PTSD for years afterward, a color, a baseball cap, another making eye contact too long would set it off. If I were approached by another in a manner that elicited a PTSD reaction, would I be right in firing a weapon and killing that person if that person did not have a weapon, but may have worn the wrong color clothes, a baseball cap or made eye contact for a time that was long enough to trigger my reaction?

IMO, and with all due respect, I don't believe someone suffering PTSD reactions and flashbacks should be legally allowed to carry a gun. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Your fear would have to pass the "reasonable" test. Would a reasonable person, in the same circumstance, feel fear that they will receive GREAT bodily harm, or be killed? Then yes.

If you are somewhere you have the right to be, and not committing a crime, and you have a reasonable fear that you are about to sustain great bodily harm or death from another person, you are lawfully allowed to defend yourself.

Obviously, a scuffle in a public place with others around, or if someone hits you and then runs, you don't have the right to shoot in broad daylight.

If you're out on one of your late night walks, and someone larger than you comes and grabs you and no one is there to help, yes, you can shoot them.
What if I'm walking leisurely in the rain, someone confronts me and tells me I have no right to be doing that, grabs my jacket to detain me, I panic and punch them, they pounce on me, we tussle on the ground, I manage to get on top and try to hold this person down while screaming frantically for help, they squirm around to get loose banging their head on the sidewalk a few times while attempting to buck me off of them, they pull out a gun, and I . . . I what(?), sit back to let them get up, and they shoot me? Just hypothetically speaking. :moo:

The judge does not realize that IT IS THE SKYPE app that is popping up .. Yes??

IMO

IMO if someone assaults you by punching you in the face, breaks your nose then straddles you on the ground continuing to assault you even though you are screaming for help then tries to grab the weapon you are legally carrying...your work is done. You have reached the threshold of reasonable expectation of bodily harm
IMO

You are assuming GZ is telling the truth and you trust everything that comes out of his mouth IMO?

Is Skype somehow displaying the ID/phone number the state is using so random people are calling? Or is this just a regular issue with skype? I have never used it.

I wonder if PTSD would help in SYG? Was robbed at gun point and I was in fear for my life, had PTSD for years afterward, a color, a baseball cap, another making eye contact too long would set it off. If I were approached by another in a manner that elicited a PTSD reaction, would I be right in firing a weapon and killing that person if that person did not have a weapon, but may have worn the wrong color clothes, a baseball cap or made eye contact for a time that was long enough to trigger my reaction?

I don't think the standard allows for overreaction due to a traumatized past.

The standard is "a reasonable person" - and although you would be experiencing terror based on your PTSD, I don't believe you can use that when considering whether a "reasonable person" would feel threatened enough to invoke the use of deadly force.

Is Skype somehow displaying the ID/phone number the state is using so random people are calling? Or is this just a regular issue with skype? I have never used it.

yep...trolls had their opportunity to go "big time"

You are assuming GZ is telling the truth and you trust everything that comes out of his mouth IMO?

So far there is nothing to refute that. Even the investigators believed he was truthful. The people that do this ALL THE TIME...

OMO

You forgot Maricopa Countys resident genius....ringing in at a whopping 119...:facepalm:

:floorlaugh:

My bad. I did leave out the recently convicted Ms. Jodi A. Einstein:floorlaugh:

What if I'm walking leisurely in the rain, someone confronts me and tells me I have no right to be doing that, grabs my jacket to detain me, I panic and punch them, they pounce on me, we tussle on the ground, I manage to get on top and try to hold this person down while screaming frantically for help, they squirm around to get loose banging their head on the sidewalk a few times while attempting to buck me off of them, they pull out a gun, and I . . . I what(?), sit back to let them get up, and they shoot me? Just hypothetically speaking. :moo:

I really don't know.

That's really beyond the scope of my point - that is, the standard is a "reasonable person".

I love OMara using the disaster to get the witness to repeat that he had no idea if GZ had ever attended the online class. LOL.

IMO his statements have been mostly verified by the testimony of witnesses in this case and evidence photos of the injuries he sustained that evening IMO

I don't think the standard allows for overreaction due to a traumatized past.

The standard is "a reasonable person" - and although you would be experiencing terror based on your PTSD, I don't believe you can use that when considering whether a "reasonable person" would feel threatened enough to invoke the use of deadly force.

I'm guessing a diminished capacity defense or something similar would be more appropriate. IANAL. JMO. OMO. MOO.

:goodpost:
Excellent question.

This is really unfair to the defense. Not only can't the jury SEE the witness, they can barely understand. Judge needs to shut this circus down (IMO).

He wanted to be an atty and maybe a prosecutor...

HA!

Good going STATE...

OMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads