George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this helps the state at all!!
All it shows is he was bleeding all over!

He was hurt. He was bleeding..

OMO

GZ was bleeding from two scratches on his head and a nose bleed.

TM was bleeding from a hole passing through his heart and chest cavity.

Good question. I have learned to never try to guess what teenagers do on their phones...they are tethered to them all day like a lifeline. How did we survive when we were kids?

I certainly remember being on the phone with a boyfriend just to hear the sound of his voice and hear him breathe. ;D And I could keep up long conversations with very chatty girls, too. The pattern, and the personalities involved in these calls makes me think there was something that was of great concern to Trayvon that she was able to give information about. Something that may have altered his mood either for the better or made him furious. IMHO musings only.

This has been bothering me about GZ response to LE immediately after the shooting:
When you take the CCW class, you are told, that if you do shoot someone, your response to LE should be:
1. "I was in fear for my life".
2. "I am too shook up/traumatized to answer any questions".
3. "I need to contact my attorney".
This is SOP. Why didn't GZ follow this protocol?
This is not my opinion. This was protocol from the CCW course I took at Gunsite Training Center. It was also the same for my BF who got his CCW at High Noon, a gun shop, shooting range, that offered courses. It is also stated in the Arizona CCW Handbook...which I don't have a link for and my copy is at my son's place.
Is Florida's CCW courses of a different mindset? Anyone?

To me? He didn't because in that circumstance he was not thinking of his training. He wanted to be open and make sure he was cooperating so the police could get to the bottom of it all fast.

You are right, Most people would say, I WANT A LAWYER.

But to me it happened fast, AT this point, he does not even know TM is dead!

OMO

Since TM had been walking in the rain, would not his sweat shirt have been wet? If it was wet, would that degrade/wipe away blood?

JMO

That might work with hard surfaces, but not with fabric. Seems many have tried to clean up crime scenes and there was still traces of blood present. I think clorox would do the trick though!

I am starting to think Mark Geragos is right and the prosecution is deliberately 'tanking', and I don't like agreeing with Mark Geragos :(

IMO there are only two reasons why someone would run from someone in the situation presented -- either they were "scared" (although is has mostly been stated that TM was "in fear for his life", I'll go with "scared" to quote you) or they were up to no good.

Again, JMO.

I do not believe TM was up to no good... Fact: he was going to the store to get Skittles, drink. Fact: He was talking on the phone with friend. Fact: He was, per GZ statement, he was standing around, not trying to get out of the rain (so what IMO). Fact: He was in the residence of his fathers girlfriend coming home from the store to give his friend the Skittles. If he were up to no good, he would not, IMO have been doing all that. In fact I think if he were up to no good, he would have actually broken into a home (like GZ was assuming) and not have gone to the store, talked on the phone so casually..etc.. :twocents:

GZ was bleeding from two scratches on his head and a nose bleed.

TM was bleeding from a hole passing through his heart and chest cavity.

GZ was injured first. That is really all that matters. TM beat him and caused injury to him. He was shooting because he was bleeding everywhere and scared.

That makes sense.

TM's death is a horrible tragedy. But we can not convict people on emotion.. There has to be facts to prove the case

the State just showed us all how much GZ was bleeding..

OMO

This has been bothering me about GZ response to LE immediately after the shooting:
When you take the CCW class, you are told, that if you do shoot someone, your response to LE should be:
1. "I was in fear for my life".
2. "I am too shook up/traumatized to answer any questions".
3. "I need to contact my attorney".
This is SOP. Why didn't GZ follow this protocol?
This is not my opinion. This was protocol from the CCW course I took at Gunsite Training Center. It was also the same for my BF who got his CCW at High Noon, a gun shop, shooting range, that offered courses. It is also stated in the Arizona CCW Handbook...which I don't have a link for and my copy is at my son's place.
Is Florida's CCW courses of a different mindset? Anyone?

I'm sure the protocols are similar, but 1-3 are all strictly for CYA purposes. George obviously wasn't concerned with covering his butt. Which is not to say that he shouldn't have. He should have. That he didn't speaks to me to his good character, not bad. People who are used to dealing with character sometimes naively expect to be treated in the same manner by others. all jmo

Is Angela Corey in the courtroom each day, all day during the trial?

Has she made any statements or said anything publically after it was announced that GZ would be charged and the grand jury process bypassed?

I'm curious on how she's reacting to the way this trial is playing out thus far-- in presence and engagement.

No, the guy who shot my child, his hands were bagged and tested for gsr (gunshot residue) and btw he claimed self-defense, but was convicted of murder2.

I am so sorry for your loss! I appreciate the correction (I thought it was only if the hands couldn't move, and they weren't sure) , but I am terribly sorry that you found out that way.
Not my opinion here - I am so sorry that happened to you and your family.

I have always thought that the gun's recoil hit GZ in the face/nose, since he was in very close proximity to TM when the gun was fired. It's not like his arms were extended away from his own face.

Great post and very probable happening....with the point blank shot right into TM's heart.IMO

My biggest problem with George is, he didn't scream for someone to get an ambulance for Trayvon. imo
My problem with Trayvon is that he supposed to have been running scared yet Rachel said he asked her at one point to check to see on something abt the basketball game. imo

To me, All this testimony says is that GZ was bleeding all over...

OMO

All over? I would think his blood would have shown up on his shirt, jacket. Not sure if GZ's clothing was tested though. How do you think GZ was bleeding all over?

Brilliant posting !! And WHY may I inquire wouldn't any person wear a hood of any sort In the much talked about rain???? Many people when just going into a convenience store for a couple of minutes wouldn't remove their head covering....I certainly don't even if it's to do a weekly shop at Raley's or elsewhere because I have RA in my elbows and use them as infrequently as possible , whilst other people have all sorts of legitaimate reasons for keeping their hoodies on...we have a family member who is very shy.....simply because he is VERY tall..he wears a hoodie with the hood up almost constantly....last I heard it wasn't a crime in the whole 50 states!!! IMO

Uhh, because a hoodie SWEATSHIRT is not rainwear. That's a fact.

My biggest problem with George is, he didn't scream for someone to get an ambulance for Trayvon. imo
My problem with Trayvon is that he supposed to have been running scared yet Rachel said he asked her at one point to check to see on something abt the basketball game. imo

But he knows Police are on the way and the neighbor already said he was calling 911. So he knows they are coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3